Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
If they hadn't killed him off right away: the Presslyterian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

J.theYellow posted:

If they hadn't killed him off right away: the Presslyterian

Thanks to DLC there's still a way!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Jaeger Abomination?

Maybe use some kind of nucleation reaction to make it foam up like crazy if you don't drink it in time :v:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Let's do an absinthe drink for 3 and call it The True Ending. :tizzy:

Or maybe Intoxication Theory? :speculate:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aces High posted:

more accurately it sounds like you live in Ontario, us Albertans can buy as much booze as we want at any corner liquor store. None of this LCBO bullshit

BC, actually. We have private liquor stores but they're so heavily regulated they have the same hours and often higher prices than government owned stores.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

What a pisshole

The Drink
Omegawd
1 oz whiskey
Ginger Ale
Orange Bitters

Combine whiskey and ginger in a rocks glass with ice. Add a dash of bitters. I garnished with an orange but a maraschino cherry would be swell too.

The Drinking Game
Drink every time somebody makes mention of how lovely Omega is.

The Episode
We head on over to Omega, which is a big fuckoff city inside a hollow asteroid. It's basically Mos Eisley. There's lots of stuff to do here in the early game; we can pick up 3 squadmates, there are a couple of vendors and we meet Aria who is more or less the leader (or tyrannical despot, tomato/tohmato) of the place. Aria is voiced by Trinity herself, Carrie-Anne Moss. Her acting is a bit :effort:. I think she was going for disaffected and instead sounded like she was bored with what she was doing. At least she swears so she isn't a total blandface. She's definitely better in 3 and its DLC, Omega. In 2 though she's just sort of there, put forward as some big badass and all she ever does is sit on that couch.

Also we pick up the best guddamn squadmate.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Ah, so that's what happens if Blake is left alive.
I could never resist killing the bitch in 1 :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Alexeythegreat posted:

I usually let her go, since she can be talked out of being a crime boss. Also her "look we just smuggle stuff and sell DRM free software, not sell drugs and slaves!" is pretty funny.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

This LP is going to have a serious casualty count based on the drinking games so far.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I didn't have any of the stuff besides the whisky so Jack'n'Coke it is!

I'm calling it the Renegade Option as of right now. :smug:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ah jack and coke.
The drink of the tastelessly edgy

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Alexeythegreat posted:

Same here but with Fist.

grack posted:

This LP is going to have a serious casualty count based on the drinking games so far.

The drinks aren't very strong unless you go wildly off the recipe. They're the kind you drink when you're unwinding, not rewinding.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

YOU CAN'T TELL ME TO DO

*passes out face down and pantsless on the front lawn again*

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

hard counter posted:

Same here but with Fist.

Same although it had less to do with wanting to kill fist and more to do with wanting wrex at all times.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
leaving Fist alive leads to a hilarious scene, so it's worthwhile

or at least it's worth looking it up on Youtube even if you let Wrex blast him every time. :v:

e: hey SP what's your capture setup? Meeting Zaeed looked kinda washed out, maybe it's just me but I remembered that hallway being a lot darker.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 29, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Psion posted:

leaving Fist alive leads to a hilarious scene, so it's worthwhile

or at least it's worth looking it up on Youtube even if you let Wrex blast him every time. :v:

e: hey SP what's your capture setup? Meeting Zaeed looked kinda washed out, maybe it's just me but I remembered that hallway being a lot darker.
Yes, we watched it in this video :colbert: Running AVermedia HD capture right off the PS3. I can try turning the gamma down a bit if it looks lovely.

grack posted:

YOU CAN'T TELL ME TO DO

*passes out face down and pantsless on the front lawn again*
Oh please, like you don't do this without the LP.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yes, we watched it in this video :colbert:

I'm watching Shepard drink while drinking, it's very meta ok

Running AVermedia HD capture right off the PS3. I can try turning the gamma down a bit if it looks lovely.

i'm wondering if it's a levels issue; if you use MeGUI try tossing the line ColorYUV(levels="TV->PC") before returning the final clip and previewing it to see if it looks better?

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 29, 2016

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
SubPonticate, has anyone mentioned you sometimes sound like and have similar mannerisms as Pam from Archer? Liking the LP so far, thanks for showing this off!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ratchild13 posted:

SubPonticate, has anyone mentioned you sometimes sound like and have similar mannerisms as Pam from Archer? Liking the LP so far, thanks for showing this off!
No, is this a good or bad thing? :haw: Glad you're liking it.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

No, is this a good or bad thing? :haw: Glad you're liking it.

It's good, as long as no cocaine is involved :v:

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Oh look, it's a human merc! :haw:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

J.theYellow posted:

Oh look, it's a human merc! :haw:

I believe the Blue Suns are primarily a human merc group.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Alexeythegreat posted:

It's good, as long as no cocaine is involved :v:
I work for the gubmint. The only coke I get is out of a can. Speaking of which:

Next update's ingredients
Kirsch
Cola

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Well if anything this thread drains my bank account and fills my liquor cabinet :D.

Will we do fine wines for Mass Effect 3?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

geonetix posted:

Well if anything this thread drains my bank account and fills my liquor cabinet :D.

Will we do fine wines for Mass Effect 3?
If by "fine wines" you mean Boone's Farm, then maybe.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Next update's ingredients
Kirsch
Cola
What the heck can you do with that besides just mixing them? Heat one and drop in the other as ice cubes?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Poil posted:

What the heck can you do with that besides just mixing them? Heat one and drop in the other as ice cubes?
Nothing. You mix it and drink it. You said you don't drink though, so I'm guessing you've never had that particular beverage. It's tasty! Also Kirsch runs about 100 proof so it will gently caress your poo poo right up.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nothing. You mix it and drink it. You said you don't drink though, so I'm guessing you've never had that particular beverage. It's tasty! Also Kirsch runs about 100 proof so it will gently caress your poo poo right up.
Yeah, I don't really know much about drinks. I'll take my coke clean. :v:

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
The Afterlife song is so gooood.

Omega is pretty great, especially as a first hub world, but it doesn't have anything on Illium. Also we're introduced to the best NPC in the trilogy. (It's Aria.)

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

So on a slightly more serious note, what DLC is absolutely essential for ME2? I've been playing to catch up and the DLC is for some reason still hilariously expensive, even without the silly BioWare points thing. I have zaeed, but what's missing?

Also, tips on acquiring these on the cheap for PC are welcome!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Lair of the Shadow Broker is very important for the main returning party member in ME3, while Arrival is the story bridge between ME2 and ME3. Zaeed and Kasumi are nice to have, but not essential in any way. But Zaeed is pretty awesome, so it's lucky that you already have him. The rest is junk.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Great, so I'll get those two. They'll still set me back €16 which is 4 times as much as the game itself :downs:. Then again it's still cheaper than all the liquor for this thread

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The very model of a scientist Salarian

The Drink
Jokah Cola
Kirsch
Cola

You put the loving booze in the mixer and you drink it. Not complicated. Kirsch is cherry liqueur so it's cherry coke that fucks you up. It's unsophisticated and a bit trashy, much like Omega.

Simple version: I don't know how much more simple you can make it, but if you don't have Kirsch then put whatever booze in some coke.

The drinking game
Drink whenever Skoolmunkee tells a joke.

The Episode
Skoolmunkee saddles up to join me as we head to the quarantined slums to find Dr. Mordin Solus. There's some sort of plague raging through and it doesn't affect humans. Since Omega has no law enforcement (and no real laws for that matter) it's complete anarchy. Their fantastic plan for dealing with an airborne virus is to shut the place up until everyone dies and then presumably let a new group of poor people move in. The zone used to be controlled by the Blue Suns, a [strangely never heard of before this game] powerful group of mercs, but with the plague raging out of control they've lost ground and the vorcha in the area have moved in. Vorcha are inexplicably immune to disease of any sort.

Along the way we save a Batarian, and threaten to kill a couple of humans for looting all the stuff we were probably going to loot anyway. We make it to Mordin's clinic and he agrees to help us if we help to cure the plague. Mordin is one of my favorite characters. He runs at about a thousand miles a minute, even more high strung than most Salarians you run into. He was once with the STG (same group as Kirrahe from ME1) and now is on Omega handing out free healthcare to the poors. You can't make use of any of the upgrades you find until you recruit him, which is why we picked him up first. He effectively plays as an engineer, using tech powers and a pistol or SMG.

Before we can release the cure though, a group of vorcha have decided to shut down the machines and break all the fans so we'll have to take care of that before Mordin joins us.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 1, 2016

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.
For as shifty as Omega is meant to be in-game, it really does come with the best companions to recruit.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Skoolmunkee is awesome, I hope she'll be joining you again.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Setting: The Afterlife Club, Omega

Zaeed, hefting drink, speaking to bartender: Now Serrice Ice Brandy, that takes me back...
From offscreen: Zaeed!
Zaeed, setting drink down: Hold on, I've got to take this.
Zaeed spins his stool around, pulls up his rifle, and fires. Somewhere in the slums of Omega, a Vorcha dies.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Butts: No looting!

Looter: Why?

Butts: BECAUSE IT'S ALL MINE, ASSHOLES

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
SP, you seem to be choosing renegade dialogue alot more lately.

geonetix posted:

Great, so I'll get those two. They'll still set me back €16 which is 4 times as much as the game itself :downs:. Then again it's still cheaper than all the liquor for this thread

I loved Kasumi's DLC. It's basically Ocean's Eleven IN SPACE.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Kasumi the character is awesome and it gives you a bar on the Normandy. The question is why would you NOT get that DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It also gives you the Locust, which is hands down the best SMG in ME2 unless you need the Typhoon(Tempest? the one with the huge magazine on the barrel) for something specific.

• Locked thread