Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Henchman of Santa posted:

Holy Christ, for sheer volume of poo poo that didn't happen, this is unbeatable. Does anyone have the responses to this? Does this guy still post here?

HypeTelecon kept posting for years, usually in the IT threads. No idea if he's still around though.

I had the original thread bookmarked a couple of computers back, and it's killing me that I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

ibntumart posted:

e: More content! Don't think this one has popped up before:

What an utterly disgusting human being. I don't care if it's STDH, why the hell would anyone make that poo poo up? All it does is make him look like a complete and utter creep.

Anyway, content! I'm sure this has been posted in every iteration if this thread in the past, but I love it!

NAR posted:

More Buffoon Than Buff
RETAIL | GA, USA | COWORKERS, LAZY/UNHELPFUL, THEME OF THE MONTH, TOP
(During the holidays we hire extra help. This happens on Black Friday with a guy who doesn’t work much because, as he puts it, he is “too hot and buff” to work hard. He doesn’t like to listen to me because I’m a female, even though I’m his manager. We’re in the back of the store.)

Me: “Hey, [coworker], since you left your post in the dressing room, you need to go help out with the registers.”

Coworker: “No.”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Coworker: “No! This is stupid. You’re just jealous because I’m so hot and I’m totally buff and you just don’t like that I’m working here!”

Me: “Actually, I don’t like that you’re working here because you’re useless and lazy. You have two options here, and only two: either go to the front and run the register, or I’ll clock you out and you can go home.”

Coworker: “You can’t do that!”

Me: “Yes, actually I can. What you can’t do is behave this way and think it’s acceptable. ”

Coworker: “You’re just being a b**** because I’m hot, and you’re ugly!”

Me: “You’re going home. I’m also going to be talking to the owners about your attitude and how useless you are around the building. So, go home… you’ll be more useful away from the store.”

Coworker: “You can’t do that!”

Me: “Again, yes I can.”

Coworker: “You people are just jealous that I’m the hottest person in here! This store is staffed with fug-os! Between you, fatty mclarda**, and that dude with the messed up face, you’re all ugly and jealous of my hotness!”

(Note the two coworkers he’s talking about have overheard and are upset. The girl he’s called fat is trying to lose weight, and the guy has terrible burn scars on his face from a fire he suffered as a child. They both are uncomfortable and upset. Thankfully, the store owner is in the store and comes over.)

Owner: *to my coworker* “You’re fired.”

Coworker: “Who the h*** do you think you are, old man? You can’t fire me!”

Owner: “I’m the owner, not only can I fire you, but I can ban you from ever stepping foot in this store again or I’ll have you arrested. You have disrespected my employees, you’ve bad -outhed the manager—who I would have fired you on her word alone—and you now have twenty seconds to get off my property.”

Coworker: “You people are just jealous! I’m HOT and I’m BUFF and I’m BETTER than you!”

(The owner looks to me, silently giving me permission to put him in his place.)

Me: *to my now-fired coworker* “Hey, just so you know, your butt looks really big in those pants, and your arms look super flabby when you flail around like that. I just thought that, maybe, for someone who claims to be so hot and buff, you’d want to know that!”

Coworker: *looks mortified and runs out of the store*

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Tiny stdh

Dude's upset over SJWs ruining a FFIX Role Playing group.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Golden Goat posted:

Tiny stdh

Dude's upset over SJWs ruining a FFIX Role Playing group.

I actually have no problem believing that an online role-play group based on a JRPG got into an argument over non-binary interpretations of a character and everyone overreacted.

hyperhazard posted:

HypeTelecon kept posting for years, usually in the IT threads. No idea if he's still around though.

I had the original thread bookmarked a couple of computers back, and it's killing me that I can't find it.

And now I learn that I had a HypeTelecon underwater city thread-shaped hole in my heart all this time. Please don't give up on this quest---his replies to comments on the story have got to be solid gold.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

AlbieQuirky posted:

The restaurant said it happened, the waitress said it happened. Not clear how much fact-checking you can do beyond that. I would just have not run the story.

Years ago, you might've asked for her bank statement and a look at the restaurant's books in order to verify what went down. The restaurant would also have record of the customer's name because a credit card was used--wouldn't have been tough to track him down (even if he did ask to remain anonymous, this would obviously be for fact-checking purposes, not to put in the story).

The restaurant saying "uumm yeah that happened" is a no-brainer because it's free advertising from a major TV network.

But no let's just run every STDH that will get us pageviews and ad impressions because that's what journalism is now

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
I can't check the link to be certain because I lack archives, but some goon said this was the original HypeTelecon thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2769640

According to them, HypeTelecon did not post any follow-up in it though. :(

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Reminds me of that goon that posted ridiculous stories about him working at a hotel and he was basically James Bond. He would play piano, beat people up and drive Lambo's over 100mph. The goons ate it up for a long time before the pushback became too great and he hit the eject button.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Trebek posted:

Reminds me of that goon that posted ridiculous stories about him working at a hotel and he was basically James Bond. He would play piano, beat people up and drive Lambo's over 100mph. The goons ate it up for a long time before the pushback became too great and he hit the eject button.

Adam Bowen?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Trebek posted:

My general rule with those types of old GBS posters who made entire threads about the crazy stories they have is that they're all STDH.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Nyarai posted:

I can't check the link to be certain because I lack archives, but some goon said this was the original HypeTelecon thread.

On the other hand, I do have archives and can confirm that not only is that the right thread, HypeTelecon posted a few replies. Truly this is a day of bounties!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lucrece posted:

Anyway, content! I'm sure this has been posted in every iteration if this thread in the past, but I love it!
The buff guy sounds like a male version of Lumpy Space Princess

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Nyarai posted:

Holy poo poo, you found it!

I'd forgotten how beautiful it was, especially when he doubled down.

HypeTelecon posted:

Anyways, why are you people dissin' the tux so much? If you had a chance to have ANY suit purchased for you...you're saying you WOULDN'T get a full-on tux? I thought I looked drat skippy in it! Yeah, I could've gone for a snappy Armani ensemble, but would've only paled in comparison to Ahmed's Brioni suit...and I seriously doubt things would've gone over well with accounting if I had charged a suit that can be worth as much as $25,000 after tailoring!

I also just realized I've confused Islam and Hinduism. This explains a lot, and Ahmed is probably REALLY confused why I kept asking him about eating delicious food coming from a cow. Wow, he is going to laugh REALLY hard when I tell him this...I'm really embarrassed now. Me and my drat assumptions, heh

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

ibntumart posted:

I posted it in the last thread. Thought I put the link to where I found it in that post, but I guess not. Still, it's archived online in at least a couple of places.

e: More content! Don't think this one has popped up before:

Boofchicken posted:

Does anyone have the story of the guy who had a job where he did nothing and kept collecting pay checks? Like he would go into work, but not actually do anything because his actual job got "lost" in the system and he was on the payroll with no oversight.

Here's an archived version:

https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Verisimilidude posted:

My general rule with those types of old GBS posters who made entire threads about the crazy stories they have is that they're all STDH.

Until recently, I assumed everyone knew they were made-up. Entertaining as hell, but fiction nonetheless. The images of flaming street sweepers careening down a highway, an elderly security guard magdumping into a priceless tribal wooden carving because some jokers rigged up a dead snake in front of it, and a guy getting lost by HR and continuing to be paid despite having no job duties are really cool, but at the end of the day, you know they're not true. I seriously thought that everyone in those threads was just egging the storyteller on by asking what happened next, gushing compliments, etc. Haha nope, people actually thought a guy secured his home with an elaborate R/C car "lock" and opened a bathroom door to find a man lying in fecal lasagna holding a saxophone seriously goons what the gently caress

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Trebek posted:

Was that the same goon that ended up either dying young of a heartattack or committing suicide? I seem to remember him as being a GBS superstar and something to do with hotels...

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Until recently, I assumed everyone knew they were made-up. Entertaining as hell, but fiction nonetheless. The images of flaming street sweepers careening down a highway, an elderly security guard magdumping into a priceless tribal wooden carving because some jokers rigged up a dead snake in front of it, and a guy getting lost by HR and continuing to be paid despite having no job duties are really cool, but at the end of the day, you know they're not true. I seriously thought that everyone in those threads was just egging the storyteller on by asking what happened next, gushing compliments, etc. Haha nope, people actually thought a guy secured his home with an elaborate R/C car "lock" and opened a bathroom door to find a man lying in fecal lasagna holding a saxophone seriously goons what the gently caress
That fecal lasagna story was A+ though, he did a good job with the build-up and had an engaging writing style.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
The ones you've all been waiting for: Cloudcuckoolanders are here now.

Spoons

quote:

This troper is a Cloudcuckoolander, if a rather anti-social one. To date, some of her more cuckoolandery hijinks are: sharpening spoons to use as weapons in case of a zombie apocalypse; coming up with an elaborate conspiracy that involved the government contracting a mercenary army of raccoons to assassinate her; starting a blood feud with the squirrel that lives in her front yard; making a utopia city by using the dirt and clay from her mother's front garden; and last but not least, going to a costume party as a semi-colon, while her equally crazy friend went as an exclamation point, half way through the party, staged an elaborate argument that made it seem like a giant semi-colon and found her giant exclamation point boyfriend cheating on her with the Tooth Fairy. I Am Not Making This Up.

Letters

quote:

This troper, since birth. When she was a kid, she'd look at the letters of the alphabet and think they had emotions (A looked happy, B looked kinda pissed off, C looked happy etc.). Come to think of it, she still kinda sees it. Also, one time her iPod headphones were knocked off and she shouted "My glasses!". And those are just specific cases she can remember at the moment. She constantly goes into Brief Accent Imitation, gives aside glances to an invisible "camera", and has really weird crushes...
Regarding the first, maybe she should look up synesthesia?

Evita

quote:

This troper had a high school Spanish teacher that also fell into this trope. She had a tendency to break into song spontaneously, especially Evita (one time, in fact, the principal came into her room as she was erasing the blackboard and singing "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina." The principal just watched for a while. Also, she had a fetish for plastic vegetables, most notably a supposedly "Happy Asparagus" that she threw at people who acted out in class. I could not even make this stuff up.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Letters troper posted:

gives aside glances to an invisible "camera"

I want to murder this person.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

I was going to refute the hell out of the synesthesia thing because who doesn't see things like that when they're a little kid? Except when I looked it up, that actually is a symptom. So, the bad news is it turns out that numerals actually didn't have genders ca. 1985. Good news is, y'all can go ahead and put on your resumés that you know someone on the internet who used to be legit ~qUiRkY~ and ~sPeCiAl~

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Finding out that something about you is a bit weird can be startling! Once in the changing room before practice I made fun of one of the guys for not having shoulder dimples and that's how I found out I was the weird one.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What happens when you try to sue a supermarket chain based on an stdh.

http://www.statesman.com/news/business/whole-foods-taking-legal-action-against-cake-accus/nq7qt/

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

1.a man asks for a cake with words on it
2.evil bakery employee writes slur on it
3.man comes to pick up cake, sees message
4.man pays for it as indignantly as possible
5.social media

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Paladinus posted:

This is my story, actually.

Thanks a ton.

And you write an entertaining story Paladinus, I just figured this was the best thread to find it again.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boofchicken posted:

Thanks a ton.

And you write an entertaining story Paladinus, I just figured this was the best thread to find it again.

It was a joke about me doing gently caress all at work. Unfortunately, I am in no way responsible for this gem.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Palisader posted:

Was that the same goon that ended up either dying young of a heartattack or committing suicide? I seem to remember him as being a GBS superstar and something to do with hotels...

That fecal lasagna story was A+ though, he did a good job with the build-up and had an engaging writing style.

Here is the helldump on the guy http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3106702

I think it has links to his original posts.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

quote:

I once stalked my boyfriends ex on social media for like 7 months and I was feeding info back to him like “omg she had a baby” and one day I showed him a photo of her with the baby and he was like erm babe that’s not my ex… It turned out I had been stalking some random girl with the same name as his ex, but I had become so invested in this girls life that I had to reach out to her and tell her this bizarre story about how I’d been accidentally stalking her for 7 months and she thought it was hilarious and anyways that’s the story of how I met my best friend.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

WampaLord posted:

I want to murder this person.

Same. The problem with some of these TVT dumps is that they're often not stories, but rather sadly believable things that the writers think are cool, but in reality are insufferable.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
http://imgur.com/gallery/4ghAxNS
When I make a romantic dinner for two, I also plate the forks the same way and put glasses on the same side.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

When I make a romantic dinner for two, I also plate the forks the same way and put glasses on the same side.

That picture is so grim

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

kimbo305 posted:

Did he really hang a brassiere in the doorway to lend legitimacy to his claim that a girl had been in the room?

"i didn't notice it haha"

EmmyOk posted:

That picture is so grim
My thoughts exactly. If there was a girl in that room, she's bound and gagged just out of frame (and apparently missing her bra)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

kimbo305 posted:

This looks like the last meal for someone who's about to be tortured to death

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

kimbo305 posted:

Only the finest grated Parmesan cheese for you, my dear. Would you like some black pepper as well? *rips open McDonalds pepper packet*

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Fun times

quote:

This troper once read a thread on a forum where someone posted a lame rear end story totally missing the point of the thread. He looked the previous posts of the person up and saw that he made the OP. Now this troper is confused.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

kimbo305 posted:

"Imgur Community, I need your help" has to be the most depressing thing I've read in ages

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Wylie posted:

"Imgur Community, I need your help" has to be the most depressing thing I've read in ages

Then you should look up some "TCC I need your help being a responsible opiate/pill/cocaine/etc user".

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If I came home to that I'd assume the other person hated me. Like how bad is it that those people who post pictures of a romantic meal with their body pillows have better lighting, food, and less creepy vibes than this.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Did he really hang a brassiere in the doorway to lend legitimacy to his claim that a girl had been in the room?

Isn't that bra also really big? Like, in a "fat person" way rather just having a big chest.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Ytlaya posted:

Isn't that bra also really big? Like, in a "fat person" way rather just having a big chest.

It could be, I am bad at perspective and poo poo, but to me it mostly looks old and worn. Source: I have seen (and worn) many an old lovely bra.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
He edited into his post a link to proof that he had a gf, but then removed it.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
What do people who think a mediocre spaghetti dinner is romantic and fancy eat on the regular? This is a serious question. I'm not a great chef and it's not like I plate my meals, but what do you usually eat that makes that special?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe

cash crab posted:

This looks like the last meal for someone who's about to be tortured to death

...by the food itself!