Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You know

That doujin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I hope Ako can get over her fantasy prone personality disorder

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She shouldn't call others normies when she's awful at the video game tbh

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Why is the pay2win guild leader called Master instead of Apricot.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

I'm going to write a strongly worded e-mail because I don't think normies is a literal translation

I'd rather they use normie than "normalfag" like the guys who translated the manga did.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wow a wand, thats weak poo poo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

tbf her having an actual knife would make the whole club advisor thing significantly more awkward even if it would line up better with old japanese internet urban legends

It was only a fake knife, but yeah, I could see the argument in favor of the wand misunderstanding.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

On the other hand

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I have decided I prefer the stupid toy wand from than anime over the fake knife from the LN/Manga. It may be something done to tone down the violent imagery, but it's better at showing Ako's weird disconnect from reality and her inability to separate it from the in-game world.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why does Pink hair suddenly like Rusian? Assuming she's the new character.

Spoilers for future events that haven't happened yet she doesn't, she was just jealous that Schwein and the others were having fun secretly.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The anime is moving at a really nice speed. They've basically adapted everything the manga has covered so far, so I have no idea what's gonna happen from now on...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

One thing they did cut was that, in addition to the shooter, they also played some sort of Monster Hunter MMO while trying to avoid Sette. It featured them getting owned by the starter monster, Master pay2win shenanigans, and also the teacher does this:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Who in their right mind would think "normalfags" would be a great interpretation.

Despite the word itself being dumb, translating "riajuu" to normalfag isn't entirely contrived. Since "riajuu" itself is a phrase used on 2chan, translators went with the version of the phrase used on the english version of 2chan, AKA 4chan.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

she was making a joke about how she doesnt want to do anything except play games!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

jobs are for normies!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The cute, dumpy wife

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

LA is supposed to be Ragnarok Online. The title screen is literally Prontera from RO

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I saw the cockblock coming but I'm satisfied anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hisasi

Anime

Manga

• Locked thread