Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like this anime was meant to target people like me, because I'm so curious about what'll happen that I want to buy and read the volumes.

I'm the kind of person they make anime adaptations for. This month alone I've bought Dagashi Kashi, Flying Witch, and Tanaka. I bought 5 volumes of Devil is a Part Timer I haven't read because of the anime. Same for Rokka, though I've actually read 4 of the 5 volumes.

This poo poo works.

Super No Vacancy posted:

lol this goofball is awfully loyal to a couple loonies that have gruesomely murdered him multiple times and admitted to hating him all along what the gently caress

Yeah I find it really weird how he's willing to talk about how kind they are when they're responsible for at least 2 of his deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tamba posted:

Same here.

I bought the first 3 volumes and just finished the first one. So far, the anime has stuck really closely to the source material. So far the only important changes were that the epilogue (Subaru is knocked out, Emilia talks with Reinhart) was a bit longer.
Also all scenes of Subaru dying are kind of :gonk: with him describing how he can slowly feel his life fading, his organs and senses shutting down one by one until he finally dies. Abusing his death-reset-ability really isn't an option with how horrible dying feels, so his decision in the current episode is kind of a big thing.

I remember someone posting the manga version of his second death in the arc, but the third is pretty hosed up too.

Like poo poo what the gently caress yo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh wow I guess the manga is doing the arcs concurrently cause each of them have different artists and the second and third arcs are being published simultaneously.

That's a bummer, I thought I could finish the second arc through the manga.

Guess I hafta wait for the anime or just buy the light novels in Korean.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can anyone read Japanese cause I need to know what's up with the next 3 episodes.

quote:

第8話、第9話、第10話 放送時間変更並びに放送休止の可能性について
5月22日から6月5日までの期間、テレビ東京系6局ネットにて「全仏オープンテニス2016中継」が放送されます。

これに伴い、テレビ東京、テレビ大阪、テレビ愛知にてこの期間に放送を予定している「Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活」第8話、第9話、第10話は、当日の中継の状況次第ではそれぞれ放送時間が変更、または放送休止となる場合があります。

あらかじめご了承ください。

If they're gonna be delayed I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy the light novels.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WELP time to buy the books.

I guess this arc is volume 2... or 3?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

L-O-N posted:

The one that was just watched was 2. Next one is 3.

Coolio.

The manga is still in the middle of the next loop and appears to be monthly so I guess I'm buying volume 3 first and then seeing if I want to buy more.

Also the author is a butcher?????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So I bought volume 3 today instead of ordering it cause I just really wanted to read it and then I get a massive downer.

The top of one of the illustrations pages is sorts ripped and folded.

Blegh.

I should stick to ordering books online from Kyobo, and not actually buying something from their stores.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's so good.

I was getting really tired of the reincarnation in a different world / stuck in a game / transported to a different world type shows, but this and KonoSuba really changed my opinion.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grausherra posted:

Personally this is also something that gives me a massive downer and I've had something similar happen to me when buying light novels from stores.
I used to do online shopping for my light novels but the novels ended up coming damaged one way or another so I decided to switch to good old brick and mortar shopping only to run into the same crap despite trying to scrutinize the books before buying.

The possible airing delay will most likely make me go crazy knowing what's coming.

Another thing that bugs me when buying directly from the bookstore is that they have these stamps or whatever on the bottom of the book, which means the corner of the wrapping is torn off or whatever, which means the bottom edge of the book gets sorta iffy.

This doesn't happen when ordering. I think.

Ah well.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

i like that it's just a fantasy world, it doesn't have video game mechanics or institutions built into the setting like most current reincarnation shows

That plays a part too, but I just really like the MCs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Thor-Stryker posted:

I'm still curious as to why the author picked the different-world gig. Right now its functionally equivalent to an MC with amnesia, the only difference being that he has a cell-phone which hasn't been useful up to this point. I can only assume the author did it to make it easier for readers/viewers to associate with him, but perhaps he'll use his other-worldly knowledge to advance in some way (via science perhaps?)

I also fully expect the cell-phone to be the series end-credits by showing all the photos he's taken of his harem waifus.

Did you know that there actually is a light novel about taking a smart phone to a different world.

At least, I assume from the title.

I was lookin' through the light novel section at Kyobo to find Re;Zero volume 3 and came across something.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
See?

Title is literally "In a Different World with a Smartphone".

The original title is 異世界はスマートフォンとともに.

quote:

Oh no, Kami-­sama accidentally killed the Hero by mistake and he starts a second life in a parallel world. Kami­-sama revives his body and he is allowed to take and use his smartphone. He comes across various people while making important comrades and before the Hero is aware of it, he has discovered this world’s secret. He inherits the legacy of an ancient civilization and he goes around the world nonchalantly while having power that matches that of the kings in this world.

Author’s word:
This is the first time I am doing a serialized story.
I do not know how far I can go, but I’d appreciate if you follow me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I took these photos last year when visiting Kyobo. Look at all these parallel world / game / reincarnation books + SNAFU.

This one features Not!Souma and Not!Erina, and is about cooking to boot. Like jesus poo poo, at least get some original designs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'd read that. If it were in English. :(

Well you're in luck.

It's being translated online I guess.

http://raisingthedead.ninja/current-projects/in-a-different-world-with-a-smartphone/

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It occurs to me that I've never seen the Re:Zero ED.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh poo poo, the credits of the 4th short!!!

The thing about the witch's smell was... RIGHT UNDER OUT NOSES.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

jon joe posted:

I suppose.

Heh.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brownieftw posted:

Alright. Psycho-Rem is actually kind of terrifying.

Terrifyingly beautiful.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Angry Grimace posted:

The thing is, Subaru's obsession with Emilia has always been a little unhinged and bizarre if you think about it. She was never as nice to him as he acts and significantly less so than Rem.

Rem has killed Subaru in at least two timelines.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why did Ram and Rem even kill him in the second timeline?

Cause he was walkin' all weird in the hallway at night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Major Ricardo posted:

Seriously, who leaves their sword behind in a body? They don't grow on trees.

Who's to say there's no such thing as a Sword Tree?

If Toriko has taught me anything, it's that nearly anything can grow on trees, even (drinkable) monkey testies.

• Locked thread