Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

WitchFetish posted:

Now let's start taking bets on who's gonna die next episode. Aside from Yottsun "the rapping rapist", I can't quite decide. Maybe one of the Yuuno/e/a?

Of course they made the black guy a rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
This show is :gooncamp: the anime. That's going to be hard to resist.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

^^^ I think we actually do have most of the traditional slasher flick stereotypes. It even looks like it's going to be black guy dies first. It's just a big cast so we get extra spergs and crazies too.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

At the very least, try engaging with it on a level beyond sitcom snarky dismissal, please.

That was a compliment. Gooncamp is some of the funniest poo poo to come out of the forums.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Sydnesider posted:

In a twist, there is no serial killer or bears in the woods. The biggest killers will be starvation and malnutrition, as these internet denizens did not realise they would have to farm their own food in an isolated, abandoned town. Through murder over pieces of fruit and eventual cannibalism, the last survivor will be Jigoku no Gouka, thanks to his survival skills he read on a 2chan forum thread.
In the ending credits he suffers a cut while foraging in the forest, and succumbs to an infection, which would have easily have been cured by modern medicine in a hospital.

Twist: The cops do know about the place, arrest everyone for trespassing. Serial killer shows up late and wonders where everyone went.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Yeah, if you're going to indict japan's morals, you should at least do it for something already in the show, like their treatment of minorities for instance (RIP Yottsun).

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

RIP Yottsun, so black he could rap, die first and also not swim.

Where has your posting been all my life?

Also RIP systems engineer guy. You told your whole backstory, you might as well be 2 days from retirement now.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Also also: Regardless of how dumb this show gets, "PS: new life comes with bears." has already made it worth it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

^^^ It's a good point. I'm so used to anime protags having bland lovely personalities, I didn't even think about it. It's nice to see a show call that out for what it is.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 30, 2016

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

I honestly don't know why everyone is leaping to MITSUMUNE IS A CREEP seems kinda aggressive

I usually think this about anime protags, this time everyone just agrees with me for some reason.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Twice a day actually.

Oh gently caress well there goes my second one.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Lion is constantly calling people out and expressing irritation at the others, which is appreciated.

Lion acts way to smug and superior for someone who wears a cat ear hoodie.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I don't think there's 'pulling off' a cat ear hoodie.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

where are the live posts

Don't tempt me I'll do them

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

You know, I don't think we're actually sure anyone's dead yet.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Million Ghosts posted:

i hope this show starts making even less sense

Well if there's one thing you can rely on anime for

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Like I said, :gooncamp: the anime.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I think the concept of guns is just a very american thing in the in the japanese psyche. Its like having japanese on a sushi bar sign over here, even if it's all california rolls and poo poo.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Kind of hope they don't do extended flashback for everyone, they're kind of hit or miss. Sometimes a subtle approach is more effective. Like when executioner chick first started hallucinating, we got that really cool rapid flashback with the creeping chanting. Just that was enough to tell you she was abused and religion was involved somehow. The longer flashback didn't really add to that. Suspense is usually better when you're left partially in the dark you know?

Gun chick's worked pretty well though, cus it's not often you see it get explored how people who feel powerless cling to guns.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I like how not-a-ghost kept trying to spill the beans to everyone but they just kept shouting "shut up we're trying to interrogate you!" They really went for the stab first ask questions later approach.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Or just color blind?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Are you telling me you spent time googling 'japanese incest' and haven't come back with a better story than that?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Davincie posted:

this all seems a bit silly to me

Modern psychology isn't quite mainstream in japan yet.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Also:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

The bus got skills too. It manages to thread the needle between people wrestling with each other without hitting anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

My favorite part of this show was that the "different colored shoes" theory was probably just an animation error.

• Locked thread