Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

JiveHonky posted:

Jodorowsky sucks but keep passing that kool aid around

the joke was either going to be Herzog or Jodorowsky and I settled on the latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
The japanese now believe in white supremacy just like 1950's america, and they show it in their comics and cartoons.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Applewhite posted:

Because the Japanese respect strength above all else, and the Americans gave them the most epic asskicking that was ever delivered to any country in the history of the human race. We are to them what black men are to little white men with a cu*k fetish.

white man in high-ranking military regalia presses red button. on monitor, we see a mushroom cloud rise from hiroshima and we know that the war is over. camera slowly refocuses to foreground, where a black man is bending the white man's wife over a desk and she's loving it

Snake Toddler
Jan 11, 2016

yeah get this human troll out of my special sexy anime

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If the filmmakers are smart, they'll shoot this less like an epic fantasy and more like Dredd. Picking the guy who did snow white bodes ill, IMO.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dr Cheeto posted:

Johannson is good but why Hollywood gotta cast a white person as "Motoko Kusinagi"?

your culture has just been revoked, its ours now even though i dont know anyone who even knows what the gently caress this anime thing is

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i didnt read the thread but looking forward to seeing scarlett johansson's tits in gits

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Even though I'm a GITS fan, is it okay if I rage at hollywood if they don't get scarlett johannson naked? She wouldn't be my choice for kusanagi, but hey at least I'll get something out of it.

naem
May 29, 2011

I thought drugs were bad but the movie "Lucy" taught me that not only are drugs good but they give you magic powers?? Haha don't lure me back to your good cave scralean job handen

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

naem posted:

I thought drugs were bad but the movie "Lucy" taught me that not only are drugs good but they give you magic powers?? Haha don't lure me back to your good cave scralean job handen

Oh god, please don't bring up Lucy again.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
For anyone who hasn't read the manga, a summary...

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Say Nothing posted:

whoa buddy spoiler that poo poo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Say Nothing posted:

Same

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Thread bad. Movie bad. Destroy thread. Destroy movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My dick reading the first four pages of this thread (under the skin spoilers)

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I just hope this movie Kusanagi is more like the manga Kusanagi than the SAC one., meaning sassy as hell and having hot lesbian sex whenever not on duty.

Also I want to know the casting of other roles. Aramaki, Batou, Ishikawa and Togusa at least. In short,

Dr Cheeto posted:

Switching to autistic mode

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

there are also 4 avatar sequals in the works too

No one wants these movies. Go back to filming the Titanic in cool mini subs instead.

Applewhite posted:

If the filmmakers are smart, they'll shoot this less like an epic fantasy and more like Dredd. Picking the guy who did snow white bodes ill, IMO.

Sup Dredd liking buddy. :hfive:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Why aren't the Wachowski Brothers Siblings Starship Sisters directing this???

Transhumanism & Anime: This is LITERALLY the ONLY movie I'd trust them to make at this point.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Why aren't the Wachowski Brothers Siblings Starship Sisters directing this???

haHA, sick

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I actually have no idea what Ghost in the Shell is, I've only seen it mentioned by nerds on forums.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

nooneofconsequence posted:

I actually have no idea what Ghost in the Shell is, I've only seen it mentioned by nerds on forums.

it's actually goats in the shell

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

you p much have the gist

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Look there's a simple question that will solve all of this. Is Scarlett Johansson incredible math?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Say Nothing posted:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
It's okay, we're owed after the Phoenix Wright movie featured all Asian people.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Don't get your hopes up nerds, but all your favourite japanese anime characters will be replaced with white people, starting with GITS, because hollywood knows they are the superior race.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

e: wrong thread

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Was rinko kukuchi busy

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

she is hot and I want to have sex with her

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Junior Jr. posted:

Don't get your hopes up nerds, but all your favourite japanese anime characters will be replaced with white people, starting with GITS, because hollywood knows they are the superior race.

hollywood only gives half of a poo poo about american audiences because they make a killing in china and lol if you think chinese audiences are going to go for a japanese/african american cast

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
They aren't totally insensitive. I'm sure they'll have her squint and not be able to pronounce her "L"s. Maybe give her buck teeth too, as a nod to the source material.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
ghost in the shell is an anime about a haunted crab

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
ah yes, let me call up my friends the Coen Brothers and ask them to direct my live action anime

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Junior Jr. posted:

They're all white to begin with anyways. Maybe like 1 in 1000 anime characters are drawn to look Asian.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

looking at my friends' facebook feeds it appears that i'm supposed to be mad at this to signal the correct virtues, but it seems like scarjo would be just fine as a naked android?

that's all i remember from gits, she was a android and they contrived to have her run around with her tits out because something something stealth field wouldn't work otherwise or something

but i mean her character in beneath the skin was p. robotic and showed tits so i think she can do it.

a sophomore director coming off a really garbage movie is probably something bigger to worry about

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

from the title i thought she did something to piss off some british dudes

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Laputanmachine posted:

I just hope this movie Kusanagi is more like the manga Kusanagi than the SAC one., meaning sassy as hell and having hot lesbian sex whenever not on duty.

Also I want to know the casting of other roles. Aramaki, Batou, Ishikawa and Togusa at least. In short,

Kitano "Beat" Takeshi is playing Aramaki and Pilou Asbęk, Euron Greyjoy from "GoT", is playing Batou. I've seen an article that said that Chin Han, the Chinese banker from The Dark Knight, is playing someone in Section 9 and an African, Tawanda Manyimo, and an Aboriginal-Australian, Lasarus Ratuere, were also cast as members.

For others, Michael Pitt has been said to be Kuze, but also cast as the Laughing Man, which makes me think they're smashing SAC and 2nd GIG plotlines together. Juliette Binoche and Michael Wincott are also said to have critical roles.

Otisburg posted:

that's all i remember from gits, she was a android and they contrived to have her run around with her tits out because something something stealth field wouldn't work otherwise or something

a sophomore director coming off a really garbage movie is probably something bigger to worry about

She doesn't run around naked, she wears a pale bodysuit similar in tone to that one guy's overcoat that also turns invisible. It happens that her skin color is pretty pale as well, so people didn't catch it (as well as Oshii putting bloom on everything, literally blurring the lines). This is Nausicaa's tights all over again.

But enough of that 20 year argument, but them smashing storylines together is what's concerning me. It's going to result in a confusing mess. One of the strengths of the source material is that it was largely episodic and you could pull one self-contained story and blow that up into a feature-length film (which was done for the second Oshii movie).

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 15, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

notZaar posted:

They're all white to begin with anyways. Maybe like 1 in 1000 anime characters are drawn to look Asian.

nah, you are just seeing what you expect. the japanese see all those racially ambiguous characters as japanese. honkies see them as white. even if a given character has blond hair and blue eyes, unless they specifically say it is a filthy gaijin you are supposed to assume that they are asian. various neon pigmentations are also considered natural for anime asians. except for se asians of course- they always look like mexicans for some reason.

anime is weird, yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Serious Frolicking posted:

anime is weird, yo.

• Locked thread