Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I've been watching this with some dudes and am enjoying it but it's getting to me and I'm trying to figure it out. It seems like there's a puzzle or possibly some significance to the end title screens as they always highlight a specific word in every one. I went back and copied it down and now it just seems like there's a translation error or I'm looking for something that isn't there. I was wondering if anyone knew what this said in Japanese as the English translation (far as the subs go at least) is

"Begin Witch Another Happy Promise of Chains Re"

I put them in episode order left to right. I don't speak or read Japanese so I wasn't sure about how to order them so I figured that was the simplest way to do it.

Here's what I wrote down:

code:
Episode 1: Begin - Grey color
"The End of the Beginning and the Beginning of the End"

Episode 2: Witch - Orange color
"Reunion with the Witch"

Episode 3: Another - Red color
"Starting Life from Zero in Another World

Episode 4: Happy - Blue color
"The Happy Roswaal Mansion Family are gone"

Episode 5: Promise - Teal, Pale Blue color
"The Morning of Our Promise is Still Distant"

Episode 6: of Chains - Pink
"The Sound of Chains"

Episode 7: Re - Yellow
"Natsuki Subaru's Restart"
It's probably just a style thing or is just a hint to the next episode's theme but I just noticed it and since I don't read Japanese I can't tell if I'm missing anything or if nothing's there. I'm going to keep doing it just in case and because it's not hard to take a screenshot, crop and tack it onto the end of the row there and copy down that info.

If there's a way the kanji is supposed to be arranged then I'd love to know and I'll rearrange it and all that.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

today's episode was pretty weird. It's not surprising that he's breaking down fast having died a bunch of times and seen others die as well. I totally called him having a shadow magic :v:

On another note, like I said earlier I'm keeping up with the colored words at the end because I'm curious if they're going to mean anything. Here's where we're at right now (episode 1 on left, 8 on right) The first color is actually a greyish purple, not grey. Today's color is pretty grey and the word is Cried. Sentence so far is: "Begin Witch Another Happy Promise of Chains Re Cried" It's looking more like there's nothing to it or there's a translation error. Leaning towards the former but hoping for the later. I'll keep at it because it's easy and I'm curious.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I fuckin called that dog from the first time it appeared. I knew that thing was bad news.

I think I might have figured part of the colored words at the end title screen out though I'm not 100%. I think it has to do with the main character of that episode, the focus that isn't Subaru.

Episode 1 is a greyish purple color which kind of matches with Emilia's hair. 2 is Felt since she has golden blonde hair. 3 is obviously Reinhardt the redhead. 4 is Roswaal L. Mathers, the lord, who has dark blue hair. 5 is Rem since she's got teal hair. 6 is Ram since she has pink hair. 7 is Beatrice who has bright yellow hair. 8 is probably either Puck or Subaru, I don't really know. 9 is Rem again, though it's a darker teal than before.

The meaning of the words might describe the character in that episode or future episodes, I'm really not sure. The colors seems to line up though so I think that's probably right but I'm not sure how the meaning is connected, if at all. I also don't really think there's some big ARG reveal coming up with these, I think it's most likely a descriptor of that episode's character or theme. Either way I'm gonna keep at it because it's easy and fun. I'm going to keep going left to right with episode 1 on the left to the newest on the right. If I knew how to read it I'd try mixing them up or some other way of manipulating them.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 31, 2016

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

lets hang out posted:

The guy holding Ram after her horn got cut off was dressed just like Roswaal

Maybe fancy cravats are popular with death cults

I thought he was the one who cut her horn off because of that. I don't think he did but who knows with this hosed up world.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

smenj posted:

To be fair, 'Didn't I tell you to be good and wait for me?' is the most condescending thing I've heard anyone on this show say, so maybe she deserves it a little.

Subaru acts like an idiot toddler with ADHD so I'm very surprised she doesn't just have one of those leashes on him.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Brownieftw posted:

Jesus christ you guys weren't kidding when you said this arc was :getin: as gently caress. I really really want him to die now so we can figure out how far back out his reset point is. The sooner, the better after what that episode ended on.

It's probably the inn or just after the breakup.

Also the color of the character in the closing title is the exact same color as Episode 11 "Rem" :smith:

Yes I'm still keeping up with this, no I haven't found anything other than the color coincides with the hair color of the main "side" character of that episode. :spergin:

Cowman fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 4, 2016

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'm probably the only one who was disappointed that when Subaru shouted Betelgeuse three times Betelgeuse didn't pop up. Betelgeuse

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

yea if you can see all the death and destruction without anyone else acknowledging it and a complete inability to talk about it, alongside the fact that most of these people are the ones you would try to tell that they died earlier, they're your only connection in a world you don't understand and have basically become your family. All of this put together should destroy a sane person and make them thoroughly broken and probably insane.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I don't know about the details but I would be absolutely shocked in the Jealous Witch isn't future-Emilia or pre-amnesia-Emilia or something along those lines. Anything else would feel like a twist.

e: As for crazy, stupid speculation: the "Ordeal" is a series of threats to Emilia's life that lethally exclude any outcome where she doesn't become the Witch. She plucked Subaru out of his reality and into the past to ensure that Emilia goes down that path.

ViggyNash posted:

Yeah, that's a good addition to my bullshit theory.

And I also agree that Emilia being the witch in some way is highly likely given what we've seen so far. There are no good candidates besides her, and this doesn't feel like a series where the big bad is a totally separate entity from the main cast.

I'd be kind of disappointed if Emilia was the Witch. Maybe if she was "Kindness" or "Love" or something like that since the Witch apparently is based on the Seven Sins and the emotion "Jealousy." It would be better if she were the good part of the witch that got separated off somehow. I just don't want Emilia to actually be the main villain :smith:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

A while back I posted about the colored characters at the end and was trying to figure out if they meant anything. Far as I can tell, they coincide with the focused person of that episode, big reveal or main focus. Easiest example would be episode 11 that's titled "Rem" and the character is colored teal like Rem's hair, or episode 20 that's titled "Wilhelm van Astrea" and the character is colored a silvery grey like Wilhelm's hair. I put together a list of the colored characters and did each one in Google Translate alongside the hex code of the color and the person I think it coincides with all on imgur in a big list. I also cut out the colored character from the end and put them all together in a big row at the top in episode order. As far as I can tell, nothing can be made from the characters, however I don't read or speak any Japanese/Chinese (Google translate said some of the characters were Chinese). I think it's just something with the hair color and the character's translation being a description of the person without any grand overarching theme but I don't know for sure of course. I'll go ahead and paste the characters and have that be a link to the full imgur album.

始魔異団束鎖リ泣意やム再ス病狂欲醜ロ白ヴァン賭閃怠騎騎物語

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Don't know what I was thinking, that was pretty obvious. Corrected it and thanks.

• Locked thread