Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Let's do an absinthe drink for 3 and call it The True Ending. :tizzy:

Or maybe Intoxication Theory? :speculate:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Happy N7 Day thread

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Take the original squad: Garrus and Tali

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, take Garrus in Part 2

Guy can face-tank like a champ

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Also it's too bad you can't have Legion talk with the ones on the ship, apologize profusely and offer to take them home. He actually doesn't say anything about the festivities going on, which is a missed opportunity (though we will kind of hear about it later).

They were probably Heretic Geth, so it wouldn't matter anyway

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

grack posted:

At this point you just start to think "Maybe we should let the Quarians kill themselves" because they sure as poo poo don't seem to want to be saved. It's like the screamapillar from the Simpsons. I wouldn't be surprised if Quarians are also sexually attracted to laser fire and massive explosions.

Not me v:v:v

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Inferior posted:

The worst thing about the Suicide Mission is that you can get everyone out alive. It's built up as almost certain death, but turns into just another day at the office for Shepherd and the Gang. It would be more interesting, I think, if you always lost some people along the way, with your choices defining who and how many.

ME2's recurring sin is offering get out clauses to difficult decisions. Miranda or Jack? Tali or Legion? The correct answer is always 'both', which means there isn't a choice at all. Who does what in the Suicide Mission? Well, here's how to keep everyone alive, so that's the path you follow unless you really want to see your dudes get fried.

This is also the first episode in which I actually played the drinking game and now my head hurts.

You still had to put in the work to get the "best ending" though. Making consistent Paragon or Renegade decisions to hit the threshold to resolve the loyalty checks, doing all the scanning and talking to your crew to get the upgrades to the Normandy so no one dies in the initial run to the Collector Base, and being perceptive enough about your crew's strengths and weaknesses to make the right decision on who does what (how many people sent Thane to the vents?).

If you didn't put in the work, then it's on you when people start dying.

Then again, you are given a choice on how well the Suicide Mission goes. You can read the guide and feel like a badass when everyone pulls it off, or you can make the decision to send Thane into the vents or have Miranda handle the bubble so things go FUBAR.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Something I do when I've done everything in ME:2 and finish Arrival is to park the Normandy at Earth on the Galaxy Map, save and quite the game

• Locked thread