Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Cowman posted:

I've been watching this with some dudes and am enjoying it but it's getting to me and I'm trying to figure it out. It seems like there's a puzzle or possibly some significance to the end title screens as they always highlight a specific word in every one. I went back and copied it down and now it just seems like there's a translation error or I'm looking for something that isn't there. I was wondering if anyone knew what this said in Japanese as the English translation (far as the subs go at least) is

"Begin Witch Another Happy Promise of Chains Re"

I put them in episode order left to right. I don't speak or read Japanese so I wasn't sure about how to order them so I figured that was the simplest way to do it.

Here's what I wrote down:

code:
Episode 1: Begin - Grey color
"The End of the Beginning and the Beginning of the End"

Episode 2: Witch - Orange color
"Reunion with the Witch"

Episode 3: Another - Red color
"Starting Life from Zero in Another World

Episode 4: Happy - Blue color
"The Happy Roswaal Mansion Family are gone"

Episode 5: Promise - Teal, Pale Blue color
"The Morning of Our Promise is Still Distant"

Episode 6: of Chains - Pink
"The Sound of Chains"

Episode 7: Re - Yellow
"Natsuki Subaru's Restart"
It's probably just a style thing or is just a hint to the next episode's theme but I just noticed it and since I don't read Japanese I can't tell if I'm missing anything or if nothing's there. I'm going to keep doing it just in case and because it's not hard to take a screenshot, crop and tack it onto the end of the row there and copy down that info.

If there's a way the kanji is supposed to be arranged then I'd love to know and I'll rearrange it and all that.

Seems like for half of these, it's only highlighting one of two halves of the word, and only one letter of the katakana in ep 7/s title preview. Seems strange, hope it leads somewhere. Maybe someone who knows more than me *which really isn't too much* can pick up on something here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
That reaction to the blind spell makes it seem like it may be far worse than just losing your sight. Wonder if it also messes with your other senses as well.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think its meant to feel similar to the Witch's finagling; so Shadow to Shadow?

Potentially. That reveal did seem to be rather large amounts of foreshadowing, combined with what we learned about the witch in this episode.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Alright. Psycho-Rem is actually kind of terrifying.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Now i want to know more about who the hell actually attacked ram/rem's village, and what's actually going on with Roswaal. Is there anywhere the novels are translated?

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

The web novels are not translated and even if someone wanted to, it would quicker and easier for you or anyone else to learn japanese and read it yourself then to wait. For reference, the anime including break time so far has adapted 70 chapters of the web novel and there are currently ~410 chapters up to the beginning of the 6th arc available and supposedly the story is at its halfway point with 10 total arcs.

I figured as much. i know a little bit but not nearly enough to actually read yet.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
I've got a question for anyone who can read the web novel. Is the anime or the manga of this the one that changes things around, because I've noticed multiple changes so far based on what's translated for the manga's third arc compared to this last episode.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I haven't seen the manga but the anime has cut out alot of material to fit everything into the two episodes so far
This is probably the biggest change I've seen so far, shame they cut it.
edit: Actually, I'd loved to have seen rem just drop in against all the thugs the three called for backup.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
It might turn out better if there is additional seasons, it certainly seems like it might be popular enough.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Jesus christ you guys weren't kidding when you said this arc was :getin: as gently caress. I really really want him to die now so we can figure out how far back out his reset point is. The sooner, the better after what that episode ended on.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Jesus loving christ.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Alright i need to know. Do we lose any characters for good because of this arc? PM me or put it in a spoiler tag or something.
edit: thanks :(

Brownieftw fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 12, 2016

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Silver2195 posted:

Somehow I assumed that's what was going on with Roswaal and Ram. Like, she wasn't able to absorb mana from her surroundings anymore after losing her horn, so she needed regular sex with a human to stay alive.

i'm pretty sure they showed that roswaal just kinda transfers mana to her at the end of ep 11,

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

darkgray posted:

Where's my (WN arc 4) Elsa????

Look at the scroll bar. That's.... a lot.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

The Unholy Ghost posted:

There's another take?

Maybe she chased him down and slaughtered him on accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTNrSCH97k ?

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

mpyro posted:

So she is gone forever, or will she ever come back?

Pretty sure only the author knows at this point

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm so loving hype.

Which Myth and Roid song was that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFi4FTOuqKk The song at the end of ep 14 it looks like.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

madmac posted:

The sixth arc is only like 24 chapters so far, but it's also totally unfinished and has pretty much been on hiatus ever since Rezero really took off as a LN.

As long as it doesn't turn into another hiatusxhiatus I'll be happy.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I have nothing to add to the discussion, but your avatar is very, very cute.

I hosed up though and forgot it needed to be png for transparency layers. i can't be assed to pay another :10bux: to fix it.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
What are those from?

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

No idea, but bro i love your avatar.

PM if you want the full image.
On current topic: I need to go through some LPs for drakengard, after seeing what happened in nier.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Grouchio posted:

Wrong girl develops into Best girl after Arc 4, courtesy of Subaru.

I don't think i can believe that Rem gets dethroned from best girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Cuntellectual posted:

:yeah:

Spoil it for me!

i know. i don't consider getting forced out to be a valid option. they're searching for a way to get her back iirc!

• Locked thread