Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Is it loving David Furnis and Elton John or what?
All uk newspapers can't say who it is, and google has BLOCKED it

The way I found out was by searching the youtube comments section

gently caress censorship

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/12/sun-on-sunday-lodges-fresh-bid-to-overturn-celebrity-threesome-i/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Not in the public interest.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
From the OP's article:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If any of the above are involved then perhaps this information should be suppressed for public health reasons.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
Do you really want details of olive oil buttstuffin'? Expecially old men buttstuff?

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Jumpingmanjim posted:

From the OP's article:

how come good looking british people are good looking in a normal way, but ugly british people are always ugly in a freakish goblin way?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I may not want to know the gory details of Elton Bum's sex life but I demand the right to know it if I want to. Google can suck my dick (greased up in a paddling pool)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

so did something illegal happen or what I'm confused

you just wanna know if some random people had a threesome? wtf is wrong with you op

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE IN ENGLAND:

Why the English media could go to jail for reporting on the olive oil trysts of Elton John’s husband

It has gay threesomes, a Canadian, olive oil wrestling and one of Great Britain’s most legendary celebrities.

But while Americans, Scots and anybody with an internet connection can read the salacious details of Sir Elton John’s open marriage, a controversial injunction could put English and Welsh journalists in jail if they report the same.

“This is an absolute farce,” British MP Philip Davies, a member of the Commons’ justice select committee, told U.K. media.

The story, as reported last week in the New York-based National Enquirer, is that David Furnish, the Canadian husband of Sir Elton John, has carried on a lengthy affair with British businessman Daniel Laurence.

The three-page exposé detailed trysts in luxury hotels, threesomes and even a bout of olive oil wrestling, but despite Enquirer claims of Furnish’s “betrayal,” the whole affair appears to be in keeping with the couple’s open sexual relationship.

Nevertheless, before the story could hit the U.K. tabloid-sphere, John secured a court-ordered injunction barring any mention or his or Furnish’ names in English or Welsh media.

Before the Court of Appeal, lawyers for John argued that the couple had never courted publicity over their private life, and that releasing details of their sex life would be “devastating.”

Instead, English newspapers have merely attributed the story’s details to a “well known celebrity couple,” leaving thousands of Britons to journey online and solve the mystery on their own.

At times, the term “celebrity couple” could be seen trending suspiciously close to the terms “David Furnish” and “Elton John” on social media.

On Sunday, the couple’s names hit the pages of the Sunday Mail in Scotland, where newspapers are subject to a different legal system than in England or Wales.

“It is not about the stories they are trying to stop but the absurdity of trying to prevent a free press identifying them when the whole world already knows who they are,” read an accompanying editorial.

As British sources have noted, the consensual proclivities of David Furnish are generally of little interest to the mainstream British public. But the story has gained nationwide traction as a battle against a “draconian” pre-digital age law.

“Should press freedom be curtailed by the rich on the grounds that they don’t want their children to be embarrassed?” wrote blogger Paul Staines, who writes under the name “Guido Fawkes.”

Staines, who operates outside the jurisdiction of the injunction, joined the Sunday Mail in reporting the couple’s names, which as reported only as “PJS” and “YMA” in English media.

Privacy injunctions are a touchy subject in Great Britain, where they have been criticized as a tool for the rich and powerful to hide damning or even hypocritical details of their private lives.

In 2008, for instance, BBC presenter Andrew Marr obtained an injunction gagging fellow journalists from reporting on his affair with a female colleague.

In that case, Marr had obtained a “super-injunction” which, unlike the Furnish and John injunction, had barred British media from even mentioning than an injunction existed.

British reporters derided the measure as a “touch hypocritical,” and Marr later expressed embarrassment when the injunction came to light.

Should an injunction be broken by an English newspaper, they could be up on criminal contempt of court charges, which carry the possibility of jail time.

Even English or Welsh citizens who name John or Furnish on social media could be subject to prosecution.

There is one possible work-around to the law, however. If a member of the House of Commons were to mention Furnish and John’s names during a debate, they would be protected from prosecution by parliamentary privilege.

That was the case in 2011, when Liberal Democrat MP John Hemming named soccer player Ryan Giggs as having obtained an injunction to bar reporting on his alleged affair with a former Miss Wales.

“It’s absurd trying to hold back the flow of information in the digital age by using a court order that can only go as far as Hadrian’s Wall,” said Hemming, who lost his seat last, in response to the current publication ban.

Hadrian’s Wall, of course, is the island-girdling Roman-era stone wall constructed just south of the Scottish/English border.

An unnamed MP was reportedly planning to break the mystery surrounding the latest “celebrity couple”—until House of Commons speaker John Bercow announced a crackdown on any members looking to “breach the terms of any injunction/super injunction.”

In the past, celebrities have questioned the utility of an injunction since—as in the case of PJS/YMA affair—they merely serve to attract additional attention.

In 2011, Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson lifted an injunction that would have barred his ex-wife from writing about his personal life.

“Injunctions don’t work, they’re completely pointless and unbelievably expensive,” he told The Independent.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/why-the-english-media-could-go-to-jail-for-reporting-on-the-olive-oil-trysts-of-elton-johns-husband

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jumpingmanjim posted:

If any of the above are involved then perhaps this information should be suppressed for public health reasons.

Just read the story and maybe it should be run for public health reasons.

While children are being used as a shield, I'm inclined to go with the public interest here. The potentially damaging part of the story is not that middle aged men had a threesome and paddled around in olive oil.

The Enquirer reports that British businessman Daniel Laurence claims he had three encounters with Furnish, including one that involved “risky sex”. Elton’s lawyers deny Furnish had unprotected sex with Laurence. The unprotected sex allegation is particularly damaging because Furnish helps run Elton’s AIDS Foundation.

http://order-order.com/2016/04/11/lawyers-only-people-enjoying-celebrity-threesome/

Lolie fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 14, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Was it extra virgin olive oil?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

SirEvelynTremble posted:

gently caress censorship

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/12/sun-on-sunday-lodges-fresh-bid-to-overturn-celebrity-threesome-i/

Calm down, relax, go to the pub and have some ale, crisps, and chips, then put the leftovers in the boot of your car and bring them back to your flat to relax and enjoy later while watching soccer football

:hehe:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Why the gently caress would I want to see a bunch of pasty brits nail each other? It would be like watching two loaves of bread slowly bake into each other in the oven.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Maldoror posted:

Calm down, relax, go to the pub and have some ale, crisps, and chips, then put the leftovers in the boot of your car and bring them back to your flat to relax and enjoy later while watching soccer football

:hehe:

Thanks mate. I dropped my chips on the pavement, but a copper came and helped me pick them up

Censorship pisses me off even though my sexual identity wasn't turned into a meme by idiots

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

SirEvelynTremble posted:

gently caress censorship

It's David Cameron and two dead pigs

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

:siren:BEAKING NEWS:siren: gay people like loving

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

You've misunderstood, A "UK Gagging Order" is just one of the multiple sex acts that took place.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

criscodisco posted:

Why the gently caress would I want to see a bunch of pasty brits nail each other? It would be like watching two loaves of bread slowly bake into each other in the oven.

im masturb ating

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

lonesomedwarf posted:

im masturb ating

Having a wank eh? You cheeky blighter.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

"These famous rich gay men hosed eachother like crazy and then came everywhere. Unbelievable." -British ppl

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
New definition of fully furnished in urbandictionary is "greased up pasty Englishman"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Whatever happened with the massive pedophile ring

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
cor blimey

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

england still exists

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

"These famous rich gay men hosed eachother like crazy and then came everywhere. Unbelievable." -British ppl

"old elty jonny had a bit of the ol' greasy weasy pokey wokey? yer 'avin' a laugh, aintya? 23 skiddoo!" -brits

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Toadvine posted:

idk i still see adtrw in the forums list

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

lonesomedwarf posted:

"old elty jonny had a bit of the ol' greasy weasy pokey wokey? yer 'avin' a laugh, aintya? 23 skiddoo!" -brits

the prime minister isn't the only one handing out gag orders if you know what i mean

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

like elton jon told another guy to gag on his hairy balls is what i mean

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hell Yeah posted:

i imagine elton john shaves

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Hell Yeah posted:

I imagine he has tiny hairless balls, but he likes to put on a big 17th century french wig on them from time to time.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Telegraph posted:

The celebrity, identified only as PJS, won a banning order preventing publication of details of his sexual liaison after appeal judges ruled that his right to privacy outweighed the Sun on Sunday's right to publish its exclusive story.

A normal person wants privacy with something involving a celebrity :irony:

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I thought the uk banned gagging along with spanking and female squirting?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
its called havin' a shag, op

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Ricardo_Bald/status/718373313156943873

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
It was just a regular injunction though not a #superinjunction

Also it sounds pretty dumb

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The only time homo stuff like this should make the news is when one of the people doing homo stuff is a closeted politician or other notable public figure who does poo poo like campaigning to make homo stuff illegal.

In that case ya make it a big huge spectacle, otherwise nobody should care about any of this bullshit.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EvilJoven posted:

The only time homo stuff like this should make the news is when one of the people doing homo stuff is a closeted politician or other notable public figure who does poo poo like campaigning to make homo stuff illegal.

In that case ya make it a big huge spectacle, otherwise nobody should care about any of this bullshit.

if there wasnt a gag order nobody would give a gently caress lol

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
you'd think gay dudes would have heard of the streisand effect

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
hows that lack of a bill of rights treating you limeys :smug: :911:

Jose Mengelez posted:

you'd think gay dudes would have heard of the streisand effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I don't know who any of these people are except Elton John. I hope he had a good time or whatever.

• Locked thread