Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't Cartoon Brew the blog that used to unironically defend racist WB cartoons from the 40s? They sure made a big 180.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Junior Jr. posted:

Don't get your hopes up nerds, but all your favourite japanese anime characters will be replaced with white people, starting with GITS, because hollywood knows they are the superior race.

They're all white to begin with anyways. Maybe like 1 in 1000 anime characters are drawn to look Asian.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Serious Frolicking posted:

nah, you are just seeing what you expect. the japanese see all those racially ambiguous characters as japanese. honkies see them as white. even if a given character has blond hair and blue eyes, unless they specifically say it is a filthy gaijin you are supposed to assume that they are asian. various neon pigmentations are also considered natural for anime asians. except for se asians of course- they always look like mexicans for some reason.

anime is weird, yo.

Hmmm no I'm pretty sure they're all white. I don't know why the Japanese seem to be ashamed of their phenotype but maybe it explains why so much of anime is so gat dang weird.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Is that Gene Reno? He looks chubby.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

That is like the exact opposite facial expression, tiny eyes big mouth.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Prettz posted:

Absolutely. It's actually my favorite TV show ever.

Maybe you should try watching something other than cartoons if a sophomoric sci fi anime about a police officer in lingerie is your favorite TV show.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Is her name really 'Scarlet'? That's the name of a color. Stupid as hell..

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really glad that Akira adaption got scraped. That is the only genuinely great anime movie that's not Ghibli work.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

It's funny but I don't really get what he's trying to parody. I mean when they did The Lion King they didn't add a bunch of CW teen poo poo to it so what is his point really?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

A serious sci fi property worthy of the highest respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Why when it's just starting to get good?

Phat asses and sci fi go together like chocolate and peanut butter, with a rich tradition dating back to the origins of the genre.

Yeah it's true that this is shlock garbage for horney boys, like most sci fi.

• Locked thread