Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I remember watching SLIDERS with Jerry Cornell and Gimli the Dwarf in it years ago but I can only remember two things from it.

They went to a world where all the men were dead and all the women were going mad for the dudes when they showed up and young me was like, "Yeah! I'd just stay there!" Until thye got arrested and put in a stud farm where it turned out ugly fat dudes wouldn't get picked to have sex anyway so there's me hosed (lol)

And then they went to another planet where a virus was eating ink or something? And it was this HUGE tragedy because all literary works were disappearing and it spelled the downfall of humanity because books are SO IMPORTANT and there's a Twilight Zone moment where everyone is gathered in Washington to hear the President read Lord of the Rings and it's the last book on earth or something and he looks up all sad and goes, "The next page is blank..."

Just write in pencil! Transcribe poo poo with pencil or use an ink that isn't likely to be eaten by the virus. God, that's just so dumb. REAL dumb. They've invented slider tech. just trype poo poo up on floppy disks. Even in the 90's they had WORD 95.

But besides that I don't remember much of it at all but I remember think it's good and cool and the multi-verse stuff is rad and I love that concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
its good until the professor dies

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i liked it but i cant remember anything about it so there is a good chance its poo poo

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
In another universe Sliders is still going on and just started its critically acclaimed 21st season.

The only difference was that Kromaggs were never invented.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i dont remember that ink episode though, i think that might be the twilight zone or outer limits or something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Tanya from Red Alert 2 had a nice rack

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I prefer full-sized burgers, personally, OP.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cheerfullydrab posted:

In another universe Sliders is still going on and just started its critically acclaimed 21st season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtasHWLKWSM

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Rutibex posted:

i dont remember that ink episode though, i think that might be the twilight zone or outer limits or something.

I'm p.sure it was sliders because the professor was real sad about it.

Didn't even know he died in the show, must have stopped watching it before then.

Also it just hit me that without Sliders we probably wouldn;t have Rick & Morty which is basically Sliders but with more stuff going up a teenagers butthole.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

I prefer full-sized burgers, personally, OP.

:rimshot:

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O1weXDpkLo

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sure but not as good as Quantum Leap

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

they made it home but they didnt know it and left :(

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Chinatown posted:

drat squeaky gate

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chinatown posted:

Except for Gimli, he got stuck in the world where the Golden Gate bridge was painted blue

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
GHOSTBUSTERS!

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i!
Jan 5, 2011

Cool avs beyond this door.
The Ink thing was from "Now and Again"

EDIT: Here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAtFIPM4cSI&t=1834s he was black president and not a dwarf

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i! fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 15, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ChogsEnhour posted:

I'm p.sure it was sliders because the professor was real sad about it.

your brain is making things up. i just read the entire episode list up until the professor dies and there is no episode about disappearing ink.

i wish there was, there are some really bad episode even in the first 3 seasons of Sliders (you can see the show slowly decend into madness). first season is genuinely cool sci-fi alternate history, but by the third season it was 90% wizards and monsters and vampires:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sliders_episodes

quote:

19 "Obsession" Colin Bucksey Teleplay by: Jon Povill
Story by: Steve Brown & Jon Povill May 24, 1996 K0808
The sliders land on a world dominated by psychics. The Prime Oracle (who is the most powerful person in the world due to his psychic powers) falls in love with Wade and attempts to keep her from sliding.

quote:

17 "In Dino Veritas" Oscar L. Costo Steve Brown April 26, 1996 K0813
The sliders are confused with animal poachers when they land on a world where San Francisco is a preserve for dinosaurs.

quote:

28 "The Dream Masters" Jefery Levy Teleplay by: Melinda M. Snodgrass
Story by: Scott Smith Miller & Melinda M. Snodgrass October 18, 1996 K1808
The group arrives on a world where terrorists discovered drugs that can invade people's dreams, and one of them chooses Wade as his next target. (This is the only episode with no sliding scenes.)

quote:

30 "Dragonslide" David Livingston Tony Blake & Paul Jackson November 8, 1996 K1816
A wizard wants to capture Quinn on a world where the Mallory family has special powers.

quote:

38 "Paradise Lost" Jim Johnston Steven Stoliar January 31, 1997 K1818
The sliders land on a world where a giant worm eats people.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
158 "Hello My Baby"

The sliders land on a world where poop can talk, and likes to sing to people from the toilet bowl.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Man, I wish Fox didn't do their usual thing and gently caress up Sliders like it does with all their shows.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Was that the show where the guy uses aerosol cans to fly and poo poo? And he thinks that he's like a super hero or something?

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
This show deserved another three seasons just for having the balls to name an episode "In Dino Veritas"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vastarien posted:

Was that the show where the guy uses aerosol cans to fly and poo poo? And he thinks that he's like a super hero or something?

no that is a show called "my secret identity". i can understand the confusion, it is the same actor in yet another odd relationship with a deranged professor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfFKwylOsLU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Replacement Wade:

Would back then.

still would now

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The was an episode where they went to a vampire world and Tommy Chong was a vampire hunter and the head vampire had a guitar that shot laser beams.

So yes, it was intensely good.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i never watched it. was it on really late at night or something?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hadn't they cycled out half of their cast by the end of it, including the main character?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Mordja posted:

Hadn't they cycled out half of their cast by the end of it, including the main character?

literally only the black guy survived

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
which in itself is groundbreaking

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Smash it Smash hit posted:

literally only the black guy survived

I'm pretty sure that the original professor survived because he got stuck in alternate San Francisco, and it was his double who died :3:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm pretty sure that the original professor survived because he got stuck in alternate San Francisco, and it was his double who died :3:

but didnt he still have cancer or something?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Smash it Smash hit posted:

but didnt he still have cancer or something?

Well, if you can get cancer from sliding, then the black guy doesn't survive either :smith:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
aspartame vortex

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

and he likely got home too. without those idiots getting him into trouble i bet it didnt take him any time at all to make a new sliding machine

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Iron Crowned posted:

Replacement Wade:

Would back then.

still would now

Kari Wuhrer was on a handful of old episodes of Loveline and she sounds 100% certifiably crazy. She would sing songs about scrotums.

I remember the "next week on" for an episode where they went to a naked planet and I got all excited but the next week we had to eat dinner at grandma's.

I liked it when it started but I heard the last seasons are one long lizards alien plot.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

it was a good saturday afternoon show, ya

between cartoons and wwf wrestling

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

and then later at night you watch lexx alone in the basement heh heh heh

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw3yidwGchk

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They're like tiny burgers, they're good.

• Locked thread