Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wildtortilla posted:

Just a few hours to see if my 660 TI is up to the challenge. I don't need to have super fancy graphics to be happy. If I have to buckle and build a new comp or upgrade my GPU to play this and wait another week I will go hollow.

It's what I have and it should be playable with bells and whistles turned off.

If it can run a busted, broken game like Planetside 2 at 60+ fps then it should be fine with DS3. The new cards can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is the first real boss weak to fire? I made a fire battle ax and it's tearing through that guy. I sunbro'd a bunch last night to help people and it's hilarious. Surprisingly, only one guy bothered to use help to take down the red eye knight nearby.

Edit: also my gtx660ti is doing pretty decently, all on low at 60fps with 1080. I'm debating getting a 970 or waiting until the new ones come out since this is really the only game it struggles on.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 12, 2016

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

kanonvandekempen posted:

Argh, I spent so much time looking for a way out of that place, and this didn't occur to me.
Double Argh for having to wait for the full game to download to the ps4 to be able to do this :(

Read the hints on the floor, there's a developer message on the floor right next to the fire saying to teleport.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LibbyM posted:

How far in do you have to get or the sunlight warriors covenant in this game? (I don't think that's really a spoiler but erring on the side of caution for people.)

undead settlement, so the third zone you get a thing you wear to join

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

turtlecrunch posted:

In the house of the Undead Settlement where you meet that first red-eyed whirliweapon farmer, and two of those jingly elves, you should have noticed there is a door you cannot open. But you can get in above it, through a hole in the floor on the level where there's about 50 billion hanging bodies. Then you'll find the sunbro's insignia, right where sunbros belong. mmmmmm tasty

I saw a sign that said a direction and that that thing you mention and thought "gently caress it lets go exploring" and found it. Then immediately went back to the previous boss and sunbro'd for the rest of the night.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Harrow posted:

Where's a good place to put down a summon sign for the High Wall? I'd like to help some people with the boss.

Bottom of the stairs right before the entrance to that room.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Otakufag posted:

Guys, if you're hovering around 50-55fps you should turn off adaptive vsync since it screen tears your rear end in this game and install evga precision, and proceed to limit fps to 59. It will avoid dropping frames to a multiple like vsync always does and will prevent screen tearing making the game more playable.

Is this in the menus or do you have to gently caress with ini or cfg settings?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TheQat posted:

Lol I killed the guy with the stone on his back who you're supposed to get in firelink :downs:

I kind of hate the build i did so I might start over

I did that too because I took his dialogue literally. He says "Grant me death" so out came a claymore leap attack.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Otakufag posted:

Just make sure it's not forced on in the gpu control panel and limit fps to 59 with the aforementioned software.

Neato I'll look into this.

Here's a bookmarking gif so I can find this later
http://i.imgur.com/bS4dXAP.webm

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

axeil posted:

Okay so I'm going to ask a really dumb question.

How do you set up/use weapon arts? I've yet to figure out how to enable them and I've just run around doing the standard attack/strong attack but these weapon arts sound neato.

Two hand your weapon and press L2. If you have a shield with a little sword icon on it on the bottom left, then with sword and shield up you just press L2. Hold it to go into the stance.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CJ posted:

It's exactly as it sounds. I talked to one of those pilgrims that was in Firelink Shrine and he said he would bring out my full power and now i'm black.

He made you hollow, die more and it increases your hollowing, which boosts your luck and other poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

net cafe scandal posted:

If you guys haven't bought one, get a torch. Really useful for finding things you might have otherwise missed, plus the lighting system is really beautiful in this game and it adds to the Heros journey feels.

Does the torch have a timer?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Neat.

Also I made a raw claymore but the fire battle ax is more fun. Some enemies are really weak to fire, like the hollows that turn into dark beasts make a gloriously loud cacophony when hit with it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

man nurse posted:

Try realizing you consumed the item that it turns out lets you acquire the fucken Bloodborne get-your-health-back-with-attacks ring. I'm almost tempted to start over between that and accepting the free level up from the sorcerer guy.

If it makes you feel better, I killed that dude because I interpreted his dialogue literally when you meet him.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cultisto posted:

Did they really remove the ability to use multiple souls at once or am I just missing how to do it? I had been ignoring them until after about 3 hours of playing last night and had to go into my item menu about 17 times to use every little soul I had collected, it was a godsend in DS2.

"use selection" lets you use a bunch at once.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Steve2911 posted:

What's this poo poo I heard about the early game being really easy? The first post-tutorial area is at least as hard as all of the other starting areas. I'm getting my arse kicked.

Hug his butt and nail his taint.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Eonwe posted:

Game is beautiful on my 980ti

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Then why'd you tell the guy it was because of his expensive video card?

Also, for reference, my DS3 experience:

It's cinematic

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you get the to the bottom of the tower near where you find the Flynn's ring without dying when you jump down from the platform?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Genocyber posted:

Yrs, just need enough up and healing.

Is it like the other games where your equip weight increases fall damage?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Genocyber posted:

Your fault for trusting a guy with a suspicious voice offering to "draw out your true strength."

Should have done what I did and murder that guy instantly. Turns out lorewise that might have been a good idea since (speculating) those turtle club dudes seem to be worshipping the darkness (or dragons), and their shells are to prevent them from turning into trees like the guys in the first bit of the high wall and sometimes in the settlement I'm liking the lore this round.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is the frostbite status worth it on weapons? Or is it not noticeable?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Walrus posted:

I haven't met the guy who you turn subbro medals in to yet. I want to keep farming vordt souls before I outlevel the people summoning for him because it's crazy easy and takes about 30 seconds to beat. I don't need to know what the rewards actually are, but how many medals will I need? And are the rewards worth the effort?

10 for a +attack + def buff miracle, 30 for a lightning spear miracle. Not really worth it for those, more worth it in terms of having fun redoing boss fights. Gold summon signs seem to get picked more often, plus it looks cool.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you use embers as a source of healing like humanity in DS1? Or can you only just pop one per life as a heal?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

MrSmokes posted:

I like this game, but goddamn, how many times is From going to go back to the "big humanoid boss" well?

You got any better ideas? I thought Vordt was a funny play on that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RBA Starblade posted:

I mean the sword itself is fine just that little feature doesn't do much.

Also wow the claymore's way better 2 handed. Also neat succeeding as a purple pal re-embers you.

The real trick I've learned with the claymore is that it's R2 is pretty beefy and the jump attack rules.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm at the Undead Settlement do I have to fight that giant tree boss or is there a different place I can go to?

Fight the boss but the real way out is take the elevator down instead of up to the giant

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DeathSandwich posted:

If someone's being a dick and playing hide and seek for 30 minutes, I really would just quit out of the game and move on.

I would hide in a bush or soemthing and then just go do something else for a bit.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Where do you get a Seed of a Tree of Giants?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Giant Isopod posted:

Firelink, right as you leave the upper level of the gallery (not the way you came in) there should be a tree.

Hmm, it's not dropping.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Giant Isopod posted:

I think it only has a seed available after you've been invaded by a player? At least them's the rules for DS2 they may have changed it up

Aw gently caress, time to wait in the undead settlement in cinder form because I really want the solaire leggings to complete my sunbro setup.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ahahahaha right as I get up to get a drink steam goes down. That's kinda awesome.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Giant Isopod posted:

Make sure you have the dried fingers if that's your plan!

Oh! That's a good idea. I'm going to try that. I've been using the knight leggings in lieu.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Man, why is the frost sword so much better than the claymore?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Einwand posted:

It's basically the long sword but with twinkling titanite from what I can tell.

Pretty much, but it looks way cooler. A raw longsword is probably more damaging but fashion beats function.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Minrad posted:

I dunno about GS, but UGS feels just fine.

So far the claymore only hits slightly harder than a longsword, weighs more, and is way slower. It's kinda disheartening.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Speedball posted:

This goddamn tree is kicking my rear end. Why are you fireproof, you stupid tree?!

Light his nuts on fire.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The shrek crabs in the swamp are some of my favorite enemies in a souls game so far. They don't chase you on land so all they really want is for you to get out of their swamp.

Also the cathedral is pretty loving badass. For me at least, that graveyard with the puke zombies was one of the creepiest things in these games. I kept bleeding out and then when it wore off I remembered a little trick: turns out the maggot dudes infect you with maggots/leeches and you can take a torch out to remove them. Just another weirdly arcane mechanic that makes too much sense once you learn about it.

Also, are there any other areas that have white trees that are protected by the giant bro? Also what's the story behind them? Were those trees saints at some point that got turned into trees or does the giant just really like them?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dan Didio posted:

If you read the description of the branches that drop around them, there's three such trees and they're spawned from Dusk's old branch catalyst that you could get in Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss. They're a token of friendship to the giant.

Aw I thought so. It's cool he's protecting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anal Surgery posted:

I think you have to be invaded first

I baited an invasion, lost, and the tree didn't drop anything yet. Maybe I need to keep dying to invasions?