Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
that freaking sucks. It'll be impossible to convince my mom to let me go to North Korea now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

je1 healthcare posted:

that freaking sucks. It'll be impossible to convince my mom to let me go to North Korea now.

it will probably make her more inclined to let you go, in hopes that you never come back.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

They're gonna send Caro in to extract him.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
He will be a proxy to pay for the sins of Rogen and Franco.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Do they call it a tossed kimchi in North Korea?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The U.S. is prepping Caro to infiltrate North Korea and rescue him as we speak.

Pawn 17 posted:

I thought some girl told him to steal a souvenir for her.

Maybe he'll get some pity sex out of this at least?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Oberleutnant posted:

Fixed that for ya.
Congratulations, you rephrased the exact thing I was saying?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

teardrop posted:

they've never kept any westerner for more than a year. after a few months they return them in return for financial concessions. the prisoner is treated well and kept very far away from actual north korean prisoners so they can tell the western media how nice things are in wonderful north korea. dude is probably scared straight tho

yeah, that's usually what happens. the fun part is that nobody will talk to him the entire time!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

donkey salami posted:

Do they call it a tossed kimchi in North Korea?

Yeah, he's pretty kimchi'd.

He's gonna get put in the ground is what I mean.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I wonder if he ever saw that episode of Hawaii Five-0 where they teamed up with Jimmy Buffett to infiltrate North Korea and save that guy?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
He gettin' butt-hosed, OP

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Alobar posted:

I didn't hear a single motherfucker say, "Hey let's go get him out, guys." Not one.

Not that I care, I'm just stating this as a matter of fact.

its actually a routine thing for the US state department in south korea. they have a whole division in seoul that works on getting americans out of poo poo (in south korea as well). sometimes they have to just pay for them, sometimes its part of a trade, sometimes they just threaten the poo poo out of them until they release them, but hardly any of that makes the news if ever. I am half korean and lived in korea so you can take my word for it (oh and my aunt lead this department in the 90's)

now how soon till he gets out is a matter of politics of course and largely out of anybody's hands

edit: and so we're all aware, north korea detains americans far more often than makes the news, however they arent usually charged and go to prison so that will make the news

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 14, 2016

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Booblord Zagats posted:

He gettin' butt-hosed, OP

at least they got tiny weenies right? :grin:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

its actually a routine thing for the US state department in south korea. they have a whole division in seoul that works on getting americans out of poo poo (in south korea as well). sometimes they have to just pay for them, sometimes its part of a trade, sometimes they just threaten the poo poo out of them until they release them, but hardly any of that makes the news if ever. I am half korean and lived in korea so you can take my word for it (oh and my aunt lead this department in the 90's)

now how soon till he gets out is a matter of politics of course and largely out of anybody's hands

frankly im going to be pissed if we spend any of my tax money is spent on getting him out. Like for real this is like being told "Hey dont jump into the lions den, it will gently caress you up, dont do it, its happened to every other idiot who has done it, dont do it" 10000x and then being like

"meh, imma jump into the lions den, also im going to gently caress with its cubs, because maybe I'll get laid"

gently caress this kid got what he deserved

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Congratulations, you rephrased the exact thing I was saying?

No u said smthing different mate

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i heard the US was going to save him but then they saw him cry like a little loving baby adn were like lmao nah son

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

edit: and so we're all aware, north korea detains americans far more often than makes the news, however they arent usually charged and go to prison so that will make the news

I'm wondering how the latest rounds of sanctions and the fact that the whole world is pissed off at NK is going to affect this. During "normal" periods when North Korean isn't threatening to nuke everyone the US usually buys them off with some oil/food/consumer goods, but given that relations are so bad right now, I could see the US just letting the guy stew there until the North Korean get sick of having to feed him.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

funkybottoms posted:

yeah, that's usually what happens. the fun part is that nobody will talk to him the entire time!

Eh, that priest that got arrested for hiding a bible basically had to hangout in a NK hotel room and watch TV with a handler for a year.

In the real NK prisons, prisoners secretly root through cow poo poo for undigested kernals to eat so they don't starve to death and compete to see who can rat out the most fellow prisoners for it to get tortured to death before they get ratted out themselves.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the good thing is he doesn't have to worry about prison rape because any would be rapists can't afford to expend the excess energy because they'll die from a lack of calories if they do so

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
hes gonna find out his true passion is jailhouse punk. he loves the 3 cm dix

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

maybe we will throw in some extra concessions so he can keep the poster

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Pawn 17 posted:

"mr. un...have you ever been in love?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Pawn 17 posted:

It was a total frat prank. He tried to steal a political banner or something to hang in his frat house.

• Locked thread