Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Run.
This poll is closed.
:what: 10 5.78%
Blue M&Ms 35 20.23%
IT'S DOMESTIC! 70 40.46%
DEH- 58 33.53%
Total: 173 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ayn rand hand job posted:

Yankem was early 96ish and Fake Diesel was later 96ish, but Kane was a repackage and they basically ignore anything that his previous gimmicks did.

Officially yes, but that doesn't stop Lawler from every once in a while saying stuff like Kane reminding him of an angry Christmas Creature or not trusting him to fix his teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

anakha posted:

Bray summoning Roman to spear his enemies is something I can get behind.

Bray with a competent henchman is something I'm not used to seeing. Hopefully this one's leg doesn't magically bend backwards.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

anakha posted:

if he'd hammer down'd his thumb as the spear hit I think I would have popped out of my skin

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

anakha posted:

that's a great loving spot holy poo poo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

8p: 3.474 Million
9p: 3.687 Million
10p: 3.427 Million

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Anal Surgery posted:

Has anyone since the 1990s escaped a more dead end (though admittedly fun!) gimmick than Festus/Doc Gallows? When was Dr. Isaac Yankem??

New Day

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vertical Lime posted:

lol jesus

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Social Outcasts and the women are draws, brother

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

Right now the audience is the one saying "Anyone but you, Roman."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

The audience finally giving up and bailing completely right after Mania, right before poo poo starts actually getting consistently good for once, would be the most WWE thing I've seen in years

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Is it bad that I'm actually starting to enjoy the Miz again? His promos with AJ were great and this promo with Maryse was great.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Miz is Awesome. I have been on this train since he turned heel again.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

The audience finally giving up and bailing completely right after Mania, right before poo poo starts actually getting consistently good for once, would be the most WWE thing I've seen in years

Based on past years' booking in the aftermath of Wrestlemania (remember Daniel Bryan versus Kane?), and adding in Roman Reigns as the champion, I don't blame anyone for bailing.

WWE has conditioned people to give up until Money in the Bank rolls around, because at least then you find out who has favor within the company b

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fenrir posted:

Is it bad that I'm actually starting to enjoy the Miz again?

Yes because you should have been enjoying him for like the last year and a half

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
I like Miz the character but not Miz the wrestler. Hope I am on the right side of history here.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

IcePhoenix posted:

Yes because you should have been enjoying him for like the last year and a half

Well to be fair for half of that it was only MizTV segments and they were hit or miss (mostly depending on who he had with him), and he was booked horribly. This year they've done a better job and it shows.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fenrir posted:

Is it bad that I'm actually starting to enjoy the Miz again? His promos with AJ were great and this promo with Maryse was great.

The Miz has been nothing but straight fire as midcard final boss heel at the very least since returning from that dumb movie years ago.

Mizdow owned, When Miz was carrying both the Tag Titles?

There was a stretch there where Miz was the best thing WWE had going.

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

I like Miz the character but not Miz the wrestler. Hope I am on the right side of history here.

Miz the wrestler is actually better than most of the roster at actually selling and playing out his character in the ring. Just don't do any dive at him out of the ring spots...

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 12, 2016

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

Miz being a remarkably average low-flash wrestler is actually just about the perfect style for his character, it rules even if the matches don't necessarily

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dexo posted:

Mizdow owned, When Miz was carrying both the Tag Titles?

And Mizdow had the little replica titles, don't forget that

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

That DICK! posted:

Miz being a remarkably average low-flash wrestler is actually just about the perfect style for his character, it rules even if the matches don't necessarily

I agree it works for his character, I've just never heard myself say "Oh boy, a Miz match!"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Miz and Mizdow was great, because Miz was literally carrying that tag team because the fans wanted Mizdow and Miz did not want to give them Mizdow, he wanted to give them Miz, now!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

True enough, and as good as he is on the mic I'm fine with him being *average* in the ring. Kind of the opposite of Styles, who is awesome in the ring and mediocre (at best) on the mic.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
How did Raw do this time last year, out of curiosity

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Senerio posted:

Miz and Mizdow was great, because Miz was literally carrying that tag team because the fans wanted Mizdow and Miz did not want to give them Mizdow, he wanted to give them Miz, now!

Actually the fans didn't want Mizdow or Miz now, they wanted STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHDUSSSSSSST

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Even though he had already had a WHC run, Daniel Bryan in Team Hell No is a pretty good example of taking a joke gimmick meant to go nowhere and turning into a monster (a monster, he turned into a monster)

Bryan's original gimmick was that he was likeable but literally couldn't win a match in NXT Season 1.

Miz got his start hosting the diva search.

And these hark back to the cartoon era, but Undertaker is a zombie mortician and HHH is the evolution of a character who debuted with promos about proper cologne usage, polo, and fox hunting.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Hey does anyone have a good idea for a sign for Smackdown tonight? I wanted to do one sign that says "I Eat Booty" and another sign that says "O's" but the New Day aren't going to be there. :smith:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Can't go wrong with SAWFT.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
have a picture of the Usos collapsing with FINN BALOR DID 4/11 written on it

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

OatmealRaisin posted:

How did Raw do this time last year, out of curiosity

According to the Observer:

8p: 4.30 Million
9p: 4.04 Million
10p: 3.55 Million

It was also going up against the NCAA finals that night.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

keevo posted:

Hey does anyone have a good idea for a sign for Smackdown tonight? I wanted to do one sign that says "I Eat Booty" and another sign that says "O's" but the New Day aren't going to be there. :smith:

just do what i do and make signs for fake tabletop wrestlers :v:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

MotU posted:

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

MotU posted:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

MotU posted:

Oh my god I need a big printer now.

It's a shame I can't do "Face gently caress Me Finn"

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

:drat:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Chris James 2 posted:

to be fair, wrestlemania was the biggest show of the year and meant absolutely nothing to the company and raw going forward so yeah

outside of the millions of dollars they made off it but still

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 12, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Chris James 2 posted:

Yea I was almost on this boat. I taped last Raw thinking 'I'm positive it's gonna start sucking again' but woops turns out it's good despite really having no reason to be after that wet fart of a WM.

Also

MotU posted:

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

I'm going to assume these are bad numbers, but I bet they are making more money now than a year ago.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Speaking of ratings, it looks like WWE has started posting "full episodes" of RAW and SD on their YouTube channel now. They're "full" in that they appear to be one and a half hour edits instead of the full three hours. I'd be all over that if they weren't region-locked or something as seems to be the case here since the videos won't start for me at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Steiner dressed like he's the manager of a Shakey's Pizza

• Locked thread