Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Jennifer's not that bad

She's worse :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I don't follow this show close enough to figure it out but I enjoy the hell out of it.
"Hey look, its time genius."

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
It's a long drive to the Goines' family summer home. We need snacks :v:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

tomapot posted:

I don't follow this show close enough to figure it out but I enjoy the hell out of it.
"Hey look, its time genius."

Time Jesus!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Strange, that's what I heard, not sure why I typed genius. Jennifer is killing it this episode.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm a lawnmower!

WHAM

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Party Plane Jones posted:

Wasn't the Witness the other guy from Nikita (Aaron) who was (supposedly) burned to death?

Called it!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What the gently caress Deacon

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Another awesome episode. Deacon is badass.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

She's got the touch, she's got the power.

https://youtu.be/aeUMCgZdEyU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

What a good episode. 12 monkeys internal power struggle, Jennifer being crazy and badass Deacon out of nowhere.

I wonder if the pale man will have Olivia killed or just keep her around as a quadriplegic

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This episode was so compelling that all of my worry about the big "time destruction" reveal kinda vanished.

If I were to live that long, btw, then Jennifer's date with death would be on my 73rd birthday. I would like to know what Dr. Jones would make of the Witness' Word.

I know Cassie saw Aaron as the Witness but I'm not putting any stock in that yet. I think it's a con of some kind.

I was completely unprepared for Cassie stripping that BFF of her gun and turning it on her, losing it, then just kicking her rear end over the railing. Jennifer headbutted that bitch out and kicked her while she was down. The she straight-up shanked her nu-Mom. Sisters are doin' it for themselves. Great chemistry by the end there.

Deacon... survived.

Just overall a very enjoyable episode. I like the way the Witness communicates through the "lost in time" house. How much do we know about that place, other than "From #### to #### this was home."

At first I thought the turtle might be named Terry after Gilliam but then I saw one of the producers' names was Terry, too.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

The actress who plays Jennifer is so drat good. Another great episode too!

E- I'm also skeptical of the whole aaron being the witness thing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
12 Monkeys Season 2: I hate time travel!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"Look, it's Time Jesus!" and the Mary Tyler Moore montage were great.

All around great episode otherwise too, one of the best they've done. I need to study that diagram Jennifer found. Anyone get screenshots?

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
This is such a well acted well written time travel show I love it. I wish the writers of legends of tomorrow had put 5% of the thought into time travel that the writers of 12 monkeys have.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Man, when the second season started I was not sure I was going to like having Deacon in the position he is in, but god drat they've done a great job with his character.

I can totally believe that after what Cole and Ramse did and what Deacon went through, he would still have drinks with them after. Deacon embraces who he is and understands how poo poo works.

Also, I'm one step away from writing my own Cole/Ramse slashfic. They perform so well together. Also Cassandra and Jennifer are surprisingly great together too, this was a really great partner episode with them.

One last note -- crazy Jennifer is so adorable. Medicated Jennifer is also adorable. Fantastic actress!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They should have Brad Pitt show up as the witness just to gently caress with everyone.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And Bruce Willis in the background just rummaging through a dumpster.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I still really want a very brief scene where Cole goes from the past to the future but something goes awry, and he wakes up in a sepia-toned floating bed in a prison where people are looking at him through a globe full of TVs before he suddenly zaps into the proper timeline.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I can totally believe that after what Cole and Ramse did and what Deacon went through, he would still have drinks with them after. Deacon embraces who he is and understands how poo poo works.
I think it's mainly that Deacon understands that loving with them isn't worth the effort, and it's easier to just try to get along.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

sticklefifer posted:

I think it's mainly that Deacon understands that loving with them isn't worth the effort, and it's easier to just try to get along.

Also, Deacon recognizes that he would 100% do the exact same thing. In fact he seems to see people who would NOT do that in a pretty disdainful light. Now, you would not want to be someone Deacon respects, but once you are if he's going to kill you, he's only going to do it if there's a good reason. Until then might as well have a drink and share war stories.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
"hey look it's time jesus"

"My job would be a helluva a lot easier if you hadn't walked the messengers in through front door for a guy who is always going on about traitors"

"says the man whose best friend is a mass murderer"

What a great show.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn the dialogue was on point this week. Love it.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Hate to admit, but Jennifer Goings makes me reconsider the risk of the old adage - "never stick your dick into crazy".

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Tokubetsu posted:

"hey look it's time jesus"

"My job would be a helluva a lot easier if you hadn't walked the messengers in through front door for a guy who is always going on about traitors"

"says the man whose best friend is a mass murderer"

What a great show.

"You've finally learned the lesson that I've been trying to teach you."
Yeah, he doesn't even care about being betrayed because it's not only what he would have done, it's what he respects. Somehow, Ramse and Cole have redeemed themselves... by trying to have him tortured and killed.

Hardcore.

I don't see a shred on insincerity in it, either. I think he really means it. Of course, the fact that he really means it also means, like Littlefinger, he's telling you not to trust him (far).

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I wonder how much adlibbing Cole and Ramse do. That breath on the neck bit felt really natural. They have awesome comedic chemistry.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I'm still not entirely sure about exactly the endpoint the show is heading with the primaries being time pillars thing, but yeah that was a fun as hell of an episode. Glad to see the show can pair their characters off in different ways and it's still amazing. Man, Cassie and Jennifer going on adventures was pretty amazing.

I guess as shown previously too that the plague is still forthcoming, but in 2018. So I guess the Tall Man is also now in charge of somehow dealing with the primaries somehow? I'm not sure how since they technically don't have a working time machine.

Jennifer seeing the date of her death was funny since her expression was pretty much "best before September 2044".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Practical Demon posted:

I wonder how much adlibbing Cole and Ramse do. That breath on the neck bit felt really natural. They have awesome comedic chemistry.

Aaron Stamford is usually very enjoyable to watch on screen but Kirk Acevedo is probably my favorite supporting role actor of all time. Their chemistry is amazing and it's so good to see both of them getting work.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Kirk Avocado as well.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
He is a pro tier supporting actor for a best friend / partner type. My wife and I were both glad to see him in this and he is great as Ramse. Wish he had been in more of Fringe.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Tortolia posted:

He is a pro tier supporting actor for a best friend / partner type. My wife and I were both glad to see him in this and he is great as Ramse. Wish he had been in more of Fringe.

Didn't he leave Fringe because he didn't want to leave New York when they moved production to Vancouver?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Next episode in about 8 minutes. Looks to be a tense one!

Also: Team Cole and Ramse.

VV It is. "You adore me, admit it." "Just try to stay out of traffic this time." Slow Ride over the credits haha

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 24, 2016

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Well isn't this an adorable way to open the episode :3:

EDIT: Dammit Ramse don't flirt with the temporal locals. That's how you wind up as your own grandpa

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 24, 2016

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Uh what the Hell? Cole... shotgun? Eh?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

Uh what the Hell? Cole... shotgun? Eh?

Can't be paradoxed if they're already dead.

Well, they probably would explode but it wouldn't really break time as bad since they have stopped being a primary at that point.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Please note that I appreciate the irony of what I am about to say:

What if it's all in your head? :ohdear:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I was just saying it looked like Slade was full of poo poo and that Cole should just blast them both right then. Anyway, that worked out ok.

Cassie, on the other hand, is really starting to worry me.

More great chemistry this episode.

Looks like next week is going to be a "monster of the week" sorta deal, and it looks GOOD.

Dr. Faustus posted:

I know Cassie saw Aaron as the Witness but I'm not putting any stock in that yet. I think it's a con of some kind.
:smug:

Just kidding, hyenas. We're hyenas now, right? The natural enemy of the monkey?

I always assumed the natural enemy of the money was the organ-grinder...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I did like that even Ramse's kid is making GBS threads on him haha. But his bromance with Cole is :3:

That ending though :stonk:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Ya'll this show is so drat good. Echoing the love for the Cole/Ramse bromance but I like the Cassie and Jennifer duo a lot as well. I guess that's on hold for a bit though since Jennifer is going solo hyena.

I just love the whole COLLAPSE TIME ITSELF thing. It's spooky and crazy and just bonkers fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I love this show but do not know a single way to convince people to watch it aside from literal kidnapping. :(

• Locked thread