Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What fight are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
John Dodson vs. Manny Gamburyan 0 0%
Beneil Dariush vs. Michael Chiesa 2 9.09%
Cub Swanson vs Hacran Dias 1 4.55%
The true main event, Thug Rose vs Tecia Torres 19 86.36%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

GodDAMNIT!

I knew I shouldn’t have gone to that TAM party last night. Not only are my nipples completely chafed and there were just three dudes left there but I completely forgot Professor White’s paper on UFC Fox 19: Teixeira vs. Evans at 8 p.m. ET Saturday, April 16 is due today! poo poo, I really don’t have time to write this between my other classes. Besides, how does Professor White expect us to write these when he changes the subject and conditions constantly and at the last minute? First he switches out Shogun for Teixeira, then Khabib Nurmagomedov isn’t the main event after Tony Ferguson gets hurt, then he expects us to want to revisit that awful Machida vs. Hendo assignment and then that gets scrapped, and the undercard is way better overall but we have to focus on the main? It drives me crazy and honestly it barely even feels worth it to try at this point, so I am turning to every procrastinator’s last resort and hoping for the best, a procedural essay generator.

Light Heavyweight

Glover Teixeira

vs.

Rashad Evans

It has recently come to my attention that not enough people understand how great Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira on Fox has been to our lives. Each day we wake up and likely have one or more Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira on Fox lying at the foot of our beds. It is wonderful to be able to wake up and smile each morning because of this.

Social & Cultural Factors
Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira on Fox has a large role in American Culture. Many people can often be seen taking part in activities associated with Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira on Fox. This is partly because people of most ages can be involved and families are brought together by this. Generally a person who displays their dislike for Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira on Fox may be considered an outcast.

Strawweight

Rose Namajunas

vs.

Tecia Torres

Environmental Factors
After a three month long research project, I've been able to conclude that Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres 2 doesn't negatively effect the environment at all. A Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres 2 did not seem to result in waste products and couldn't be found in forests, jungles, rivers, lakes, oceans, etc... In fact, Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres 2 produced some positive effects on our sweet little nature.

Conclusion
Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres 2 seem to be a much more important idea that most give credit for. Next time you see or think of Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres 2, think about what you just read and realize what is really going on. It is likely you under valued Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres 2 before, but will now start to give the credited needed and deserved.

160lb Catchweight due to short notice

Khabib Nurmagomedov

vs.

Darrell Horcher

Despite what many might think, Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. some guy they found is well known across hundreds of nations all over the world. Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. some guy they found has been around for several centuries and has a very important meaning in the lives of many. It would be safe to assume that Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. some guy they found is going to be around for a long time and have an enormous impact on the lives of many people.

Economic Factors
It is not common practice to associate economics with Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. some guy they found. Generally, Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. some guy they found would be thought to have no effect on our economic situation, but there are in fact some effects. The sales industry associated with Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. some guy they found is actually a 2.3 billion dollar a year industry and growing each year. The industry employs nearly 150,000 people in the United States alone. It would be safe to say that Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. some guy they found play an important role in American economics and shouldn't be taken for granted.

Featherweight

Cub Swanson

vs.

Hacran Dias

Political Factors
Oh does Cub Swanson vs. Hacran Dias on the main card because at least we don't have to watch Machida vs. Hendo 2 anymore ever influence politics. Last year 5 candidates running for some sort of position used Cub Swanson vs. Hacran Dias on the main card because at least we don't have to watch Machida vs. Hendo 2 anymore as the primary topic of their campaign. A person might think Cub Swanson vs. Hacran Dias on the main card because at least we don't have to watch Machida vs. Hendo 2 anymore would be a bad topic to lead a campaign with, but in fact with the social and environmental impact is has, this topic was able to gain a great number of followers. These 5 candidates went 4 for 5 on winning their positions.

Other poo poo to watch that is, in my opinion, legitimately better than the main card

Big Fox Prelims, 6 p.m. ET
Lightweight Beneil Dariush vs. Michael Chiesa
Women's Bantamweight Bethe Correia vs. Raquel Pennington
Welterweight Court McGee vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
Lightweight Drew Dober vs. Islam Makhachev

Fight Pass prelims, 4 p.m. ET
Bantamweight John Dodson vs. Manvel Gamburyan
Welterweight Randy Brown vs. Michael Graves
Middleweight Oluwale Bamgbose vs. Cezar Ferreira
Welterweight Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Omari Akhmedov

Official weigh-ins, 4:30 p.m. ET today
http://www.ufc.com/media/fight-night-tampa-official-weigh-in-april-2016

Official MMA Snack Rating: this recipe for “greased casserole with slices of lemon juice” procedurally written by a predictive text generator based on a 1930s cookbook

Ingredients
1 egg
1 cup cold boiled frosting
1 teaspoon chopped olives or mayonnaise
2 sprigs of bread
2 pounds of cake
2 cups boiling milk
1 sour and large fish
1 pint of very cold meat
1 quart of standard formula brown sauce
4 slices of hot food
and pepper to taste

Directions
Put a small quantity of bread or butter in a slow fire. Add the milk. Add one inch of sugar or one pint of cream

Add the other ingredients except the electrician

Spread hot milk over the fire until it begins to spin and boil. Add a dash of red water

The water is often accompanied by some sort of uncolored lemon or orange or canned lobster or canned fish or canned milk or three eggs

In deep enough water the eggs are usually called the crabs. Be sure to milk the eggs until they turn into fish mixture

The mixture is quite soft but not so oily that it destroys most people unacquainted with mayonnaise

Be very tender when you want to be very attractive but if you prefer your guests hungry you will not allow them to use the meat

The top of each person if desired is usually called a hot fat flour cup

Wash a few slices of lemon juice and pour all of them into deep narrow gashes in the bottom of your hands for thirty hours before placing a white fish in the center of the center of an important french mustard

Be filled with bread or toast or a combination of these two extremes

In an opportunity thick enough to taste pour custard over each person who cannot drink your refrigerator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

in the op voted 5

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Bluedeanie posted:

Be very tender when you want to be very attractive but if you prefer your guests hungry you will not allow them to use the meat

Well this is just good, practical advice

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bluedeanie posted:

Directions
Put a small quantity of bread or butter in a slow fire. Add the milk. Add one inch of sugar or one pint of cream

Add the other ingredients except the electrician

Spread hot milk over the fire until it begins to spin and boil. Add a dash of red water

The water is often accompanied by some sort of uncolored lemon or orange or canned lobster or canned fish or canned milk or three eggs

In deep enough water the eggs are usually called the crabs. Be sure to milk the eggs until they turn into fish mixture

The mixture is quite soft but not so oily that it destroys most people unacquainted with mayonnaise

The top of each person if desired is usually called a hot fat flour cup

Wash a few slices of lemon juice and pour all of them into deep narrow gashes in the bottom of your hands for thirty hours before placing a white fish in the center of the center of an important french mustard

Be filled with bread or toast or a combination of these two extremes

In an opportunity thick enough to taste pour custard over each person who cannot drink your refrigerator

I'll show you who's a hot fat flour cup

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Oluwale Bamgbose is cool

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I really hope Dodson fucks up Manny

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Oh he wil

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If Dodson wins this easily he should get Dillashaw next.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I want to see Dodson fight Cruz.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

threeagainstfour posted:

I want to see Dodson fight Cruz.

I personally hope sterling wins his next fight and gets a shot at Cruz or close to it. I don't know how competitive it will be but it will be someone other than the entirety of the guys Cruz has smashed and Sterling

I didn't pay attention to Cruz during his WEC career but man he is easily one of the coolest best fighters that isn't named Jon Jones or Robbie Lawler for sure.

It is funny that just a few years ago that division was easily one of the most boring no one cares divisions but it has actually became somewhat entertaining than before with Dillashaw/Cruz and some of the other fighters at bantam

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
That recipe is gross dude

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Nice! posted:

in the op voted 5

Same

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Really hyped to see Thug Rose get her win back.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I MET PAT BARRY AND HE KNEW WHO I WAS BECAUSE WE FOLLOW EACH OTHER ON TWITTER AND HE'S THE BEST

also a russian guy wanted a pic with me because i was wearing a papakha

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Robert Analog posted:

Oluwale Bamgbose is cool

yeah i hope he knocks the other guy the gently caress out

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

I MET PAT BARRY AND HE KNEW WHO I WAS BECAUSE WE FOLLOW EACH OTHER ON TWITTER AND HE'S THE BEST

also a russian guy wanted a pic with me because i was wearing a papakha

haha that's awesome

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I am the only person here who will lament not seeing Dober fight, but

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I was hyped for my dude "Radical" Islam :saddowns:

edit: gently caress it, Justin Gaethje was there with the Grudge crew for Rose, let him fight Dober

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 16, 2016

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It's a good thing their roster has grown so much in the past couple years. The might juuuust be able to scrape by with an 8-fight card every month next year if enough guys smarten up and stop juicing.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
What about the man who lives off keeping the Hector Lombards at full capacity? testing for steroids is taking food out of his childrens mouths

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
...but on the other hand, Hector Lombard's tests are putting the tester's kids through college

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think we have good seats.

http://imgur.com/D4k1t.jpg

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 16, 2016

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
ide say, pretty sweet view

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I couldn't get the picture to post right but holy poo poo we're in an insane spot.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Look, I'm not saying that Mr Nice!, drunk off 2 cosmos and a handful of painkillers, 2 pieced Helwani and yelled "WHO RUN BARTER TOWN?!"

But I'm not not saying he did that...

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

LobsterMobster posted:

Look, I'm not saying that Mr Nice!, drunk off 2 cosmos and a handful of painkillers, 2 pieced Helwani and yelled "WHO RUN BARTER TOWN?!"

But I'm not not saying he did that...

I'm an old man, what does it mean to "2 piece" someone?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Like a drumstick and a breast, some fries and maybe a lil coleslaw

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
drat my shoulder hurts now

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Cool fight to start the card. Even though this card really fell apart there's enough good names still on the card that I think it's going to be some good poo poo.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Welcome to sweep city.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
What station are the 4pm est prelims on? Is in the op "big fox" to mean fox rather than fox sports? Are they airing 8 fights on fox?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I wonder if Khabib will have a Reebok branded papakha.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

crazy cloud posted:

What station are the 4pm est prelims on? Is in the op "big fox" to mean fox rather than fox sports? Are they airing 8 fights on fox?

Everything after the Fight Pass prelims are on FOX.

This fight owns.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

crazy cloud posted:

Current prelims are on fight pass until 6pm.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Oh word thanks, this first fight pass fight owns (thanks ufc fight pass dot com)

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
this rules

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Guys that fight was real good

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

What an awesome fight.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006