Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

gobbagool posted:

Belgians too. King Leopold did nothign wrong! But Bush and Cheney, those guys are assholes

Did Belgians not come up with the whole Hutsi and Tootoo thing in a divide and conquer scheme that worked a little bit too well?

To be fair, not to be all relavitist, but doing this kinda poo poo after everyone else figured out it isn't a thing to do is maybe something to condemn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mange Mite posted:

Don't worry if trends continue theyll be majority muslim in another 10 years and their economy will be destroyed by massive influxes of cheap labor and right wing politics

This is the way progressive securlism ends, not with a bang but a behead

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

gobbagool posted:

wow your little botique country built on oil wealth and 100% protected by the US military can afford to sit around and do nothing while you listen to awful death metal bands singing about how norway has 1000 words for snow but none for love

Pretty much. Thanks for buying our oil and protecting us and taking our retards and filling Minnesota with them and then importing our lovely metal.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

RobattoJesus posted:

Pretty much. Thanks for buying our oil and protecting us and taking our retards and filling Minnesota with them and then importing our lovely metal.

can I have a green card please? My skills are insurance selling (poor) and phone tech support

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

RobattoJesus posted:

The Music of Your People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u4TjM-5AxE

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

SurfaceDetail posted:

If a bunch of Euros came to visit the US. Where would you take them in the general area?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzj1OF7d9m4

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

www posted:

im sorry about you being stupid as gently caress lol

:a2m: its you, on the left lmao

you can talk in this thread when you're from a country not a bitchmade province :lol:

Applewhite posted:

Back in the 90's a woman from the recently ex-soviet union came to visited us as part of a cultural exchange and she had never seen a personal computer before. I showed her how to play Commander Keen (read: I played Commander Keen while she watched) and I remember her asking me why numbers appeared when I touched the candy items and I had to explain what "points" were.

this is fantastic

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

lmao nigga sound like baby mario floating away in the bubble "waah waahh waahhh wahhhhh" hahahahaha

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

whoflungpoop posted:

American: Look at the ruins of this fort! It's over FOUR HUNDRED YEARS OLD!
European: That's adorable :smug:

Take them on a cross country road trip across I-10 all the way to LA because Euros lack comprehension of vast distances like Americans lack comprehension of vast times

it certainly is tough to comprehend a road that goes for a long distance instead of quite a long distance but not as long a distance. what happens there?? where does the extra stuff come from. baffling stuff

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I could watch hours of this poo poo.

Aug 4, 2010

Mortimer posted:

:a2m: its you, on the left lmao

you can talk in this thread when you're from a country not a bitchmade province :lol:

thats not a very nice thing to say, please take it back

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

American: Look at the ruins of this fort! It's over FOUR HUNDRED YEARS OLD!
European: That's adorable :smug:

Take them on a cross country road trip across I-10 all the way to LA because Euros lack comprehension of vast distances like Americans lack comprehension of vast times

this is fair

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Nooner posted:

lmao nigga sound like baby mario floating away in the bubble "waah waahh waahhh wahhhhh" hahahahaha

to be fair you would probably sound like that too if you lived somewhere a hamburger cost $30 and it was winter 11 months a year

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

it really isn't considering its further from seville to Moscow than it is from new york to los angeles

maybe its americans that don't understand distance??

unless you mean loads of identical poo poo?? like a really loving boring road trip?? yeah we dont really have those

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Extremely so. My yankee cousin sometimes tells me he just finished a three day drive and I'm like where did you drive, to the loving moon?!

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

www posted:

thats not a very nice thing to say, please take it back

I didn't realize you were from Scotland. That's hilarious that you would make fun of the US. So which guy in Trainspotting is your hero?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I don't understand the whole "americans think 100 years is a long time, europeans think 100 km is a long distance" thing.

I get the second, but lol at the first part. Are there 100 year old french people who think they've just been born? Yeah it's historical time but what is there before 300 years ago that's worth mentioning? If you're not from greece or rome: ya ain't got poo poo.

Most of you euros were getting :a2m: by monarchs you retardedly thought were godkings or something. Britain didn't get a parliament until like 1700 and france got one a hundred years later. Germany wasn't even a country until the 1800's.

Props to france and russia though, they actually murdered their monarchs instead of allowing them to live in castles and keep all their money :wtc:

gobbagool posted:

I didn't realize you were from Scotland. That's hilarious that you would make fun of the US. So which guy in Trainspotting is your hero?

the one that does drugs

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

The US has legitimate culture,

lmao no we don't. We have some stuff we stole from the few black people we allowed to achieve some artistic success.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

RideTheSpiral posted:

what happens there?? where does the extra stuff come from.
The mountains come from your bad posts and the canyons from your mother's gaping regret

Aug 4, 2010

gobbagool posted:

bigsby is

Aug 4, 2010

but ppl from the east coast are loving cunts

Aug 4, 2010

cant loving stand them

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If I ever go to America I'm going to shoot guns, drive a stupidly big car, and eat far larger portions of food than I need while it still counting as a small and modest meal.

Mortimer posted:

Most of you euros were getting :a2m: by monarchs you retardedly thought were godkings or something. Britain didn't get a parliament until like 1700 and france got one a hundred years later.

For something that didn't exist until 50 years later parliament sure did a pretty good job of killing the king for trying to reduce their power in 1649. Parliament itself is really young but similar institutions have existed since the at least the 13th century.

I think the idea of that prhase is more that things tend to be older. Like the city of London has been around for almost two thousand years and it isn't even that old compared to a lot of places around the Mediterranean. There were of course people in most of America for just as long but the Europeans were kind enough to exterminate most of them which makes it pretty hard to learn their history.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 14, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I'd bring them to a titty bar.
What else do you need.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

RideTheSpiral posted:

it really isn't considering its further from seville to Moscow than it is from new york to los angeles

maybe its americans that don't understand distance??

unless you mean loads of identical poo poo?? like a really loving boring road trip?? yeah we dont really have those

yeah driving seville to moscow you can see all different types of collapsing civilizations

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I was kinda hoping somebody got nuked

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

gobbagool posted:

yeah driving seville to moscow you can see all different types of collapsing civilizations

Whereas in America you just get to see one. :(

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

FreudianSlippers posted:

If I ever go to America I'm going to shoot guns, drive a stupidly big car, and eat far larger portions of food than I need while it still counting as a small and modest meal.

You can do all that in my 2000 sq ft deck (attached to a 4000 sq ft house!) and on my range in the back 20. PM me if you're ever here, it'll be grilled burgers and brats, good beer and shoot till we run out of ammo, which will be a really long time

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

gobbagool posted:

its all one big diverse civilisation friend. no need to treat it like a competition

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SurfaceDetail posted:

A bunch of Euro friends from a Study Abroad trip came to visit the US.

I took them to major cultural centers in the US. Disney was the most popular one. But I also took them to the Harn museum of Art and the Natural History Museum right next to it. Had a bunch of cool stuff on gators. Art museum was all Asian art.

Next we went over to St. Augustine to visit the cool old Spanish Fort there. Most of it is made out of coral. The beds were REALLY Tiny!! People were so short back then.

I also took them to 5 guys.

If a bunch of Euros came to visit the US. Where would you take them in the general area?

The Natural History Museum is legit the best tourist place in Gainesville.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

RobattoJesus posted:

Whereas in America you just get to see one. :(

if you think that Spain, Italy, Russia, hell most of Europe that isn't NW or Nordic, are in the same economic tier as the US, then Im afraid your homeschool education has failed you

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

whiteyfats posted:

Good idea, I bet natural history museums are not pretty much the same everywhere you go, considering the subject matter.

Maybe take them to see something they never seen, like a zoo. You got aliens and stuff in your america zoos right?

how me a frog fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 14, 2016

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

gobbagool posted:

if you think that Spain, Italy, Russia, hell most of Europe that isn't NW or Nordic, are in the same economic tier as the US, then Im afraid your homeschool education has failed you

gdp is king. gently caress yeah look at the loving epic gdp of my badass country

*shits pants *

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

whiteyfats posted:

Yea it kicks rear end. I Try to go once a year to see whats new

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Probably the biggest wtf for me when I visited nevada was seeing >2 liter bottles of vodka sitting on the shelf in a walmart. Then later seeing guns being sold at the same walmart.

It was the largest individual container of alcohol I had ever seen and it was just sitting in the middle of a walmart, not even in a liquor store.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

RideTheSpiral posted:

its all one big diverse civilisation friend. no need to treat it like a competition

You claim to be a historian, but I think you may have missed the literal central theme of history

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

America is pretty wasteful with space. It's huge as gently caress yet only has 300 or so people while Europe somehow manages to fit 700+ million people, who all hate each other with a fiery passion and were until fairly recently constantly trying to kill each other, into an area the size of a postage stamp.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

gobbagool posted:

You claim to be a historian, but I think you may have missed the literal central theme of history

im ready

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

America is pretty wasteful with space. It's huge as gently caress yet only has 300 or so people while Europe somehow manages to fit 700+ million people, who all hate each other with a fiery passion and were until fairly recently constantly trying to kill each other, into an area the size of a postage stamp.

It's cool, we are unified now in our hatred for the dumb EU telling us how bent our banana can be. loving bureaucrats in Brussels!

Also sometimes they use ARE TAX DOLLERS for Italy or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"lol americans dont know european geography what a bunch of retards"

*literally cannot find any state other than texas and california*

*finds mexican food disgusting*

*is a retard*

• Locked thread