Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Disappointing Eliminated Team
This poll is closed.
Sixers 5 3.73%
Lakers 4 2.99%
Nets 1 0.75%
Suns 4 2.99%
Timberwolves 3 2.24%
Pelicans 20 14.93%
Knicks 1 0.75%
Bucks 8 5.97%
Kings 1 0.75%
Nuggets 2 1.49%
Magic 0 0%
Jazz 5 3.73%
Wizards 18 13.43%
Bulls 33 24.63%
I'm Happy My Team Missed The Playoffs 11 8.21%
Team Canada 18 13.43%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Who wants to talk Timberwolves? I wanna talk Timberwolves.

So Sam Mitchell is out which is sorta bittersweet. He costs you Ws but the development of pretty much every player not named Adrien Payne has been spectacular. I was the guy who was saying (sort of tongue in cheek) that the Wolves will win 50 next year but that may or may not be a good thing. It'll depend on who they get.

When Joerger was looking like he was going to get canned he was my top choice. His teams play hard, he coaches good defense, he's from the area so he will get a lot of rope. I doubt Memphis jumps ship on him so soon. Thibs would be next, but I think he wants a team better prepared to win and a bigger market, he seems like the kind of guy who would prefer a bigger market.

I think Thibs has already reached out to indicate interest, and I'm not sure there's really a better "prepared to win" team out there either. The hang up with Thibs is going to be the salary (supposedly he wants upwards of 7 mil per year) and how much say he gets in personnel decisions.

Joerger is my first choice too, but who knows if he's close to being let go or not. His situation is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NickRoweFillea posted:

Please don't lure Dave Joerger away with the allure of shiny good rookies!

We're actually going to use the shiny good rookies AND the "hey you're from here" pitch :getin:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Timberwolves are interviewing Mark Jackson today :stonk:

:stonk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/bodl.mp4

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NickRoweFillea posted:

Very happy for the Wolves. Can someone please post that Porzingis version of the webm above

I got you fam

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/749d496018f411e58418af48a908340b.mp4

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Chicago Thibs hit pieces continue

quote:

With the controversy behind him and a future that’s envied by virtually every team not in the playoffs, former Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau embraced his introduction as Minnesota Timberwolves coach as a new beginning.

Of course, the smile was a little wider considering the title he’s also walking into the door with, as President of basketball operations. He’ll be able to create and establish his own culture as basketball czar, with comrade Scott Layden as general manager.

:lol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ramadu posted:

hell yeah! :hf: I actually laughed out loud there haha

also never forget this please

Technically wouldn't he already be inside the house in this picture?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Have a man murdering some rims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6yOchuj01c

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Why don't you think the team is sticking around?

Whiteside will probably chase money (and the Heat don't have an advantage there since they don't get bird rights) and Bosh might literally die if he plays again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kirios posted:

Can you blame him? He's going to get a max deal.

No, not at all. He can and should go chase the money. I was just saying why a Heat fan would think the team isn't sticking.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He's lucky he didn't run out of rocks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spacebump posted:

I'd be kind of shocked if P. Gasol signs in a smaller market. Last time he basically told KD he wouldn't go to OKC because they didn't have enough symphonies.

They do a mean 1812 overture though

• Locked thread