Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Run.
This poll is closed.
:what: 10 5.78%
Blue M&Ms 35 20.23%
IT'S DOMESTIC! 70 40.46%
DEH- 58 33.53%
Total: 173 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

MacDougall posted:

Apollo Crews isn't going to get the crowd on side with what he's doing I don't think. I am fairly worried that he's going to be lost in the shuffle... Can he talk?

Not really.

He would get over if they booked him in real squash matches and let him bust out some of the stuff he did in Dragon Gate. As it is now, a guy who can do a standing shooting star press is struggling to put away a member of the job squad with a not very good spin out power bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
does anyone have an update on kalisto

also I guess there was a Dark Match on Raw

quote:

Was there also, the Wyatts turned back around to corner Roman then AJ and Dean came out to save em. Turned into a dark match with the faces going over. Dean and AJ stuck around to chill with the crowd but Roman slunk off after just CONSTANT boos.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sanguinia posted:

Maybe Gallows and Anderson will help AJ win the title from Roman to turn him heel. I mean, they'll obviously get huge cheers for doing it, but at least it would make sense. It would even make AJ losing at Mania make sense retroactively if he needed help to win the belt.
People still think they are going to come in and do something other than feud with the Usos?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't believe it, but the WWE has buried the Bullet Club already.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Lmao the shade is real

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Anyone got a GIF of Cesaro's Bond entrance??

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Astro7x posted:

People still think they are going to come in and do something other than feud with the Usos?

me

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

holy poo poo

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

The Edge&Christian Show is well worth watching. Aside from the Bayley stuff, you get references to December2Dismember, Mass Transit, Cesaro having the rug pulled from under him, AJ Styles being sent to a lonely cabin with 2 guys, and a lenghty segment with Ed Leslie.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kaveman posted:

Anyone got a GIF of Cesaro's Bond entrance??

http://gfycat.com/RawUnconsciousArmyant

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Germansimp posted:

AJ Styles being sent to a lonely cabin with 2 guys

:frogon:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We know the Bullet Club is already buried, think we can make it to Smackdown before somebody remembers they, like everyone else, were Always Bad?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The Bullet Club will soon be passing bad checks and living in a derelict warehouse full of merchandise that they can't sell

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Germansimp posted:

The Edge&Christian Show is well worth watching. Aside from the Bayley stuff, you get references to December2Dismember, Mass Transit, Cesaro having the rug pulled from under him, AJ Styles being sent to a lonely cabin with 2 guys, and a lenghty segment with Ed Leslie.

That fan thing with AJ was so frightening and hilarious. Haters hate, I love the E&C Show.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Germansimp posted:

The Mystery of Paul Heyman's Ponytail may be the best thing in the history of wrestling, full stop.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Anyone else notice how the Bullet Club only attacked the Usos but left noted greatest stable of all time The Social Outcasts alone? Very telling.

Bullet Club fears the Social Outcasts!

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Luke Gallows knows what it's like to have an unfortunate gimmick.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Is this leading to heel Bullet Club vs face Shield? Could Dean and Seth even get over with Tainted Roman on their team?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Gearhead posted:

Luke Gallows knows what it's like to have an unfortunate gimmick.

Festus was pure gold

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tomahawk posted:

Is this leading to heel Bullet Club vs face Shield? Could Dean and Seth even get over with Tainted Roman on their team?

There's no way Shield doesn't get a massive pop no matter how toxic Roman gets

Retaining it on the other hand...

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I greatly enjoyed that RAW and almost everything on it, even The Miz's new gimmick of doing new "takes" of his promos.

The only thing I really didn't enjoy was Dean Ambrose everything. At this point, if I see Dean walk down the ramp with any sort of prop, I'm fast forwarding through that segment. Give it a rest Gallagher.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

MacDougall posted:

It has the potential to get Bray over massively haha. Using Bray as the face foil while Roman devolves into an out and out heel under crowd pressure, if that is what they are doing, is one of the smartest things WWE have ever done.

"I told you, Roman. Anyone but you."

:allears:

It's too good to ever be used.

E:

Tato posted:

I greatly enjoyed that RAW and almost everything on it, even The Miz's new gimmick of doing new "takes" of his promos.

The only thing I really didn't enjoy was Dean Ambrose everything. At this point, if I see Dean walk down the ramp with any sort of prop, I'm fast forwarding through that segment. Give it a rest Gallagher.

Dean's segment was really good and funny though?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Go RV! posted:

"I told you, Roman. Anyone but you."

turns out Bray's face turn was actually six months ago and nobody realized it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Becky owns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

sami is the babyface that always claws his way up the ladder, puts on a great match full of heart, but cant seal the deal

youre reading way too much into it

What about Dean?

We can't have 2 Eternal Losers on the main roster simultaneously. Bryan's body sacrificed itself to prove that

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The amount of official WWE accounts that tweeted out the #BulletClub tag attached to the clip of Anderson and Gallows tearing it up is really making me wonder if they got the Bullet Club trademark at some point. New Japan has pretty much phased it out now so it's possible.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Ostentatious posted:

i like face bray wyatt

there i said it

Too bad you like something different than the way I like it, the thing is bad that way and you are also wrong and bad.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Cage Kicker posted:

Too bad you like something different than the way I like it, the thing is bad that way and you are also wrong and bad.

you son of a bitch

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Cage Kicker posted:

Huh, I had no idea Vince McMahon posted here.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

schweens posted:

Festus was pure gold

The reveal that he was on drugs the whole time had some hilarious implications, such as that WWE's screening methods are completely inept and that Jesse was a horrible person for enabling him for so long.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Has anyone since the 1990s escaped a more dead end (though admittedly fun!) gimmick than Festus/Doc Gallows? When was Dr. Isaac Yankem??

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anal Surgery posted:

Has anyone since the 1990s escaped a more dead end (though admittedly fun!) gimmick than Festus/Doc Gallows? When was Dr. Isaac Yankem??

What do you mean by escaped? Left the company to be successful? Got a new gimmick and got over? Got the terrible gimmick over? Something else?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

IcePhoenix posted:

What do you mean by escaped? Left the company to be successful? Got a new gimmick and got over? Got the terrible gimmick over? Something else?

Like, I guess had their character evolve from a dead end silly gimmick into something really good. Technically, Luke Gallows and Festus are the same character, one is just the sober version. I'm wondering if anyone else has successfully evolved a joke character into something worthwhile.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Anal Surgery posted:

Deacon Batista. Went from Devon's buddy to eventually being Cena's equal

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anal Surgery posted:

Like, I guess had their character evolve from a dead end silly gimmick into something really good. Technically, Luke Gallows and Festus are the same character, one is just the sober version. I'm wondering if anyone else has successfully evolved a joke character into something worthwhile.

WCW Chris Jericho ---> WWF Chris Jericho

I guess depending on your definition of worthwhile you could put 3MB in there for Slater (and Galloway if you want to count what he's done outside the company)

You could argue that Ryder took a terrible gimmick and made something of it as well.

Even though he had already had a WHC run, Daniel Bryan in Team Hell No is a pretty good example of taking a joke gimmick meant to go nowhere and turning into a monster (a monster, he turned into a monster)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
hoo boy I am not looking forward to seeing more Doc Gallows matches

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this Raw owned and never imagined that a roman/bray strange bedfellows match would own so hard. somehow payback might be better than WM how is that possible

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bard Maddox posted:

hoo boy I am not looking forward to seeing more Doc Gallows matches

Remember when he fought Undertaker as Festus that was cool. Bring back Jesse and Festus.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Anal Surgery posted:

Yankem was early 96ish and Fake Diesel was later 96ish, but Kane was a repackage and they basically ignore anything that his previous gimmicks did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If they wanted to gently caress up Gallows' career really badly, they could have booked him as Fake Isaac Yankem rather than Fake Kane.

• Locked thread