Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
19 hours to go. This is going to be a very slow day... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Why do I have to wait another 15 hours?! :argh:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BillmasterCozb posted:

The game is ready! What are you waiting for, From?!

They're waiting for Bamco to stop being incompetent shitlords.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Harrow posted:

Correct, armor upgrading is gone, which I'm very happy about.

Estus Flask is back, refills at bonfires, you chug it quick like in DS1.

So is it like Bloodborne where armors are more or less the same in terms of stats so there's no excuse for not being fashionable, or are there still significant defence tiers like the other games?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

poptart_fairy posted:

Classic claymore/shield approach is functional

That's what i'm aiming for, complimented with a pyro flame.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MelvinBison posted:

I don't know whether to build Strength or Dex first. Anyone know if the Zweihander plays more like DS1 or 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFGqstnqwzM

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MelvinBison posted:

:stare:
STR build it is then.

DrGreatJob posted:

Holy poo poo that looks satisfying

Agreed, but I think my first playthrough will still be the Claymore, if only because of its amazing battle arte: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBXHboymFsI

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I have another six hours of waiting. gently caress all of you PC players. :argh:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Looks like being a console gamer once again pays off. :)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
One minute to go! :)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Sleekly posted:

I just got the symbol of avarice from the very first mimic I found!

:swoon:

So did I. I've never gotten that lucky before.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I've lost my patience. Can someone in the range of level 41 and +4 weapons please be a summon for Farron Keep Perimeter? This area is a nightmare to go through, and the few times I get to the boss I don't have any flasks left.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

LibbyM posted:

I'm not going to be on to summon but a good tip if you can't find anyone to help: Let both Darkwraiths walk past your spawn without agroing them, they will start fighting all the other enemies. Pull one of the darkwraiths and fight it on its own while the other one kills every other enemy for you.

I'm trying to get to the sage.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Traxis posted:

From the Crucifixion Woods bonfire you can get to the boss only having to fight 2 enemies, and you can sprint past the rest. Jump in to the swamp to the left of the crab you can see from the bonfire. Sprint ahead and you'll see some stairs. Go up and enter the building and kill the enemy straight ahead of you. Go in the doorway he was in front of and follow the path to another enemy, kill him. Now turn right through the doorway and sprint through the room. The enemies will aggro and follow you but once you reach the fog door they can't follow you through.

In short, I missed a bonfire...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I find it really annoying that once again Blue Sentinels are completely worthless since almost nobody is ever going to stay in Way of Blue.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fat Samurai posted:

So, armour any good in the game? I'm struggling to keep below 70% with sword and board, and anything Great or Ultra pushes me way over the limit. I like the look of Lothrian Knight stuff, but gently caress raising my armor allowance if I'm not getting anything out of it. I'm sure I can play dressup pretty zombie princess with lighter armour.

You do get something out of it: the ability to wear way cooler armors. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GreatGreen posted:

So I have a question. Is it actually possible to beat the second phase of the Abyss Watchers fight?

Because I don't think it is. If so though, how the hell do you even start to fight a guy with a fire sword and apparently infinite stamina who literally does not stop attacking ever?

Engage in jolly cooperation, duh.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I feel lied to in regards to Yhorm...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wildtortilla posted:

My buddy is giving this a shot as his first real attempt at a Souls game. He's hung up on Vordt and getting frustrated. I'm starting into the third zone and between SL + weapon upgrades in out if summoning range for him. Is that what the password system is intended for? Is there a way for me to plunk down my sign and have him summon me into his game? I really want to help him get into the game before he gets frustrated and gives up.

Just tell him to summon randoms. There should be tons of summoning signs...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Man, this game is so much fun to co-op through. Even with two Sunbros, Lothric Castle was crazy.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
30.5 hours, and I have successfully linked the fire. What a great game, and a strong finish for the finale of the Dark Souls franchise. The last boss is crazy good, really evoking the feeling of being a representation of a player character from Souls games past.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Malek Deneith posted:

So, uh, does that recover once you kill them/get away from them, or does it stay this way until you rest at bonfire?

The bar recovers, but your health doesn't.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I do like exploring, I just kinda feel like I've run out of places to explore, you don't need to be an rear end about this.

He wasn't even talking to you...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Andrigaar posted:

Oh toxic, how I missed you so. A giant pool of it even? How nice of you.

At least it doesn't wipe out your health bar in 5 seconds like it did in DS1.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there anywhere I can go at level 94 where I'll be able to get summoned for blue sentinels/darkmoon stuff or would I have more luck in NG+? I need 30 of these dumb Concord Kept things

I'm convinced that Blue Sentinels is as useless as it was in DS2. I've tried multiple areas in multiple level ranges and couldn't get summoned once.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ughhh I just want to do Blue Sentinel stuff so I can get this miracle but I am having zero hits on my level 71 guy sitting around the latter half of the game. Tried it on my lower level guy (40 with a +4 weapon) since someone mentioned getting a lot of of invasions in the Cathedral that way, but nope. Not a single one, even with cross-region on.

Farming them really isn't feasible. With a rusted gold coin, gold serpent ring, and mimic hat, I killed about 30 silver knights and didn't see a single one drop. Why the gently caress would they make the drop rate *that* low? It basically sounds like at this point the only option is to hope they patch in a better PvP system (probably not), add an alternate way to get the miracle (maybe?), or increase the drop rate.

I love this game, and overall I think the covenant system is pretty good this time around, but the sheer number of items you need to unlock covenant stuff is ridiculous. Bloodborne's was perfect, you only needed like 5. I'm guessing they thought it would increase PvP longevity if more people were grinding out the covenants, but that doesn't really work when half of the covenants are flat-out broken. Even sitting around with a level 25 dude was getting me no hits with Sentinels.

Agreed. They need to get rid of the Way of Blue covenant, and let sentinels work like the Bellkeeper covenant in DS2.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 16, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

iGestalt posted:

I've had the BlueCop Cov equip'd since I got it - easily 40~ game hours ago. I've yet to have a single summon to defend anyone. Any idea what is doing this? Finished the game, but was slightly annoyed I never got to help anyone as a blue.

Invasions and Summons + Buddy Summons have worked flawlessly. I just don't seem to get auto-summoned.

Because the Blue Sentinels is useless. It requires people be in the Way of Blue covenant, which nobody ever stays in.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Shortest Path posted:

Bloodborne is not a great game because it costs about five times as much as all three of the others.

PS4 required ahead, therefore try better job.

BobTheJanitor posted:

:agreed:

The only thing worse than exclusives are the brainless fans that always jump out of the woodwork to defend them when you mention how lovely and anti-consumer exclusive titles are.

Yes, cause heaven forbid Sony or any other console company want to have enticing reasons to buy their hardware. Do you also poo poo on Nintendo because you can't buy Zelda on the XBox?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

voltcatfish posted:

Bloodborne sounds cool, but then some guy told me you have to farm your healing which sounds distinctly uncool

You only have to farm blood vials if you suck at the game super hard.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Lord of Hats posted:

Where's a good guide to the DS1 and DS2 plots?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGS3O27XYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qopqgAtk0Q4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNo9Ow6XG10

The answer is always VaatiVidya

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mazerunner posted:

Grab a buckler and learn to parry. It's an incredibly useful skill, especially in the next section as well.

I can't parry to save my life in this game. In DS1 and Bloodborne i'm great at it, but the other three games it's not even worth my time to try.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
For gently caress's sake, how is that Aldrich Faithful covenant is non-stop action, and yet both Blue Sentinels and Blades of the Darkmoon are ghost towns? It irritates me that Fromsoft STILL sucks at covenants this badly.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I just lost 350,000 souls to stupidity fighting the silver knights...I hate this game right now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Scags posted:

Has anyone had success in pvp as a caster? I've tried sorcery and pyromancy, and can't make either work, aside from landing one in ten chaos fire orbs.

No personal experience with it, but a while back I did get summoned as part of a gank squad and the host obliterated invaders with sorcery. I think the key is you need a summon to play distraction.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Harrow posted:

I see OnlyAfro is revisiting an old classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwV7CAdjY74 (Big post-Irithyll location spoilers.)

Glad to see people are embracing the opportunity to do this kind of invasion again.

DarkSydePhil will forever be a great source of audio clips for Souls montages.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
At least Wolnir is one of the better gimmick bosses in Souls games.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Jesus, being an invader with a +10 Refined Dark Sword with 35/35 feels like cheating.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Of course, as soon as I start bragging about the Dark Sword the Estoc users wreck my poo poo. How the hell do you fight these fuckers?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Just finished my second playthrough and got "The End of Fire" ending. :)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I don't suppose anyone has a spare set of undead legion armor and/or greatsword they would be willing to part with would they? I want to start a Guts build and would like to look the part ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jastiger posted:

Yeah but how many times have you hit a red sign to find out Darth Vader is coming through when you're still Episode 3 Luke. Draaaaank.

Then git gud. Until then, stop summoning dark spirits, because all you're doing is annoying yourself and the person you invited into your house for an honourable duel.