Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Do you think I'll get a cute otaku wife if I play ragnarok online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i think those make up a third of the playerbase

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
highlight of my RO days: getting a hydra card drop

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Smoking Crow posted:

Do you think I'll get a cute otaku wife if I play ragnarok online

Yeah, but she's gonna be 3D.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

I have a friend who wants to play RO because of netoge

I once kinda wanted to play RO because of Xration.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Tree of Savior is basically the same deal.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I'm ashamed to admit my WoW account got hacked due to what I'm sure was a phish. My work-friend called me and asked if I was still playing the game after i quite. I logged in and changed my password. The hacker used my same password,so I was able to grab my account back.

Ultimately, I made out with about 15K gold and all my items the hacker sold back in my inventory. Blizzard did well by me. I also gained a few levels. Free.

I now use an RSA-style token and use two-factor authentication for all my login activities. Fortunately, I don't have to two-factor auth every time I connect, but I can't do anything major without the token.

I highly recommend the second factor for all gamers.

I'm mainly playing Hearthstone right now, but I'll re-up for WoW when the new expansion comes out. (If for no other reason than to get flying in whatever new zones they make)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

The censoring was pretty authentic. If things go wrong more and more words in chat get censored. lmao

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
An episode with all of the girls and no Nishimura/Rusian including a bath scene. Please prepare accordingly.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Multiple persons using a single character to chat? Yeah, I know that feeling of confusion.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the episode was pretty meh jokewise, i liked

and the yaranaika moon tho

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
That was a pretty lame episode, but I liked the Nietzsche reference. I believe Master was reading one of his books in the studying scene.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i had to look this up, maybe it's funnier if you're a veteran j-memer.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

This show really educates you on those obscure Japanese memes.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

brainwrinkle posted:

That was a pretty lame episode, but I liked the Nietzsche reference. I believe Master was reading one of his books in the studying scene.

I can't tell if they intentionally spelled it wrong or just thought the "z" sound in Böse was supposed to be a Z.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Triggerhappypilot posted:

This show really educates you on those obscure Japanese memes.

What Japanese memes did they show?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

What Japanese memes did they show?

ill steal someone elses post for this
Here's this week's little comedic jabs:

The main one is this scene when Ako screams something along the lines of :

Andaa gittan disukaa!?

Ako is actually trying to say, "Are you betraying me !?" in this scene. This is actually a 12-year-old meme, specifically from a tokusatsu (superhero) live action series called Kamen Rider Blade in 2004. The actual meme phrase is:

Onduru ruragittan disukaa!?

It's a fan-made language called "Ondul Language" or "Ondulish," which stems from bad enunciation by the actor of the protagonist -- Kazuma Kenzaki -- when he was getting beat up by the antagonist in episode 1, with his ally watching and not helping. He questions if his ally has really turned his back on him.

"Hontou ni uragittan desuka!?"
(Have you really betrayed us!?)

...was the actual phrase, but the actor's poor pronunciation produced this meme.

Here is the (in)famous scene, with the phrase being at the very, very end. The franchise has embraced the meme, using it as subtle jokes in later series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgoIAdJN80A

In fact, that video has another famously meme'd line:

Naze miterun desu!!
(Why are you watching!!)

If someone frequents Japanese boards or comments, they'll see this phrase often when a character is just watching when something is happening, using the characters: ナズェミデルンディス!!

Other than that, they're all just pretty subtle comedic parodies.

Here is the pork reading a book who's title is: "Buront Words You Want To Say Out Loud."

Buront-ism is another internet "language" that was popularized by a poster on 2ch called Buront (simple enough). He had very unusual phrases with a brash attitude, and that made him, as well as his way with words, quite popular.

When you see phrases like:

"Kita! Tate kita!" "Main tate kita!" "Korede katsuru!"
(He's here! The tank/shield is here! The main tank/shield is here! We're going to win now!)

and

Kitanai sasuga ninja kitanai.
(Dirty. As expected from a ninja. Dirty.)

...you can be sure that the origin came from this Buront, who was a fan of FF11 and Guilty Gear.

there was a bleach reference too

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like how she wears sleeves without a shirt. what a classy lady.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Xfp8NY-q8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZj_Nyk3pQ&t=173s

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The fact that this game exists is both expected, yet boggles my mind. Particularly because Kirino from Oreimo is a playable character as well as one of the girls from RyoKyuBu

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This epi is light vindication against cash whales.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Run away! Run away!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Sov war is suffering.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Schwein's really gotta go in that picture.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Schwein is fine.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Schwein is fine.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I like Master the most

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
so when do these dorks run into goonswarm

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Tarezax posted:

I think they just did.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think they just did.

Eh, more like PL than Goonswarm, honestly.

For one thing, they were competent at their game.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Kytrarewn posted:

Eh, more like PL than Goonswarm, honestly.

For one thing, they were competent at their game.

He meant either the guild that agreed to help because it was fun or the Neko Princess Guard. Either of them could kinda quality as "Goons" for different reasons. I'm leaning towards the former.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

It would be fun to see wallenstein castle get rushed by a bunch of newbies with basic armor.

e: Kind of like this but scaling the castle walls

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 18, 2016

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Nah goonswarm is only western games. Even goontang clan is only for english releases of asian games. The closest you'll find on a japan server is your occasional gaudy looking character speaking only in emojis and "i am gay".

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PvP is for jerks.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Nah goonswarm is only western games. Even goontang clan is only for english releases of asian games. The closest you'll find on a japan server is your occasional gaudy looking character speaking only in emojis and "i am gay".

There are exceptions like Phantasy Star Online 2 but it's usually the norm. Would still be fun if they utilized the swarm tactics of jamming their meat grinder with our bones.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

a kitten posted:

PvP is for jerks.

nah its cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
maybe the main characters should have tried not being worthless pubbie scum?

• Locked thread