Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Greetings Gamers!

I've tallied the tags and counted the votes, and here I finally have the winners of the all new Games Thread taglist! Out of the 61 finalists I've collated the top 16 tags. Some people have won more than once and if they wish to pick any other users to accept a prize alongside them then they can! Without further ado here are your winners:

BARON'S CYBER SKULL
(292 votes)
(344 votes)
(417 votes)

The Kins
(500 votes)

Megane
(258 votes)

Limacat
(257 votes)

abagofcheetos
(271 votes)

Fishbus
(397 votes)

machai
(307 votes)

wu-tang secret
(393 votes)

lurdiak
(391 votes)

neddy seagoon
(394 votes)

scoss
(295 votes)
(266 votes)
(450 votes)

light gun man
(275 votes)

Congratulations to you all and thank you so much to everyone who submitted and voted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
These are all really, really good (literally all of them, and BARON'S CYBER SKULL made like a million great ones that weren't included in the poll but a lot of them were injokes) but I'm a little sad we didn't get that 16 bit RPG tag or the Aeris spoilers tag.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
definitely misread The Kins as The King

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Can my prize be a larger-than-normal filesize avatar, please and thank you. Everything else can go to charity.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Can I be an admin now?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Can I be called "cool"? Like just someone says "hey joe you're cool" and that's my prize.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

hey joe you're cool

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Can my prize be a larger-than-normal filesize avatar, please and thank you. Everything else can go to charity.
I would like this as well, except I have nothing to give to charity, because no one could appreciate the deeply-layered irony of my tag.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlujizeNNQM

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
There were also other awesome tags among the nominations, will we still see them?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

No Such Thing posted:

hey joe you're cool

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
:woop:

Thanks to 500 of you for your quality taste in animated gifs of computer games!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

The Kins posted:

:woop:

Thanks to 500 of you for your quality taste in animated gifs of computer games!

I friggin love Doom how could I not vote for it

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

I'm glad sim city could do it. gg everyone (good gifs)

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird
drat I thought I had an ok shot.

Still some good tags in this thread. The winners should be pretty proud of their cool tags.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Yes hello I'm here to collect my novelty key-chain and coupon for a free appetizer at the Olive Garden.

Thanks to anyone who voted, I had very few expectations when I decided to make a few gifs for fun, much less to get 3 of them implemented. Special thanks to BARONS CYBER SKULL for a bunch of amazing tags in the original thread getting me excited to try making some, and also Konami for inspiring me to make not one but two tags based on defunct franchises. Also congrats to doomguy.gif maker The Kins.

As for winning more than once, what even are the prizes here? I assume there's two extra Avatar changes which I probably don't need, I would pass those along to the next highest voted tag creators who didn't get in the top 16. Any other prizes I will graciously accept.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Ah, looks like all my bribes and murders paid off in the end.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like the new tags are active in Imp Zone, but not in Games proper.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Kins posted:

Looks like the new tags are active in Imp Zone, but not in Games proper.
IZ added a handful of them before the contest was over. We're just waiting on admins to add them to Games, as far as I know.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is Let's Play getting any of the tags?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is Let's Play getting any of the tags?
That's up to the LP mods.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe my tag won, I sort of made it just to rip on the mods :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

i always believed in kirby

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Still no fighting game tags. :\

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Brosnan posted:

Heihachi threw them all into a volcano. The end.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
All tags should now be useable! I will start sorting out the prizes for those winners! If you wish for an avatar let me know and I will get the game keys together and randomly distribute. I have no idea what they are!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I actually, ah, don't remember what the prizes were. :blush: Does anyone have a link to the old thread?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I imagine you'll shortly be informed anyway but
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769233

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Thanks!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Brosnan posted:

I have an idea for Beat 'Em Up but life prevented me from putting it together. Congrats to the winners!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The Kins posted:

I actually, ah, don't remember what the prizes were. :blush: Does anyone have a link to the old thread?

the prize was inside you all along

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I gather the size limit is 150x150?

Scoss fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 20, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

I have an idea for Beat 'Em Up but life prevented me from putting it together. Congrats to the winners!

Something like this?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I messaged videogames-San and hope he notices me~

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird
New thread tags are lookin good. Grats everyone who got one in.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Lurdiak posted:

Something like this?

Kinda, it was River City Ransom dudes getting beat up by a stylized Beat Em' Up over and over again. (Left jab Beat, Right jab Em', Uppercut into the sky Up, pause on the text, zoom to next dude.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

Kinda, it was River City Ransom dudes getting beat up by a stylized Beat Em' Up over and over again. (Left jab Beat, Right jab Em', Uppercut into the sky Up, pause on the text, zoom to next dude.)

That woulda been cool.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

Greetings Gamers!

I've tallied the tags and counted the votes, and here I finally have the winners of the all new Games Thread taglist! Out of the 61 finalists I've collated the top 16 tags. Some people have won more than once and if they wish to pick any other users to accept a prize alongside them then they can! Without further ado here are your winners:

Neddy Seagoon
(394 votes)

Holy crap! :peanut:

Is it only a regulation-sized avatar we can have as a prize, or can we have one a little larger than normal to lord over everyone else with in eternal triumph?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Holy crap! :peanut:

Is it only a regulation-sized avatar we can have as a prize, or can we have one a little larger than normal to lord over everyone else with in eternal triumph?

WE MIGHTY TITANS, FELLOW WINNER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Oh man gonna get that big av. People be like "His av so big when he post."

• Locked thread