Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Just release it now gently caress why bother waiting 10 more hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

TheMopeSquad posted:

Just checked my funstock account page and the key was up :woop:

Off to go pick up my copy now. :smug:

Guessing the servers won't be up so I'll probably see you all again in a bit complaining about that. :v:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Go outside and get the last sun you'll probably have for the next week

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4e6ewa/matchmaking_data_thoroughly_tested/

For those interested in matchmaking

It seems that

+/- 10 soul level (later levels appears to increase the gap)

+/- 2 weapon enchantment (twinkling weapons counts for +2 for each upgrade)

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.
I get off work at 6. Game unlocks at 6. I'm taking the rest of the week off.

I AM READY TO DIE.

:getin:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I think I'm going to go a quality / int build. And end up using the mlgs or whatever scaling int gear

For some reason I want to do an int build where I'm mostly up close and personal with an infused weapon rather than staying far away and shooting soul spears. Is this possible??

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Timewarp! :science:

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I drank a bunch of NyQuil see you fuckers at 6 EST

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

TheMopeSquad posted:

Either I'm looking at the wrong page or mine still isn't :( It should be on the Home » Account » Order History » Order Information page, right? Guess they're probably releasing in batches.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

TheMopeSquad posted:

Just checked mine and came to post the same. Even says "Dark Souls III - Pre-Purchase" which I guess means I get the soundtrack.

I wish they'd have commented about why 10 hours to the minute seems to be the window :tinfoil:

E:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Either I'm looking at the wrong page or mine still isn't :( It should be on the Home » Account » Order History » Order Information page, right? Guess they're probably releasing in batches.

It's on the same page, but there's a new table below the price details with my key.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It is said that if one sleeps they may wake up to the Dark Souls III launch
...Or perhaps it might just be lunchtime.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I was trying to pre-order this on Playstation last night but all the sudden my credit card does not work and sony will not help me so I think I'm going to break down and buy this one on Xbox One.

I just really hope within a few months that the Xbox One fan base is around for this game.

Fucking Moron fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 11, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does Pay Pal not work? For some reason cards will sometimes just stop working with PSN for no reason then start working again just as suddenly, happened to me once, it was weird.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CappyBottoms posted:

I was trying to pre-order this on Playstation last night but all the sudden my credit card does not work and sony will not help me so I think I'm going to break down and buy the sun Xbox One.

I just really hope within a few months that the Xbox One fan base is not around for this game.

can you try paypal for the playstation store?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

TheQat posted:

can you try paypal for the playstation store?

I guess I can I just never had a PayPal before!

I have a hour before heading out to a 14 hour work shift so I will try it real quick.

Can't wait to be a sun bro or a blue knight.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So glad I'm gonna be post call all day tomorrow.

Finally came slightly out of blackout to check the weapon upgrade setup, living that they took all the QoL changes from DS2 and made them even better. Now if only they don't make it so the mace is definitively the best one handed weapon in the game, and every loving boss is some variation of "dude in armor" that is weak to bludgeoning damage and using a sword is about as effective as punching them. :argh:

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
This is probably the longest day of work ever. I'm even considering actually working to make it move faster.

I actually got to play this for awhile over the weekend and it is good. It is so, so good.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
PS4 server is up. Pre-order comic is naff. Erection will not subside.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Andrigaar posted:

Just checked mine and came to post the same. Even says "Dark Souls III - Pre-Purchase" which I guess means I get the soundtrack.

I wish they'd have commented about why 10 hours to the minute seems to be the window :tinfoil:

E:

It's on the same page, but there's a new table below the price details with my key.

Nope :(

I'll give it a few hours I guess.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I live in California, maybe they're biased towards americans :smug:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I finally have some money. GamesPLanet is the cheapest way to get this on PC right. And itll get me a steam key to preload. Right/

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
definitely do not buy it via steam if you want to play it today for sure

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SoggyGravy posted:

Question: if I want to do some magic plus melee and am just casual enough of a player to not want to do more than one character what stats/build options could I focus on that will allow me to enjoy early and late game?

This is going to depend on what you want out of magic.

Dark Souls 3 kinda wants you to really commit to magic if you want to use offensive spells. Sorcery and miracles both soft-cap at 60, instead of 40 (which is where weapon scaling soft caps for all stats); pyromancy soft-caps whenever the sum of your Intelligence + Faith is 60 (so 30/30, 40/20, whatever). If you just want to use some buff spells and utility spells, you can pretty safely get maybe 15/15 to meet requirements and enjoy having a variety of useful spells, including the pretty good pyromancy weapon buff. If you want to do full-on offensive casting, though, that's pretty much what you're going to have to build around, and use infused weapons for melee.

I wouldn't try to split the difference, at least not the way it's balanced right now. You're kind of going to have to pick between "primarily a physical build with some utility/buff spells" or "full-on wizard."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

net cafe scandal posted:

I finally have some money. GamesPLanet is the cheapest way to get this on PC right. And itll get me a steam key to preload. Right/

it got me a preload key when i bought it through them on saturday

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Minrad posted:

definitely do not buy it via steam if you want to play it today for sure

:fuckoff: :die:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Why do I have to wait another 15 hours?! :argh:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Just a few hours to see if my 660 TI is up to the challenge. I don't need to have super fancy graphics to be happy. If I have to buckle and build a new comp or upgrade my GPU to play this and wait another week I will go hollow.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:negative:

Funstock are some sadistic bastards.

TheMopeSquad posted:

I live in California, maybe they're biased towards americans :smug:

So true :smugdog:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Reading that reddit link earlier, there's a password for doing co-op with a specific someone?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Wildtortilla posted:

Just a few hours to see if my 660 TI is up to the challenge. I don't need to have super fancy graphics to be happy. If I have to buckle and build a new comp or upgrade my GPU to play this and wait another week I will go hollow.

A 960 or even maybe a 950 wouldn't cost a whole lot and add a lot of "power" to your system.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wildtortilla posted:

It's what I have and it should be playable with bells and whistles turned off.

If it can run a busted, broken game like Planetside 2 at 60+ fps then it should be fine with DS3. The new cards can't come soon enough.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I think I'm going to go a quality / int build. And end up using the mlgs or whatever scaling int gear

For some reason I want to do an int build where I'm mostly up close and personal with an infused weapon rather than staying far away and shooting soul spears. Is this possible??

Yes, though unless you go significantly above 40 Int you're not going to have very strong Soul Spears to back up your infused melee.

My recommendations would be to either:
  • Get 30 Int, focus the rest on whatever mix of Dex/Str you want, soft-cap one of those (40 Dex or 40 Str). You'd be a buff build--the 30 Int is for Crystal Magic Weapon--with access to a great variety of utility spells. Your offensive magic, aside from weapon buffs, will be lovely, though.
  • Get 60 Int, just enough Dex/Str to wield whatever weapon you want to infuse. You'll be able to do solid damage with Crystal (magic, scales with Int) and Chaos (fire, scales B/B with Int/Faith) weapons and have enough Int to throw 1000+ damage Crystal Soul Spears if you want to.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
How early in the game do you get the white soapstone/ability to co-op? Vague answer preferred.

net cafe scandal posted:

I just bought it from Gamesplanet 30 minutes ago. Got my key instantly. It's a Steam key, yes.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Women get beards. GOTY

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Szcwczuk posted:

A 960 or even maybe a 950 wouldn't cost a whole lot and add a lot of "power" to your system.

Yea I'm waiting to see how this goes. I'm really reigning in my gaming spending (will be living on one income in the near future). DS3 is the only game i'm interested in this year so if the 660 works I'll hold out for new cards and see what the market looks like later.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Its so good. I finished it yesterday and started two new builds immediately. I havent felt this way since dark souls 1.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

ZZZorcerer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4e6ewa/matchmaking_data_thoroughly_tested/

For those interested in matchmaking

It seems that

+/- 10 soul level (later levels appears to increase the gap)

+/- 2 weapon enchantment (twinkling weapons counts for +2 for each upgrade)

Can someone help me parse this.

Is this where you can match with people +/- 10 soul levels, and weapon enhancement effectively adds to your soul level (bumping you up a bracket)
or
Is this where you can match with people +/- 10 soul levels, and are further filtered to only match with people who are +/- 2 levels on their weapon?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Yea I'm waiting to see how this goes. I'm really reigning in my gaming spending (will be living on one income in the near future). DS3 is the only game i'm interested in this year so if the 660 works I'll hold out for new cards and see what the market looks like later.

if you can live with this

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1460370757664.webm

(that's 30 fps vs 60 fps)

you'll be fine, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Schedule for today:

Put the kid to sleep, wait till girlfriend goes to sleep then Dark Souls all night long. I'm the worst :v: