Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
It will find out if you ever cheat and demand its money back with interest.

Do you give up one of the greatest technological marvels and source of pleasure and entertainment for 250k?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

what an o henry situation

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
A powerful entity challenges you to never ask hypothetical questions again.

goosebox
May 11, 2015
$250,000 is a decent amount of blackjack and hookers. What's the interest rate?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol, 250k. try upping it for people who have not poo poo degrees

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

if this entity is so powerful it can surely pony up a little more than that

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
joke would be on them since i already dont play videogames anymore *walks off counting my money bitch*

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Actually a pretty tough one. I probably would take it even considering 250k isn't like all that much and games in the future probably will be like Scarlett Johansson sexbots. I could really make that work for me right now though and like go outside and do stuff instead of sexbots

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I can just watch LP videos online from my moderately nice house on my new big tv as I get drunk on cheap scotch so pretty much nothing would change.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
250K? Oh boy, that's a lot of money! :rolleyes: I make that during my morning dump at the office.

I am a powerful entity and all you peons can just go on piddling your life away playing your little games while we run the world.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A powerful entity begs you to stop posting.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
A Powerful Entity takes your pitiful post, turns it unto 250k lbs of aggregate and pounds it back into your rear end

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
what would i use the money for if I cant buy video games with it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'd do it for a million dollars

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

TEAH SYAG posted:

A Powerful Entity takes your pitiful post, turns it unto 250k lbs of aggregate and pounds it back into your rear end

How much does this service cost?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

VectorSigma posted:

if this entity is so powerful it can surely pony up a little more than that

no. you're not worth more than 250K. even that is a stretch.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Robo Reagan posted:

lol, 250k. try upping it for people who have not poo poo degrees

Playing video games is worth more than $250,000 to you :laugh:

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Yes please

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I p much only do flight simulators and racing games now so gently caress yes because with 250k I could afford to do that poo poo for reals.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
no because i dont collect DOLL HAIRS op!

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I make 50k a night playin' ping pong on korean television.

My answer is yes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

If it was 250k a year, sure, I can find plenty of other ways to spend my time.

For a one-time 250k payment? Hell no.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

objects in mirror posted:

It will find out if you ever cheat and demand its money back with interest.

Do you give up one of the greatest technological marvels and source of pleasure and entertainment for 250k?

Yes?

I mean video games are kind of not that great really.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Count me in on wanting more cash.

That said after we negotiate a bit on how much money I need out of my Unlikely Faustian Deals I'll use the cash and open a game development company. I never have to 'play' a game again but man oh man my work now involves a WHOLE lot of messing around with pixels and healthpoints and such. Oh no mr powerful entity I am not playing poo poo. Haven't you ever seen what game development looks like? Get the gently caress out of here with your weak rear end vocabulary.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
is it a kinda loop hole thing where if i like play mc donalds monopoly game and like log in to claim prizes i get busted?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

reignofevil posted:

Count me in on wanting more cash.

That said after we negotiate a bit on how much money I need out of my Unlikely Faustian Deals I'll use the cash and open a game development company. I never have to 'play' a game again but man oh man my work now involves a WHOLE lot of messing around with pixels and healthpoints and such. Oh no mr powerful entity I am not playing poo poo. Haven't you ever seen what game development looks like? Get the gently caress out of here with your weak rear end vocabulary.

well it'll work out in their favour because it will make you hate video games forever anyway

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Nismo gtr or video games hmm....

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Fallows posted:

Nismo gtr or video games hmm....

my friend in a video game you can drive many cars

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I don't play video games already :chord:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The only video games I really play are Phoenix Wright and reloading past saves of Dragon Age 2. So yeah, I would, because I already have Dragon Age 2 memorized and I can play it in my head, and PW is equally good as a Let's Play.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
On second thought it costs like 90k a year to race Miatas and that's p low tier racing and planes are super expensive and I don't have my license to do either so how about you bump it to 500k and I'll seriously give it a go and if it turns out I don't have the chops for either I'll send you a refund minus expenses.

grumpy
Aug 30, 2004

250K? Nah, not sure banging your mom is worth that. Giving up video games, not a chance. Up it to 260K and we'll talk

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

You had me at "powerful entity"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

flavor posted:

A powerful entity challenges you to never ask hypothetical questions again.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
does texting emojis count as a video game?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
No but I'd accept $1.5 million.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
nope

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ya I'm starting to think there isn't actually a quarter mil up for grabs I keep checking my PayPal and it hasn't shown up.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
sure. Free money, plus I spend my time more productively? That's a great deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

What if u were offered 3 million to never beat off again

• Locked thread