Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

WitchFetish posted:

there's this mysterious "unlucky hypopotamus" figure being alluded to (something like the Yellow King in True Detective?),

Are you sure this was meant to be an allusion to the character? It just seemed to me to be a nursery rhyme about death, a la "Solomon Grundy"; a good setting of the tone, but little else.

Anyhow, I am intrigued by all this, but that is a whole bunch of (generally awful) characters to keep track of, so if at least one person doesn't die by next episode, I will get annoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Something tells me that these people will be sabotaging themselves anyway, mysterious force or no.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

alcharagia posted:

the next episode preview pretty blatantly told us that we're getting lovepon and nyanta's backstories

Calling it now: Lovepon's experienced a loss of family/friends due to a criminal who got free/was exonerated, and then the criminal did more bad things, and that's why she's so into punishment.

Couldn't tell you about Nyanta, though.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Another theory: Speedstar killed Mitsumune's bro, somehow, and his clinginess and obsession with Mitsu is a manifestation of his guilt. Of course, my other theories on this show have been wrong, so that is, probably too.

Just getting his thing off his chest seems to have fixed some of hiss passivity, though, woah. It doies take some balls to confront an angry mob like that, because once The Mob's been stirred up, it generally takes some blood to calm them down, and there's really no way to talk your way out of it, leaving two options: escape, or the ol' one finger salute as you burn. There's been some examples of that, but I think my favorite is Giles Corey. They piled stones on him till he died; know what his last words were? "More weight!"

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Welp, that's it. We're probably going to find Yottsun rapping in the trees somewhere in the nextr few episodes. And where's Wacky Jack, I wonder?

Yeesh, a bit more people are still on the "burn Masaki as a witch" than I thought would be still. Although I still get the sense that she is still being deliberately cagey about something. I mean, why didn't she go back home after getting lost the first time? Did she really not want to explain what happened to Reiji, or did she go along with him as a pretext for getting away from the family somehow? The way she talked about her father(?), it sounded like he might have been yakuza...were they abusive or criminal towards her? And how long ago was this, that she actually had to live in a town and work part time? Not to defend the actions of the group here, but Masaki still isn't telling everything... but maybe she'll open up to Mitsumune (assuming Speedstar doesn't bash her over the head with a rock the minute Mitsu's back is turned, of course).

Really interesting group dynamics emerging in the face of all the craziness... This show is good. It's a good show.

• Locked thread