Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The 5th Element is a Science Fiction rollercoaster ride from visionary director Luc Besson. It stars Der Bruce Willis as Corbyn Dallas, an ex-Marine turned cabbie in the future who inadvertently becomes embroiled in a galaxy spanning war against evil itself! Gary Oldman stars as the face of the villain, Zorg and when he's not stealing the show Milla Jovovich is the eponymous 5th Element which is love or some other bullshit.

So here's the thing...

At the end of the show they gut some alien chick and retrieve 4 Stones that represent the elements. Earth, Wind, Fire and Water. They have to activate the stones by matching the element to the element. Right, so...

Would pee activate the water stone?

Because the fire stone LITERALLY needs fire. And fire isn't even an element. It's a reaction. So why would it have to be fire? Wouldn't heat or light or energy be enough?

And air. Did the air already there not trigger it enough? Did he have to breath on it?

Sand is earth, I guess. So whatever... But I'm just thinking. If the old man wasn't so sweaty to sweat on the stone could he have pissed on it? And if the piss wasn't enough, like they had to breath on the air one a lot, could the others have joined in and pissed on the stone with him to activate it? Because if the film ended with all four of the men standing around the water stone peeing on it it could have made for a nice shot, cinematically speaking, I mean. Overhead crane shot, 4 streams of whizz splashing against the old alien stone. A bit sprays Ruby Rhode and he gets mad at first, all, "DAAAMN!" But then Bruce Willis' winning smile calms him down and he playfully places a finger over his pee-hole to spray Corbyn Dallas a bit. Then at the end, after they save the day, the film doesn't end with Tiny Tim watching Bruce and Milla bang; It ends with him looking into the boys shower room where the 4 men are swordfighting with streams of wee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yes

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

hmm

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i remember liking that movie up until Chris Tucker's character showed up, and then I stopped watching

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
You'd probably have seen it through if you knew Bruce Willis would piss on him though, right?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i enjoyed the barkeep robot that overpours

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
so is LeLu actually Captian Planet?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I still don't get why the evil planet wants to crash into earth. Also I don't get why the evil planet is moon sized. Is the moon evil too?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
maybe pee isnt pure water spit woulda worked.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Rutibex posted:

so is LeLu actually Captian Planet?

LeeLoo is the dumb Heart kid.

I mean she could have pissed on the stone too, but it's better for the story if it was boys only.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Don't worry about the stones

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Microwaves Mom posted:

maybe pee isnt pure water spit woulda worked.

This is what I was thinking too. Like what percentage of pee is water compared to sweat which is full of salt and isn't pee full of salt too? Which is why maybe it took four of them peeing on the stone to activate if fully because it;'s diluted water.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Technically I think poop could have worked fine for the earth stone.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I've often heard poop referred to as "Earthy" yeah

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Leeloo's vagina is the fifth stone. That's why Bruce Willis is always upset.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

City of Tampa posted:

i remember liking that movie up until Chris Tucker's character showed up, and then I stopped watching

that part is good

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

{Pisses on OP in the hopes that this bad topic will disappear.}

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Parallax Scroll posted:

that part is good

I like your avatar.

BigBadSteve posted:

{Pisses on OP in the hopes that this bad topic will disappear.}

I don't know if there's any artistic merit in that.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

City of Tampa posted:

my fav part of the movie right there

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the fifth element is that type of movie they dont make anymore, where they try to make an entertaining movie rather than a ~magnum opus~

it doesnt matter.

theres so much wicked poo poo in that movie. ur not spendin a second of your brain thinking about dumb plot details like 'the fifth element is love'

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 13, 2016

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
k-k-k-korben korben my man.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Chris tucker is like that part at the end of helter skelter where you think it's over cuz it faded out but then it fades back in and you're like ugh what poo poo and then it still rocks and ringo screams I GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS which is great. Not sure adding pissboys after ringos outburst would necessarily improve things at all but I'd def be up for finding out because yeah bud pissboys :P

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
The Fifth Element is meat popsicle.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

bruce willis tonguefucking that alien bitches facehole is the 5th stone

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
multipass haha

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

nigga crab pollock posted:

the fifth element is that type of movie they dont make anymore, where they try to make an entertaining movie rather than a ~magnum opus~

it doesnt matter.

theres so much wicked poo poo in that movie. ur not spendin a second of your brain thinking about dumb plot details like 'the fifth element is love'

yeah UNironically agree. entertaining movies could actually be good while still not serious. these days movies that arent serious are movies for people with IQ's of 69 and everything else is like BUT ITS ART

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

The seashells in Demolition Man confuse me.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

City of Tampa posted:

boo this man, Ruby Rhod is a national loving treasure

Skeleton Ape posted:

The seashells in Demolition Man confuse me.

This guy doesn't know about the three seashells. snicker

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

mods?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
he had to dig all around in the opera singers guts to get one of the stones

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

JiveHonky posted:

he had to dig all around in the opera singers guts to get one of the stones

which one you think she had in her?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't understand why they have awesome flying cars in The 5th Element that require manual driving to work? Like why did they not come up with an automated driving system?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

FuhrerHat posted:

which one you think she had in her?

i dunno, fire?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't understand why they have awesome flying cars in The 5th Element that require manual driving to work? Like why did they not come up with an automated driving system?

its new york, they're all retrofitted crown vics from 1987

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
As someone named Corbin irl this movie is very important to me and usually how I introduce my name.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ChogsEnhour posted:

I like your avatar.

ty

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The answer is boron, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdolfHitler