Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Disappointing Eliminated Team
This poll is closed.
Sixers 5 3.73%
Lakers 4 2.99%
Nets 1 0.75%
Suns 4 2.99%
Timberwolves 3 2.24%
Pelicans 20 14.93%
Knicks 1 0.75%
Bucks 8 5.97%
Kings 1 0.75%
Nuggets 2 1.49%
Magic 0 0%
Jazz 5 3.73%
Wizards 18 13.43%
Bulls 33 24.63%
I'm Happy My Team Missed The Playoffs 11 8.21%
Team Canada 18 13.43%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Carlosologist posted:

welcome all Clippers fans, this is karmic retribution for the DeAndre Jordan debacle last summer

That was fun though. Last summer was incredibly boring until that happened. I remember when Blake drove that Banana boat into the coast of Texas and then stole a chopper from a military base to save his best friend DeAndre Jordan to save him from the evil hands of the treacherous Mark Cuban.

All I'm wondering is how they're going to top it this year, Doc the GM gets fired? Barring that, how do the Clippers beef up their bench?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

does doc have any more kids

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

R.D. Mangles posted:

does doc have any more kids

his daughter plays volleyball

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Let's say Cleveland loses in the Finals again, and those rumors about him being happy about his fit with Love and Kyrie are true. If GM Lebron really wants to get his Olympics crew back together in the NBA...

The Knicks get the Nets' pick this year and next. (The Clippers would never do this but it's fun to think about)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think there's actually less chance the Clippers blow up now than there would be had they been healthy and run out by the Warriors. This is an acceptable reason to go home early.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Greetings Indiana.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
gently caress off pacers you don't deserve to fish

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hit that dab flounder

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

I wonder how many times that fish caromed off the side of the net before they got it in there.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hit that dab flounder
loving lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome Hornets fans as well.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Rick posted:

Welcome Hornets fans as well.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Ugh

Good post

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

PG loving loves to fish. Which is good, the fact that he's from bumfuck, CA instead of a big city has made him pretty comfortable here and more likely to stick around.

At the start of the season I figured this Pacer team was shoddily assembled and would be about .500 with a shot at the 8 seed. The hot start got everyone's expectations up, so it felt like a bummer the way the regular season finished, but it shouldn't have been. Losing the series sucks, but a lot of good things came out of it. PG showed the world that he is a star, he broke through the fatigue wall during the season and busted rear end in the playoffs. He's one of the best 2-way players in the game and if you disagree then go gently caress ya self. He also, for the first time really, stepped up as a leader of the team. This team has had some collapses over the years and West acted as leader by default. PG really came forward in that respect and it's very good for the long term. Myles Turner looks like a steal and has shown a ton of promise, especially with how his style fits in to the modern NBA.

For the bad, well the fact that the front office didn't extend Solo means that they can only offer him 2.3mil, and he will surely get more than that from someone. Not a world beater, but solid bench guys are probably worth 5 per with the new cap. Vogel is still poo poo offensively, but apparently this was the end of his contract and nobody realized it. We assumed he had one year left. If they retain him then they NEED to get an assistant who can run an offense. The team has enough room to sign a max player, but they will probably strike out on the top guys and end up extending Mahinmi and signing Mirza or someone like that. If that happens, it's 4th seeds for a couple years and PG opts out and leaves :(

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Eltoasto posted:

PG loving loves to fish. Which is good, the fact that he's from bumfuck, CA instead of a big city has made him pretty comfortable here and more likely to stick around.

At the start of the season I figured this Pacer team was shoddily assembled and would be about .500 with a shot at the 8 seed. The hot start got everyone's expectations up, so it felt like a bummer the way the regular season finished, but it shouldn't have been. Losing the series sucks, but a lot of good things came out of it. PG showed the world that he is a star, he broke through the fatigue wall during the season and busted rear end in the playoffs. He's one of the best 2-way players in the game and if you disagree then go gently caress ya self. He also, for the first time really, stepped up as a leader of the team. This team has had some collapses over the years and West acted as leader by default. PG really came forward in that respect and it's very good for the long term. Myles Turner looks like a steal and has shown a ton of promise, especially with how his style fits in to the modern NBA.

For the bad, well the fact that the front office didn't extend Solo means that they can only offer him 2.3mil, and he will surely get more than that from someone. Not a world beater, but solid bench guys are probably worth 5 per with the new cap. Vogel is still poo poo offensively, but apparently this was the end of his contract and nobody realized it. We assumed he had one year left. If they retain him then they NEED to get an assistant who can run an offense. The team has enough room to sign a max player, but they will probably strike out on the top guys and end up extending Mahinmi and signing Mirza or someone like that. If that happens, it's 4th seeds for a couple years and PG opts out and leaves :(

are you gonna blast rodney stuckey out of a cannon

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm looking forward to Frank Vogel, future Lakers assistant coach

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

are you gonna blast rodney stuckey out of a cannon

He has a cannonball figure, but no, I will get to watch him be poo poo and get paid 14 million more dollars.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Pacers can pay Solomon hill more than 2.3 as long as they're under the cap. That is just the limit of their bird rights.

Manstrocity
Apr 28, 2009
I got here as fast as I could. Has anyone made a Paul George/catfishing joke yet??

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Manstrocity posted:

I got here as fast as I could. Has anyone made a Paul George/catfishing joke yet??

Shamefully I think I had forgotten that happened.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/status/727529831542456320

:v:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can we just invite the Raptors now?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
No. One game.

This interview, MWP talks about the locker room drama and Luke Walton: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15454414

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am fully on board with Luke Walton because MWP endorses him. I have no more doubts.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/728466344190976000

:v:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

I love how he totally ignores the subject of playing Kobe for 30+ mpg in the beginning of the season when Kobe was historically terrible.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

gently caress off forever Byron Scott. Go be kobe's yes man.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Amazing

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
He's also still negging Russell.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
First Pelicans news of the off-season:

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/728656620461371392

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Have a man murdering some rims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6yOchuj01c

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This tweet explains basically most baffling coach moves.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Baxter Holmes posted:

If the pick falls out of the first three slots, it goes to the Philadelphia 76ers (who have since acquired the selection Los Angeles originally dealt to the Phoenix Suns for Steve Nash in 2012), and Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak is preparing as if that will happen.

“That’s how you have to plan, yes,” Kupchak said Friday at the team’s practice facility. “And I’m fine either way. I would love to have the pick. I want to keep the 32nd pick. But you have to look at it both ways, and if it doesn’t work out where we get the pick, we get the pick next year and we still have the ability to improve the team this summer.”

Same.

More about how he's superstitious and so is Jerry West: http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles...a-draft-lottery

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is on my list of profoundly stupid things that make me laugh every time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGz28E_Juyk

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Welcome, Atlanta.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

I stand with Hotlanta Man.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
I can't bag Atlanta too hard for this because the NBA is the only league they compete with NOLA in and consistently put out a better team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The last Eastern Conference player who was able to slow down Lebron was Roy Hibbert lol.

• Locked thread