Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Dazz, have you really managed to retain the same avatar for your entire time on SA? I'm really impressed :D.

It is a little surprising that I haven't pissed somebody off enough to get some red text, isn't it? I'm not an especially inflammatory person, but over six years, you'd think it would have happened at least once.

Anyway yeah, I'm finally getting to actual new new new content here. I'm still a little peeved that it ended up this way, and a little incredulous that the twitch conversion just straight up ate my last three sessions, but, whatever, I've got the raw footage on my computer so it's just kind of annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

Onward into the brave unknown!

did you know? these enemies are actually called The Pus of Man and i hate them a lot.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Those greatshield-wielding spearmen are loving obnoxious. They turtle up after two swings with a straight sword, which wouldn't be bad in and of itself... but they're too quick to switch between turtling and attacking to actually land a guard breaker on them. Literally every time I try it, it goes the same way: He turtles up, I switch to weapon arte stance and attack with the straight sword's guard break, he lowers his guard, attacks me mid-swing and staggers me out of my guard break animation.

It really pisses me off how every enemy in this game can interrupt your attack animations regardless of what kind of armor you're wearing. I'd like the old Poise system back please, From. :argh:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
In the room after the "shortcut ahead" message, there was a weird sound when you picked up that first item. I thought it was an illusory wall disappearing at first. Was that so and you missed it, or was that just those wizards casting buffs up above?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

In the room after the "shortcut ahead" message, there was a weird sound when you picked up that first item. I thought it was an illusory wall disappearing at first. Was that so and you missed it, or was that just those wizards casting buffs up above?

That was the spell sound.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

One of these videos isn't actually new but it was my birthday and I didn't feel like posting it until now. By way of apology, there's two videos.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Dropping off that bridge in front of the dragons appears to be the intended solution, but I sniped them with arrows (as I am wont to do), and wound up progressing through that area backward as a result. Although, that ambush by the crystal lizard is the same no matter which direction you approach it from, and drat near killed me.

A fire infused longsword wound up carrying me pretty far through the game, but it was around this point (or maybe toward the end of the previous area) I finally undid the fire infusion and put Refined on it instead. Once you've got Dex and Strength up to 20+, a high level Refined weapon will make mince meat out of just about anything, and for those edge cases where a fire infusion would still have been preferable, there's always charcoal resin.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

My reaction to the double dragon was remembering that I had a Dragonslayer Greatbow and a number of both the Greatarrows and Lightning Greatarrows. So I did what the name suggests and slew some dragons with a Greatbow.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Happy birthday dazz :toot:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

botany posted:

Happy birthday dazz :toot:

HotAndColdAF
May 30, 2011

Making Daddy proud.
Regarding the three fires being decorated with the Four Kings, the Bed of Chaos, and Gravelord Nito and the connection between the three, I automatically assumed they were there to represent the Lord Souls from DS1. With Seath left out because gently caress Seath in particular I guess Gwyn's soul was already represented by the Four Kings.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

To be fair, it pretty much is all Seath's fault. I understand the sentiment.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Dazzling Addar posted:

To be fair, it pretty much is all Seath's fault. I understand the sentiment.

It was the other dragons' fault for being dicks. :colbert:

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

Hi all, quick update on the blind run today real quick. Feeling a bit sick.

Also, if you're interested, I streamed a bit of Salt and Sanctuary the other day and it's up on my youtube channel. It's a fun soulslike game with some heavy atmosphere. Check it out!

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

Regrettably, still feeling sick. But I do have some more blind run videos.

Episode 48

Episode 49

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Feel better soon, Dazz!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
How has that whole place not burned down yet?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So is the wax keeping the Zelda hands from cursing you?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Bellmaker posted:

So is the wax keeping the Zelda hands from cursing you?

Yes, dunking your head like a crazy person keeps the hands from being a hassle.

That Crystal Sage is my most and least favorite guy, he's such a pain in the rear end but if you are a caster his death brings joy unending.

On the subject of sorcery I'm surprised they haven't (at least to my knowledge) either reduced the cost of upped the damage of Soul Spear, it's in a weird place where I feel like Sorceries are basically worthless in the mid-game because you can't efficiently damage things with it.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 8, 2016

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

The ghouly hands being kept at bay by the wax head is my favorite weird thing in a favorite full of weird things.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

drat, Ornstein got ripped.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
hahaha, wow, it was amazing watching you punching the Dragonslayer Armour and going "uh, wow I'm doing no damage, huh". :saddowns:
just...how did you not see that you were not swinging a sword???!

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

The International is over, and I come bearing gifts!

Spatula City posted:

hahaha, wow, it was amazing watching you punching the Dragonslayer Armour and going "uh, wow I'm doing no damage, huh". :saddowns:
just...how did you not see that you were not swinging a sword???!

it's not the sword in your hand that matters, it's the sword in your heart

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Beware the swordsman with no blade

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Dazzling Addar posted:

it's not the sword in your hand that matters, it's the sword in your heart

Sounds painful.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wasn't there also an NPC you could summon next to that bonfire that also gives you a gesture?

EDIT: Oh right, you killed Yuria, so you can no longer summon Londor Pale Shade.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 14, 2016

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I can't believe the ganksquad let you fight them one at a time. They usually give me a hard time.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Funny story; when I went after those crystal lizards up on the roof, I only managed to kill one of them before the gargoyles dropped in on me; the other one went off the edge of the roof down to the level below. No problem, I figured. I'll go back and get it next time I reload the area.

Only, I go back that way without reloading the area like ten minutes later, and the crystal lizard is still there. It got tangled on some of the roof geometry and was just running infinitely into a wall.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

I'm not sure why it keeps turning out this way, but, well, it's 3 in the morning, so have 3 videos.

Stream Episode 51: Welcome... to the murderbridge.

Stream Episode 52: Royal Family Meet and Greet

Episode 16: Catacombs of Carthus

Pyrogenesis
Feb 19, 2013

I really like your blind videos, Dazzling Addar. They are basically exactly like how I play such games. But because for the time being and for the foreseeable future I can't play DS3, the next best thing is watching this mindful, methodical blind LP. I've tried watching a couple other ones as well, but the "why don't you just look around a bit???", "look there's a path/thing right over there how on earth didn't you see it???" becomes pretty frustrating quickly. Nothing like that in your videos.

QuietMisdreavus
May 12, 2013

I'm fine. Nothing to worry about.
I find it very amusing that the Cartus Rogues are carrying Carthus Rouge.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Are the big guys on top of the tower (at the start of episode 51) giant winged gorillas?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Technowolf posted:

Are the big guys on top of the tower (at the start of episode 51) giant winged gorillas?

I think they're giant winged Smoughs.

So, basically the same thing.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

Technowolf posted:

They're not gorillas, but they're a powerful variation of the Winged Knight type enemy we encountered waaaaay back on the High Wall of Lothric. There's some funky lore surrounding them.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Did they ever patch the weapon infusion to not be rear end or is it still a bad idea?

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Did they ever patch the weapon infusion to not be rear end or is it still a bad idea?

I haven't been keeping up spectacularly well, but weapon infusion seems to be the same as it ever was. They're situational. Heavy and raw are still good.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dazzling Addar posted:

I haven't been keeping up spectacularly well, but weapon infusion seems to be the same as it ever was. They're situational. Heavy and raw are still good.

I would say Refined is also good, once you've got sufficient points in STR and DEX. And not all the elemental infusions are crap. A fire straightsword will see you through a lot of this game, for instance.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
Just popped in to say awesome LP so far.. really enjoying it so thanks!

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

Blind Episode 53

Blind Episode 54

I should really post these earlier in the day (or later, depending on one's point of view), but regardless, have some more of that precious [content].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotAndColdAF
May 30, 2011

Making Daddy proud.
That invasion, haha, holy poo poo, I've never seen that happen before.

• Locked thread