Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
a not very powerful entity offers you a ride to work but you say no because the entity's cubicle sort of smells weird and you don't want to take the chance of their car also smelling weird which might also cause you to smell weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
250k is like no money at all lmao.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

i just wanted to include my wife's income so I could say less than half

half a million a year, yet you can't think of anything more entertaining to do than post on GBS on a friday night.

makes me feel good about being poor, seems like im not missing out on much

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

250K is a good number because you get a wide range of answers because to some that's a lot of money, but to others, not so much. good number op. it is less than half my household income so you know which side of the aisle I stand on :smug:

wide range of answers?
Everyone has made fun of you for such a dumb small amount.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it's not supposed to be a huge amount. It's a boring question if everyone would answer the same way

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Entity can get hosed. Add a zero and try again.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Rutibex posted:

half a million a year, yet you can't think of anything more entertaining to do than post on GBS on a friday night.

to be fair I just put my 4 month old daughter to sleep so it's not like I can go out much right now. that said you're right, my life probably isn't much different/better than yours. I get up, go waste my life at my job for 8+ hours, come home tired, put my kid to sleep, read gbs. The main thing that's different is having tremendous financial security as long as you don't waste money on poo poo you don't need.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

SilkyP posted:

What if u were offered 3 million to never beat off again

you can buy a lot of hookers with 3 million

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

Rutibex posted:

What he and his wife can do quite well though is to buy veblen or positional goods and impose a cost of status anxiety on those below them on the economic ladder. gently caress the top 5% percent imo

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

SilkyP posted:

What if u were offered 3 million to never beat off again

that i could do.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

to be fair I just put my 4 month old daughter to sleep

drat. That can really be tough on you. But in two or three months when you've gotten over it, you can always go down to the pound and pick up a new daughter.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Take 100k of it to set up a spectacular livestream of the pile of money with independent observers and then when it comes to get its money back you live off the fame of being the guy who contacted some kind of outsider entity and filmed it.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

drat. That can really be tough on you. But in two or three months when you've gotten over it, you can always go down to the pound and pick up a new daughter.

I'm not complaining I love putting my daughter to sleep.

edit: oh

Fiddler on the Reef fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 16, 2016

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

objects in mirror posted:

What he and his wife can do quite well though is to buy veblen or positional goods and impose a cost of status anxiety on those below them on the economic ladder. gently caress the top 5% percent imo

this is unfortunately true and hard to avoid.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I still can't loving believe someone bought this emote without the green highlight

naem
May 29, 2011

$250k put into a 7 year annuity could give you (starting in 7 years) an income of a bit less that $20k a year for life which wouldn't be a bad little pay bump on top of an already middle class income

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Playing video games is worth more than $250,000 to you :laugh:

Would you take a fiver to not watch any movies again? probably not.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Isn't the average American's yearly wage somewhere around 30K? Is this forum really full of really rich people who think that more money than the average person earns in 8 years all is pocket change?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Isn't the average American's yearly wage somewhere around 30K? Is this forum really full of really rich people who think that more money than the average person earns in 8 years all is pocket change?

Most plebes don't spend 10 bucks to register on a forum, of course people here are wealthier than average. :colbert:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

haha yeah :D

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

Nah its just that when you are making a deal for the rest of your life (with a loving genie no less) you probably want to settle for a little more than you could blow buying a decent house in a nice location.

It's like; I spent all my Genie money on a nice sports car and some sweet decals.

Ah gently caress I wrecked my car. Now my genie money is gone and I am totally hosed.

I'd rather have a bunch of genie money.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I mean it's not "live like a king" or "never work again" money
Just lol, if you do not head to some third-world country and be a king there.

Rutibex posted:

rekt

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Biscuit posted:

Just lol, if you do not head to some third-world country and be a king there.

Just think of all the dirt and hot sand I could buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Deal games suck now anyway

• Locked thread