Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Applewhite posted:

I hate esports because my baby brother (24, living with my parents, unemployed) drags them up whenever I point out to him that playing videogames eighteen hours a day is a waste of time.

No he does not belong to an esports league or participate in any competitions that could lead to him being scouted by one.

his defense is both sad and funny, why cant people just admit they like video games without pretending it's a profitable business?

also watching dota is actually fun, but stop putting the nerd casters in suits and new glasses like it makes it a sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Nooner posted:

lol drat they have nerd casters? I might actually be interested in watching it if like they had Mike Tirico and John Gruden announcing just confused as gently caress but trying their hardest

i tried switching to a cs go tournament once and the game was pretty fun to watch but it would go to a panel of 4 guys, 3 of them literally clones of the same 30 year old fat guy in a suit with black rectangle glasses

the twitch chat was spamming too fast for my insults to ever be noticed and i am still furious i wasnt able to mock these idiot grown men

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Honestly, I made more money playing starcraft and had more people watch me play then my brother ever did at playing arena football. It doesn't take the physical side, thus it's an esport.

did you consider that people actually have to drive to, attend and maybe pay to see his games where yours is free internet tv for people with unlimited time

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Uhh, most esport live events aren't free? Have you seen pictures of a real event?

oh if you mean in person then you're gonna need to post your sc2 name because it sounds like you are relatively pro and famous if this is true, good job goon you made it

ArbitraryC posted:

Worlds (league of legends international finals) had more viewers than a lot of major sports broadcast last year, it's actually a surprisingly popular thing nowadays and this mostly just comes across as out of touch old man yelling at clouds kinda thing.

are you really going to pretend that both riot games and the chinese company that bought them out arent huge pieces of poo poo who have been proven to inflate all of these numbers massively with 'viewbots'?

extra stout fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 14, 2016

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
who was the pro dota guy who got fired from his team a few months ago for stalking women and messaging them on a second skype account saying 'i have sufficient bitcoins to do terrible things to you'

i am not making this up

• Locked thread