Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of bummed that our two choices are either 'no diplomacy probably' or 'easy mode'. Even worse is that I actually love both these races when you ignore their abilities, making the choice ever harder!

But I say it's time we take a stand for Mineral Rights! Silicoids please! Hopefully by glowing pretty colors we can convince other races to engage in some minor trade or something at least.

e: I'd like to see the Nommo, too bad we're likely to be blowing them up

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AJ_Impy posted:

Skynet vs Squids

What you gonna do about it, robot? Short circuit?

Everybody knows underwater is just like low gravity for robots. :megaman:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, everyone knows the only thing more dangerous than a rock is a rock... with a gun!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
drat, character creation is way complicated... I remember in MoOII I'd always make a Meklar with some Psilon added in for the technology advantages. I don't know if it was an actually good race because I'd only play on the easiest setting (I just wanted a giant space empire with my very own death stars, not a challenge).

Seeing the customization here, I wish someone was crazy enough to make a joke bonus LP of the most laissez faire libertarian society possible and see how quickly they collapse.

And how are those Ithkul good spies? The intro clearly shows that it's practically impossible to miss someone who's been brained by them.

"Oh hey Bob, it seems you have some sort of Ithkul-shaped mass under your suit."

"Thank You For The Concern, Dave, But It Is Just My Cosplay For IthkulCon. It Is Going To Be Great And It Goes On Every Day. Do You Wish To Join Me? It Will Be Fun."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Silicoid spies would actually be great if 1. they were willing to be nudists, 2. the MoO universe worked by cartoon standards

e: actually, aren't they already 1.? haven't seen one in a suit yet...

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think Silicoids should be loved by any race interested in new age medicine and chakras and positive auras and all that jargon. So at least the Evon?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Never discuss classified information near a zen garden. :ninja:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SIGSEGV posted:

The SOTS 2 patch notes were High Art though.

[lots of bugs]
- Fixed bug that allowed meteors to capture admirals.
[more bugs]

The long archived games thread about it is here and contains many, many more gems.

That wasn't a bug, those were Silicoids.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Can't be true, if they were Silicoids they would have missed those admirals by a mile

It only said they were allowed to capture admirals, not that they were successful.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

King Doom posted:

If I remember right, the meteors would just zip about in space like meteors should, until they captured an admiral whereupon they would become remorseless pirate deathmachines.

Sounds awesome, and they should have found a way to explain it lore-wise and turn it into a cool feature.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rappaport posted:

:neckbeard:

Can't wait to see some dino-murder. Which is preferable, destroying their population somehow or conquering them? They wouldn't want to migrate to Venus worlds much, I assume?

That reminds me, I can't wait to see this game's planet destruction cutscene (this better exist). When kid me saw it the first time in MoO2 I was super-wowed.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Veloxyll posted:

Also for our libertarian utopia:
Humans or Blue Spacehumans(Evon)
Since basically no-one else can go for Anarchy + The Cult of Weed
Monotheism (Worshiping the great Ayn Rand) or Atheism (there is no god, only money)

Evons because libertarians agree that modern medicine is a scam and so make sure to always keep a healthy supply of Colloidal Silver nearby.

Atheism because as all True Economists know, the Invisible Hand of the Free Market is a force of nature, rather than a supernatural deity.

And thanks for doing this, I look forward to seeing the Space Libertarians in action! If you ever manage to produce some kind of big flagship-type vessel please call it the Sword of Truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Your market must not have been free enough. Maybe those government DEAs screwed things up.