Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh you are just going to adore fighting the giant king

Picked up Smough's hammer and armor set. I don't even know what SL I'd have to be at the manage rolling or running since the equip load requirement is monstrous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I've only beaten 3 bosses (must explore and play jolly cooperation!) so I think I'm going to re-roll my character tonight. I don't like the way he looks so fashion souls is a disaster and I'd like to re-start as knight so I can get that longsword.

uh, you can change your appearance ingame, and the longsword is a potential drop off of sword and shield enemies in lothric. theres also a merchant you can find that sells it

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uh, you can change your appearance ingame, and the longsword is a potential drop off of sword and shield enemies in lothric. theres also a merchant you can find that sells it

BUT I WANT TO DO IT NOW AND NOT HAVE TO WORK FOR IT

edit: how do I change appearance, can I become a sexy lady, and how far in game do I have to be?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

BUT I WANT TO DO IT NOW AND NOT HAVE TO WORK FOR IT

edit: how do I change appearance, can I become a sexy lady, and how far in game do I have to be?

what was the last boss you beat?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

what was the last boss you beat?

Tree man

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

go the other way from his area to the road of sacrifices, then fight the boss thats in the castle ruins there. after that you can get to the cathedral of the deep and thats where you can change your stuff

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

go the other way from his area to the road of sacrifices, then fight the boss thats in the castle ruins there. after that you can get to the cathedral of the deep and thats where you can change your stuff

Cool thanks!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

WHAAAAAAAAT

Where in the cathedral of the deep? My green monster with pigtails is getting boring.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is there a shortcut that unlocks to access whatever boss is in Lothric? Making that run from the second bonfire would be asssssssss

Also is there any cool long range melee weapons in the area you've guys have seen?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Is there a shortcut that unlocks to access whatever boss is in Lothric? Making that run from the second bonfire would be asssssssss

Also is there any cool long range melee weapons in the area you've guys have seen?

Yeah, there's one that connects to the first bonfire.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

WHAAAAAAAAT

Where in the cathedral of the deep? My green monster with pigtails is getting boring.

have you gotten onto the roof of the cathedral yet?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

have you gotten onto the roof of the cathedral yet?

ugh now i have to go back and explore more

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ugh now i have to go back and explore more

once youve found rosarias bedchamber then youre in the right spot

heres a hint: when you ride the lift up from the 2nd shortcut door from the cleansing chapel, kill the crossbow dude then hang a left out on the windowsill

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cathedral of the Deep is such a well designed level. There must be like 5 different shortcuts that all loop back to a single bonfire.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Man I really wanna leave work to play dark souls.

It's a serious testament to From that they can design a game that is a constant ball kicker but make it fun despite the brutality.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Monday: well the tutorial wasn't so bad OH HOLY gently caress

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Is anyone else having trouble with multiplayer play? I had no problems in DS1 or DS2, but here I can barely summon anyone or get summoned. Almost every time I try I get some message about summoning timing out or being unable to summon. It is something like 80-90% chance to fail so far. Also I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I managed to summon a person for a boss fight twice and both times they seemed to be stuck outside the boss fog gate. I don't know if they were being dicks or if there was some bug preventing them from entering. One guy seemed like he was really trying, other guy I had no idea about. Ended up beating the bosses solo even with their bonus stats from coop fortunately.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
turns out the lighting setting resets everytime i relaunch the game so thats why ive been crashing

fuckin from

kindled myself before the 2nd boss and a billion summon signs showed up hahahaha

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Delizin posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with multiplayer play? I had no problems in DS1 or DS2, but here I can barely summon anyone or get summoned. Almost every time I try I get some message about summoning timing out or being unable to summon. It is something like 80-90% chance to fail so far. Also I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I managed to summon a person for a boss fight twice and both times they seemed to be stuck outside the boss fog gate. I don't know if they were being dicks or if there was some bug preventing them from entering. One guy seemed like he was really trying, other guy I had no idea about. Ended up beating the bosses solo even with their bonus stats from coop fortunately.

ive had plenty of failed to summon notices. theres a ton of people playing since its release week, so odds are they got summoned by someone else before you and the game was slow on the uptake. i also got bugged out of the fog gate when someone summoned me to help fight against the treeman

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Delizin posted:

It's working fine for me, on both sides of the summoning; you're probably just getting beat to summoning dudes, as the ground effect tends to hang around past when they've been called upon by another player.

Are any of you guys playing with a balls to the wall str build, if so, what weapon are you using? I've seen butcher's blade and yhorm's machete, but I was wondering if there's anything better for scaling out there?

Also, does anyone have a list of npc locations for secret summoning?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've gotten invasions failing to load as well. Bonfires become unusable and I'm locked in the area, but no invasion notification and no phantom appears. I have to alt-f4 and restart or I'm stuck in invaded mode.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

I've gotten invasions failing to load as well. Bonfires become unusable and I'm locked in the area, but no invasion notification and no phantom appears. I have to alt-f4 and restart or I'm stuck in invaded mode.

yea i tried summoning in some red spirits and would get the failed to summon message but was unable to use the bonfire

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I killed the 2nd boss and went to get a banner and accidentally lit the Cathedral on fire, but nothing happened. I'm really loving confused

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
You can set the cathedral on fire? There should be a cutscene and a transition to your next zone right after the boss' bonfire.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cleared out a lot of High Wall tonight. I unlocked the short cut to the boss, so that'll be tomorrow night's task.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think I'm getting close to the endgame now. This game is really long.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I think I'm getting close to the endgame now. This game is really long.

Did you fight Artorias on Lothric Bridge yet?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The only boss I've fought in the castle is the Dragonslayer Armor. That was a hell of a fight.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
man the dungeon is full of troll poo poo

also the pvp is loving poo poo in this game. 9 out of 10 times when i invaded i had to fight the host and anywhere from 1-3 phantoms. needless to say i lost most of em. netcode also seems to be worse than in 2. theres lots of warping and hitboxes being way off a lot of the time. i even encountered a couple dudes that just slid along the ground not animating at all. its really loving hard to fight someone when you cant ever see what theyre doing

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I re rolled my character anyway and thanks to map knowledge / better use of levels / better equipment I blazed through to tree nuts in an hour. I also seemed to be getting more drops than my last guy. I didn't check my luck stat but that has to be it.

Also didn't realize there was way more to the zone so now I'm exploring the settlement some more because exploration is fun.

Edit: I also like how if a phantom kills a lizard it just puts the item into your inventory.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

man the dungeon is full of troll poo poo

The jailers are complete bullshit. Is there any way to avoid the max HP reduction they cause? Because it's basically unavoidable damage. I thought it was caused by the cloud they breathe out, but I guess it's just caused by being anywhere near them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Lol what

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

The jailers are complete bullshit. Is there any way to avoid the max HP reduction they cause? Because it's basically unavoidable damage. I thought it was caused by the cloud they breathe out, but I guess it's just caused by being anywhere near them.

i think if youre in line of sight it affects you

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAZGMxCfak4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh my god

it's perfect

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just beat the game. I definitely missed a few things on the way. I think overall it was a good game, but I think it relied too much on DS1 stuff.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
thanking mr skeltal in the catacombs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Killed Vordt of the Boreal in one shot. That feels good.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pvp continues to be poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The huge parasite things hit so loving hard :negative:

• Locked thread