Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

SubponticatePoster posted:

I hope in Andromeda we can customize our spaceship like our armor. Because the Pink Ship of Doom needs to happen.

SSV Daddy Issues rides again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You can do some poo poo to get a save imported on a console, actually. Also Gibbed's ME2 tools let you customize any flag you want.

The default state for ME2 is basically "every possible callback is dead so you don't have them" which is smart for a new player but frustrating for anyone else. Bioware admitted after the fact they had no idea so many people would import from ME1 to 2. Like...way more people than they thought ended up doing it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

leaving Fist alive leads to a hilarious scene, so it's worthwhile

or at least it's worth looking it up on Youtube even if you let Wrex blast him every time. :v:

e: hey SP what's your capture setup? Meeting Zaeed looked kinda washed out, maybe it's just me but I remembered that hallway being a lot darker.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 29, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yes, we watched it in this video :colbert:

I'm watching Shepard drink while drinking, it's very meta ok

Running AVermedia HD capture right off the PS3. I can try turning the gamma down a bit if it looks lovely.

i'm wondering if it's a levels issue; if you use MeGUI try tossing the line ColorYUV(levels="TV->PC") before returning the final clip and previewing it to see if it looks better?

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 29, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Renegade interrupts I always take:

-every single one that's offered with two exceptions that I'm too lazy to spoiler tag :v:

I also take every paragon interrupt. Basically interrupts are awesome and good no matter what.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Phalanx is the best pistol because you get a laser dot. Fact.

The Predator just needs another few rounds in the mag to make it really competitive with the Carnifex. I remember modding it once to have +5 rounds (so 17 instead of 12) and it was actually really good, maybe too good.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You're thinking of Mordin. Robin Sachs recorded lines as Zaeed for ME3 and then Citadel and died before Citadel came out, iirc.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

is it called tooth decay, the drink?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Poil posted:

Recruiting Tali is awful on higher difficulties and made me give up on trying. The geth never stop bullshit spawning. I

pretty sure that's a bug, because they do stop - or have always stopped for me.That said, you do need to be more patient than almost anywhere else in the game. I always take the high road on the far right of the arena, and it's worked every time on Insanity. Stay in cover along the edge of that walkway like your life depends on it (because it does) and eventually, you burn through enough of them that you can make that last dash to good cover and handle the big guy from the flank.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I saw a photoshop or mod where all they did was fill in the chestplate and it makes Samara look way more awesome. I'll try to dig it up somewhere, but it was so simple. like, two minutes with the fill tool. It's just a total disconnect from character to outfit - real :rolleyes: stuff. I think even the VA (she did face capture too, right?) was like "ummm remember I just did VA and face, not uh, the rest" at first.

Poil: yeah the whole "so the Code means you don't get to stop me" wasn't perfectly executed, but I took it more of "you and I both know there's no reason for you to do this other than corrupt interests from on high" with unfortunate consequences for the poor cop having to follow orders. As in, it's not so much the Justicar Code at fault as the problem of applying a black and white morality on Blue Noveria Planet. The cop more or less says as much.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

grimlock_master posted:

This is Mass Effect though, the galaxy where Everybody Is Stupid But Shepard

yeah fundamentally as much as I want to try and handwave it, this is true. if people could be competent, there'd be no point in Shepard solving everyone's problems so they join up. Just sometimes the cracks don't show as hard as this mission.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 15, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

grack posted:

Also the worst accent in any video game ever.

best accent, shut your face

monster on a stick posted:

Now I can't unhear Conrad Marburg.

and now I can't unhear Marburg. :argh:

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 25, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hock owns. Hock should be a squadmate in ME:A.

in fact he should be the main character. And the DAO Ogre was a nice easter egg, I thought.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 9, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

MA-Horus posted:

He's dead.

Doesn't matter :colbert:

also since we're here I can point out that Shepard's little smile and nod when Kasumi pops the gunship shield was one of my favorite little touches. It's a blink and you miss it type animation, but it was pretty nice all the same. The visor sort of hides it, but you can see it after Kasumi goes maximum anime at 33:08.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 9, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

berenzen posted:

Yes to turkey. As for the maple syrup, at least we have options other than that aunt jemima's crap. Also, ketchup and all-dressed chips.

Canada literally has a strategic maple syrup reserve, just fyi here everyone

also trust me, a lot of people in the US know about the good real maple syrup, we just don't want to tell everyone else or they'll buy it all before we can :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Garrus. Always. In everything. Obviously! :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Of particular interest to this thread, Mass Effect 2 is Origin's current free On the House title. Cerberus Network (so Zaeed, Firewalker, etc) is free but it doesn't include stuff like LOTSB. As you'd expect. :shrug:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Well, to be fair to the game it's whatever casual clothes you have on. So if you're rocking the pleather or the godawful suspenders poo poo then you'll be running around in that. It would be hilarious if you autofailed for wearing the farmer outfit.

that's my favorite casual outfit and it makes the conversation great

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You don't need the ME books to really get the gist of it here, either. Knowing who the book characters are (all two that matter? One and a half?) doesn't impact their roles in game.

Kai Leng is still a stupid shitlord regardless of whether you know him as Kai Leng, invincible NPC bullshit man, or Kai Leng, cereal killer. That detail is really irrelevant in context of the gameplay. He's stupid either way, the only difference is your knowledge of the depth of how stupidly he's written.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Regalingualius posted:

Oh agreed on that, yeah. I was referring to other franchises where knowing what happens in the EU books between installments is actually necessary.

like Halo 4! :negative:

Kurieg posted:

Last anyone heard about that was them talking to the publisher back in late 2012.

I don't know any details but I would stake an awful lot of money on that discussion resulting in "it would be a big loss of money over any possible return, there is no point" ...be it from bioware, the publisher, or both parties really.

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 3, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

drinks if you hate yourself: cement mixer

drinks if you don't hate yourself: lemon, simple, soda, and tequila. I've heard this by many names so I don't know what the 'real' one is.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Mixed http/https has been an issue for a while depending on image host. If you browse the forums with https and try to see an embedded http images, browsers don't like it for security reasons.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Well, the next episode is all about bad decisions! :downs:

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/drinking_the_bottom_shelf

we can make much worse choices!

note to everyone else: don't let peer pressure make you drink any of this.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

MA-Horus posted:

NO
NO NO NO

this conversation is not happening AGAIN

it's just a small step away from the smell, you know it's inevitable. Much like the reaper cycle, every 50,000 posts someone asks The Quarian Question

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eh, just put the whole video on fast-forward so it's two minutes long. Ignoring Arrival is, uhhhhhh, a time honored tradition. :v:

• Locked thread