Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Oh how I loved MonsterVision and USA Up(!) All Night. One of the interesting things about these shows looking back is that I'm pretty sure that some of the cheesier stuff like this is geared to kids (because adults would ostensibly be, you know, doing stuff at night) who want to feel like they're watching sleazy adult fun.

(This also reminds me that the 80s seemed to have this particular brand of blonde big-tittied bimbo that I don't really see much anymore, maybe because such a persona would be deemed sexist nowadays. I mean, dumb blondes have been a thing forever, but it just seemed like ditzy blondes were everywhere in 80s media).

One that I think was actually geared to adults is that combination hosted movie/ cooking show thing TBS had for a while. I didn't really watch that one unless they were showing a particular movie I was interested in.

As for current TV, I know the Logo channel has some kind of hosted movie format thing with a couple of gay guys, a Kathy Griffin-type lady friend, and a girl in a low-cut minidress and high heels (could've been a drag queen but I honestly couldn't tell) lounging around talking about the movie and drinnking wine and whatnot. The time I watched they were showing Little Shop of Horrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread