Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpfHHaZQAu4
I didn't realize these shorts existed (or I did and I completely forgot).

I share Tanaka's exasperation with those little collapsible plastic straws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Those straws are 100% better than those flimsy juice pack straws we have in the West.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

ecchan

was

AMAZING this ep

she only had like 3 minutes of screentime but god drat

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
This is the best full length show this season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's over. :(

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Thank you for being small, Miyano!

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

Man... I'm genuinely sad that the show's over. I want a second season. :(

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Xelkelvos posted:

Tanaka-kun deserves a break to rest. :)

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
i will miss this show forever

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gonna miss relaxing with Tanaka but at least there's still the manga to read :3:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Good night, sweet prince, and may sweet you sing you to your rest

https://twitter.com/tanaka_anime/status/746301501769809920

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/silverlink2007/status/746916154183057408

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like the Ohta carrying Tanaka mug and want to drink tea out of it!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bring back tanaka-kun

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Haven't watched this show yet but I support any sort of positive queer representation in anime, welp that's my post cya

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Haven't watched this show yet but I support any sort of positive queer representation in anime, welp that's my post cya

This show was a lot less gay than the first few episodes made it look, sadly.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Tanaka is straight. Suck it, fujoshailures.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Devil Tesla posted:

Anything is BL if you believe

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, that reminds me, did they do anything more with the Echizen-Miyano thing? I need to catch up on like half the series (I stopped watching the episode where it turns out Tanaka's sister is into him or something), but while Miyano's confession and such were really cute, Echizen subsequently completely forgetting about it and taking the "confession" from Tanaka and Ohta much more seriously, even if it was apparently because they adapted manga chapters out of order, was rather disheartening.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Roland Jones posted:

Oh, that reminds me, did they do anything more with the Echizen-Miyano thing? I need to catch up on like half the series (I stopped watching the episode where it turns out Tanaka's sister is into him or something), but while Miyano's confession and such were really cute, Echizen subsequently completely forgetting about it and taking the "confession" from Tanaka and Ohta much more seriously, even if it was apparently because they adapted manga chapters out of order, was rather disheartening.

There's a few more Echizen getting flustered at Ohta moments and they suck just as much.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In fairness, anyone would get flustered at Ohta because he's dreamy.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Terper posted:

Good night, sweet prince, and may sweet you sing you to your rest

https://twitter.com/tanaka_anime/status/746301501769809920

This is great.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Just in case anyone's having withdrawal symptom already, the shorts are still a thing and unlike Flying Witch's they're just as good as the series

Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGrv2MFDlYk

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The show really should have had an episode that was just Echizen and Miyano :(

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If I want to pick up the manga where the anime left off, which chapter should I start on?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'd say start at the beginning. They skipped and reorganized quite a bit, so the manga flows a bit differently than the anime does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It wasn't a 1 for 1 adaption since they messed with the order and skipped around so you might as well just read it from the beginning. Also skipping everything that was in the anime isn't going to leave you much to read; the anime covered up to...chapter 30 or so (somewhere in that neighborhood, maybe a little after) and chapter 36 is the most recent one translated.

• Locked thread