Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

panko posted:

boat arc has tested the faith of even the strongest togashi likers. I remain a pariston partisan but have resigned myself to the fact that the best we’re going to get any time soon is a block of a dozen chapters and then another multi-year hiatus

The boat arc whips you're crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Who is going to be the Sentinel function

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Apparently this game lets you burn red life for a hit of pseudo-x-factor, which you can stack on top of actual x-factor

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think he just means that for every batch of 10 chapters we got from the boat arc, there has been on average like 1.5 to 2 years of hiatus between them.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

the arc started in 2012, isn’t even a third of the way through, and is filled with pages that are just walls of text of irrelevant scrubs plotting against each other like this one

sure nobunaga and the new guy got to kick rear end and solve a nen puzzle but the latest chapter came out in december 2022

hell even the hisoka vs chrollo fight happened before trump got elected. hxh kicks rear end but yeah unless someone other than togashi takes the reins we’re not going to see the dark continent within our lifetimes

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
What is it with manga and multi-year-long boat trips?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

panko posted:

the arc started in 2012, isn’t even a third of the way through, and is filled with pages that are just walls of text of irrelevant scrubs plotting against each other like this one

sure nobunaga and the new guy got to kick rear end and solve a nen puzzle but the latest chapter came out in december 2022

hell even the hisoka vs chrollo fight happened before trump got elected. hxh kicks rear end but yeah unless someone other than togashi takes the reins we’re not going to see the dark continent within our lifetimes

Yeah it whips you're crazy

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I guess your nen style is projection?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Would you recommend the manga or the anime for new nenheads

Anime, 100%. It justifies itself well beyond just being an adaptation of a good manga.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The anime is genuinely the most complete HxH experience you're going to get. It builds up an ending, hits the ending, and while it doesn't wrap up every plot point HxH probably was never going to do that anyway.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
for people mystified over "the bankruptcy guy" here's a perfect explanation of his powers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6_V2ccLumM

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Knuckle owns so hard because he looks like he's going to be a huge dumb meathead and no dude's power is loving accounting.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Knuckle owns so hard because he looks like he's going to be a huge dumb meathead and no dude's power is loving accounting.

He's a loan shark. Which also works with his visual design.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://twitter.com/Blackwings55/status/1783568082449121613

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

that is an 8ing rear end game, also watching it makes me realize despite hearing about hunter x hunter for years and years I know basically nothing about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hes barely thrown a punch but they should make pariston playable imo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
i don't actually know much about hxh really but pariston makes me laugh and cheadle is cute

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

if they are real ones they’ll give meruem the bison slide

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/1783440122308096212

Justin still can't parry....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/3FrameJad/status/1783613050861265194

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Oh that was sexy as hell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the kamen rider fighting games kick rear end. dragon knight is a game with frame 1 throws and no throw tech so 'blocking a jab' becomes a 50/50 situation

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
8ing good imo

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Weird Pumpkin posted:

that is an 8ing rear end game, also watching it makes me realize despite hearing about hunter x hunter for years and years I know basically nothing about it

e: Ah I Got beaten, whatever its so good it deserves to be posted twice

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:discourse: About the only thing I liked from Kabuto was the Clock Up fight sequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I feel like I've learned so much about hunter x hunter in the last page and a half

In the gameplay video it looks like one of the supers makes the main guy, gon I guess, get tall and have hair that puts paul to shame and that seems pretty neat, I'm guessing that's like.. a super saiyan kinda thing?

I'm not super into the designs other than the suit guy looks pretty cool so I'm not sure it's for me, but it's cool to see an actual full on versus style tag game coming out