Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Slayer would be cool but I've seen people point out that Season 3 hasn't had any new characters so I kinda doubt it.

some people have suggested sharon (his wife) and thatd be a really funny reversal thatd fit the themes of strive. shes immortal (which is why slayer can drain her dry in his intros) and theres a random ending where eddie basically explodes after trying to take her over instead of zato, so itd be neat to get more info on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

My pie in the sky, almost certainly not happening hope is still Gabriel because he's cool or Daryl because that would be extremely funny, but I'll accept Dizzy.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don’t know much about ABA but that Key Dude looks like he very much does not want to be there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

I don’t know much about ABA but that Key Dude looks like he very much does not want to be there.
iunno he looks into it to me

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Men will say "hear me out" and show you the most conventionally attractive woman you have ever seen (she's a little tired). Women will say "hear me out" and post a picture of a key with its mouth sewn shut.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/ScruffyTurtles/status/1770619679666745509

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

chumbler posted:

My pie in the sky, almost certainly not happening hope is still Gabriel

:hmmyes:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Kinda cool to see how the key isn't a demon in its new form but looks like it's falling apart, also maybe our first character who isn't on a road to redemption/self acceptance/chillin which had been strives main theme so far

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

loving around in DNF Duel has actually gotten me figuring out motion inputs on a DS4 for once. I still prefer simple inputs but I can do a DP motion semi-reliably now which is nice if I ever want to get back into Strive.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I am boycotting GG until Slayer is released :colbert:. It's definitely not because I have too many other games, both fighting and not, to play.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ok, after playing some sets of DNF against a friend, I think I can safely say this: if I ever run into a character as annoying as Swift Master in another fg I'm just going to immediately uninstall.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Ok, after playing some sets of DNF against a friend, I think I can safely say this: if I ever run into a character as annoying as Swift Master in another fg I'm just going to immediately uninstall.

I've got bad news and good news.

Bad News: Such characters do exist.

Good News: Hitman and Brawler are also in DnF duel, so you can kill a lotta birds with one stone.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
just downpatch dnf to 1.0 and play vs that version of swift, it's a lot more reasonable

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pyrus Malus posted:

just downpatch dnf to 1.0 and play vs that version of swift, it's a lot more reasonable

Don't lie to me I know that I fought him post-nerf wtf was this game like at launch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Her hair turned from red to green because of copper corrosion...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally, a Keyblade user.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Finally, a Keyblade user.

"finally"? pffff. smash had one first!!!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ibblebibble posted:

Don't lie to me I know that I fought him post-nerf wtf was this game like at launch

if you ever blocked him with less than 100 mp he could tod you with a gapless guardbreak string lol

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

if you ever blocked him with less than 100 mp he could tod you with a gapless guardbreak string lol

lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

gently caress I love eighting

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Also his Wind Belt lasted forever and didn’t gimp his MP recovery and let him win neutral from basically anywhere on the screen. Anyways, this is your daily reminder DNF duel is cool and good

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

launch swiftmaster was like if injustice 1 superman moved like chipp while also having a free version of vergil spiral swords and zero's charged buster was put into a street fighter game

also whatever the gently caress wind orb is, that move is completely insane beyond all belief and autowon matchups vs literally like 2/3rds of the cast

he's actually one of the few examples of a genuine god tier char in a modern fg i think

and i don't count launch labcoat 21 here, even though she was banned b/c her relative strength vs. the rest of the cast was still not at that level of obscene, she just slowed the game down so much that having her active in tournaments made them run 4-12 hours slower in an already slow game

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 22, 2024

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I feel like Strive is maybe the best looking game ever made.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I picked swift master in 1.0 and definitely encouraged many other people to uninstall.

The time stop dude was super cool too. Lost Warrior.

I still like it more than strive but we don't even set it up at locals anymore and haven't for months. I like kusoge but it's not as fun in a modern game for some reason, especially to the guys who don't know to expect this level of unfair bullshit going on

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Maybe it didn't help that I picked Dragon Knight because she looked cool, I feel like she might be the most honest fighter in DNF.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Launch crusader is the only character that has ever caused my other fighting game friends to stop playing a game, even if he got solved as the meta went on, that wall was just such an insane tool, tracking combo starting instant projectile that created a corner to lock people in, that poo poo was maniacal.

Man I kinda want to boot up DNF Duel again

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

ColdPie posted:

I feel like Strive is maybe the best looking game ever made.

Same, but Uni 2. Gorgeous drat pixels.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It feels really bad not having any time to play during weekdays and just getting rocked when I can play during the weekend because everyone I go against has time to practice but I don't.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ibblebibble posted:

Maybe it didn't help that I picked Dragon Knight because she looked cool, I feel like she might be the most honest fighter in DNF.

DK was one of the few characters who could go for real high/low mix

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Fellas, could you bring ABBA home to your parents?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

For being a homonculus, she sure is displaying heteronculus behavior

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

https://youtu.be/g1Dey0kEeTI

Vane trailer just dropped, he looks really fun

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

He looks like he has a Soriz armor thing, but it seemed like he was just straight up getting hit rather than a specific armored move. It'll be interesting to find out what that's supposed to be, maybe some fakeout thing where he goes into an oh no I'm getting hit fake stance or something?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think he just has super armor tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like in general

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Strive Season 4 confirmed. Also a teaser for the final Season 3 character, might be Slayer?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

All the "Slayer when?" guys got their wish.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the teaser had bats in it and then the camera crew cut to a guy in slayer cosplay so yea its slayer

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

They trimmed his hair shelf (the out for the cowards) but it looks like he has a nice flip to his hair now so he's gonna look real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

And out in May. That's a pretty quick turnaround.