Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Run.
This poll is closed.
:what: 10 5.78%
Blue M&Ms 35 20.23%
IT'S DOMESTIC! 70 40.46%
DEH- 58 33.53%
Total: 173 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

Steiner dressed like he's the manager of a Shakey's Pizza

The Steiner Brothers are fine, upstanding restaurant owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iI2ReZLmYA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Blast Fantasto posted:

Whereas instead he is the owner of a Shoney's. Big difference.

Edit: Screw you.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So I watched last night's Raw and... yeah, that was actually fun. Show moved at a good pace, matches got time and everything was booked sensibly overall. Cesaro even cut a pretty good (albeit short) promo on Miz! If Cesaro wins and turns the IC belt into the new workrate slot on the card that could be cool. I hope he gets new music to go with the pseudo-Bond makeover they're doing on his gimmick.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

OctoberCountry posted:

The Steiner Brothers are fine, upstanding restaurant owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iI2ReZLmYA

That video led me to this video, and now all is right in the world for the briefest of moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6FFePs2fCg&nohtml5=False

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Speaking of ratings, it looks like WWE has started posting "full episodes" of RAW and SD on their YouTube channel now. They're "full" in that they appear to be one and a half hour edits instead of the full three hours. I'd be all over that if they weren't region-locked or something as seems to be the case here since the videos won't start for me at all.

What? Where? Not appearing for me.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

CobiWann posted:

That video led me to this video, and now all is right in the world for the briefest of moments.

It's even funnier when a couple of weeks later he does HER entrance.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Grozz Nuy posted:

So I watched last night's Raw and... yeah, that was actually fun. Show moved at a good pace, matches got time and everything was booked sensibly overall. Cesaro even cut a pretty good (albeit short) promo on Miz! If Cesaro wins and turns the IC belt into the new workrate slot on the card that could be cool. I hope he gets new music to go with the pseudo-Bond makeover they're doing on his gimmick.
I really hope Cesaro does the barricade swing spot on Miz again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just catching up on last night's Raw, one of my favorite bits so far was Enzo's delivery of,"I exist because my mom and dad got it on, how you doing?"

The way I heard it described I thought he did it loud and blustery, but his delivery seemed more along the lines of a quiet,"poo poo do these guys not understand the birds and the bees I better explain it I guess?" and that rules.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Blast Fantasto posted:

Sign Big Poppa Pump and replace Mojo Rawley with a giant plate of mojos. Do it, Shane.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

only temporary posted:

What? Where? Not appearing for me.

A lot of media companies have started posting full episodes on Youtube, but putting the view permissions to "whitelist for these countries", where that list is of places that there is no existing TV deal. They can then serve an underserved audience, and collect viewership data and plays, so that maybe one day they can sell the local media market on buying TV rights.

WWE did this with Tough Enough a while back, and if you followed some of their international Twitter accounts you could grab the links there, but if you are in countries with TV deals, they were blocked from view and almost impossible to search for on Youtube.com proper.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Less good however was the camera cut that missed Ric pulling the ref out of the ring while Charlotte was tapping :cripes:

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Less good however was the camera cut that missed Ric pulling the ref out of the ring while Charlotte was tapping :cripes:

I actually thought there was a title change there for a second not because of the swerve but because the truck monkeys really dropped the ball.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I want to see if the Wyatt face turn sticks after they're done with the League of Nations, but between that and the Observer report that they have 'big plans' for Bray post-Mania, I'm now pondering the possibility of him winning Money in the Bank. They played up the antipathy Reigns and Bray had for each other in the past a lot during that tag match, and even if the intention is still for Reigns to hold for a while, MitB isn't that much earlier than Summerslam. I don't think they would want to go into Mania season with Bray as champion, but they could probably fit in a reign for him between Summerslam and the Rumble somewhere. Hell, they were building to a Brock/Wyatt program for a while anyway, if Lesnar/Reigns is the Summerslam ME you could have Wyatt cash in after that match and roll with that for a bit. Or if they wanted to be extra petty, they could have Reigns break Punk's record and then have Wyatt cash in after that but before next year's match for the case. Reigns still gets his dominant run on top and headlines another Mania, which is what they want at the end of the day. I still think Rollins or Ambrose are the most likely ones to win the case, but it's an interesting possibility I hadn't considered before watching that Raw.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OatmealRaisin posted:

I actually thought there was a title change there for a second not because of the swerve but because the truck monkeys really dropped the ball.

What's really annoying is the replay shows it all clearly - I can see accidentally missing a shot like this in a "real" match but they've got all this pre-scripted they should have very clear camera shots prepared for finishes like this.

On a brighter note:

Karl Anderson: Nice place you got here!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bray winning MITB is only great if the champion is standing in the ring, then DEH-, then when the lights come up Bray's already pinning the unconscious champion, ref reacts quickly, 123 new champ faster than people can process it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It wouldn't be MITB if the current champ didn't kick out of a finisher at least once during the cash-in

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sad news

https://twitter.com/Candido118/status/720062996568018944

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CobiWann posted:

I want to be friends with everything in this video.

I need to watch more Bayley videos.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=260YpNHCyIc

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 13, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He was only 44 :stare:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

When my friend explained ECW as a kid and he mentioned balls Mahoney and, I don't know I guess he just felt the need to spice it up, he told me his face was a surgically-grafted giant ballsack. RIP

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

That DICK! posted:

When my friend explained ECW as a kid and he mentioned balls Mahoney and, I don't know I guess he just felt the need to spice it up, he told me his face was a surgically-grafted giant ballsack. RIP

This is the best thing I've ever heard.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Wrestlers, man

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's really sad that Balls couldn't get the help that he clearly needed. I'll always remember picking him on the ECW video game because he looked the coolest and his name was Balls. As an adult, I now appreciate that he wrestled in King Diamond shirts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pretty sad to hear Balls died, I enjoyed what little I did see of him, and I think his run in the new version of ECW was a lot of fun. Especially the night he was dealer in the "strip" poker game and was talking extremely quietly and slowly like he was scared the girls were going to realize he had no business being there and would kick him out.

All that said:

Chris James 2 posted:

He was only 44 :stare:

Jesus Christ I thought he was way older than that.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grozz Nuy posted:

I want to see if the Wyatt face turn sticks after they're done with the League of Nations, but between that and the Observer report that they have 'big plans' for Bray post-Mania, I'm now pondering the possibility of him winning Money in the Bank. They played up the antipathy Reigns and Bray had for each other in the past a lot during that tag match, and even if the intention is still for Reigns to hold for a while, MitB isn't that much earlier than Summerslam. I don't think they would want to go into Mania season with Bray as champion, but they could probably fit in a reign for him between Summerslam and the Rumble somewhere. Hell, they were building to a Brock/Wyatt program for a while anyway, if Lesnar/Reigns is the Summerslam ME you could have Wyatt cash in after that match and roll with that for a bit. Or if they wanted to be extra petty, they could have Reigns break Punk's record and then have Wyatt cash in after that but before next year's match for the case. Reigns still gets his dominant run on top and headlines another Mania, which is what they want at the end of the day. I still think Rollins or Ambrose are the most likely ones to win the case, but it's an interesting possibility I hadn't considered before watching that Raw.

Bray Wyatt isn't a face. Metlzer talked about "shades of grey" being back before this week's Raw, which was the most "shades of grey" WWE show I've seen in years. It was also really good.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
RIP Balls.

Just saw Raw, they did so many things right. I was about to list everything I liked about it, but it's just easier to mention the things I hated about it.

Roman Reigns lol. It didn't really occur to me until just know as I'm typing this, but I'm more interested in following the Intercontinental Champion than the WWE WHC.

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Man that sucks. RIP Balls.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Grozz Nuy posted:

He used to use Dean Malenko's awesome pseudo-Bond music too, just use that I says. (the original Malenko one even, better than the vocals one)

I also will miss Balls Mahoney, he was a cool cat.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Wasn't the last (unnatural) wrestler death Axel Rotten, Balls' tag partner?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Zack Ryder costs The Miz the IC Title again. Could lead to continuing their feud. I actually want to see Ryder on Raw, even if it means having to actually watch Raw.

Yeah I know it's been good for two weeks, but I don't see the point when I know it's a matter of time before things fall apart again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Please don't rip balls by the way.

Also I seem to remember in Mick Foley's book him getting an apartment or something during his ECW run and his roommate was just the most disgusting person he had ever met, didn't bathe, room was a mess, just awful. Turned out to be Balls Mahoney.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Listen Devin

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Balls Balls Balls whoooooooaaa Balls :(

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This sucks.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Speaking of Steiner's Shoneys restaurant

http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/story/longtime-wrestler-scott-steiner-witnessed-an-attempted-murder-outside-a-hardee-s-041216

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Shinjobi posted:

I hope Zack Ryder costs The Miz the IC Title again. Could lead to continuing their feud. I actually want to see Ryder on Raw, even if it means having to actually watch Raw.

Yeah I know it's been good for two weeks, but I don't see the point when I know it's a matter of time before things fall apart again.

Yeah about that... Skackdown has resolution to this I guess.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Balls Mahoney was an entertaining character, but I don't get the impression that he was that good of a guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLqf2VhFmg

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Djarum posted:

Yeah about that... Skackdown has resolution to this I guess.

Skackdown is Sami Zayn's show.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I think "Skankdown" flows better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Ska is War

• Locked thread