Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mass Effect thread here

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
Mass Effect 2 was released in January 2010 for Xbox/PC and for PS3 in January 2011. Continuing the story of Commander Shepard after the events of Mass Effect, it begins a month after Shepard and crew defeat Sovereign, the vanguard of the Reapers - sentient machines that show up every 50,000 years to wreck everyone's day. After the success of the original ME it released to glowing reviews and to this day is considered by many to be the best entrance in the trilogy. Bioware changed a lot of things for 2, most of them for the better. The graphics got a shitton better and they really limited the crap you get in your inventory. Leveling up also got simplified and some of the dumb poo poo like needing someone with an encryption skill in your party to unlock stuff got axed which really frees up your choices for party members. They removed the cooldown system on weapons and replaced it with ammo. They also switched to a universal cooldown on powers; you can't use any power until your cooldown expires which means less biotic spam (sad). You can now create combos which result in big explosions, but getting them to trigger can be a pain in the rear end unlike in 3 where you are comboing all the time off of every goddamn thing. The PS3 version that we're playing comes with all the DLC missions and even the rare promotional weapons/armor since we got it a year late. I bought a couple of cosmetic packs too, so you might see characters sporting some funny outfits.

Since this is a sequel, many of your choices from the first game carry over if you import a character. In addition to continuity of story, you also get bonuses for importing to your XP, Paragon/Renegade score, and resources. Many of the "interactions" of previously-met people involve getting emails from them at your private terminal (most hilariously your own mother if you went with the Spacer origin) so you don't actually see them again. However, we purposely did some stuff in the first game so we would see folks again and they turn up in different places. There's a new mechanic known as an "interrupt" where you can, well, interrupt people in the middle of something with a Paragon or Renegade action. Lots of times the Renegade option involves punching or killing somebody in a hilarious way to shut them up. The only thing I don't like about this is that the prompt doesn't last very long and usually cuts dialogue short where you might have wanted to hear something.

Most importantly, Bioware included the ability for Shep to get drunk all the goddamn time, which is the basis for this LP.

I can't target them!
The biggest upgrade to ME2 is gameplay. Getting into cover is much more responsive and can be done with a button press instead of humping a wall or barrier. You don't have to crouch first, Shep will do it automatically when going into cover behind something waist-high. They also added some neat things like Tech Armor for Sentinels, which can tank a shitload of damage and then explode, hurting and knocking back enemies within range. And then there's the vanguard charge, the best thing to come along since the invention of videogames. This involves smashing yourself face-first into an enemy at high velocity, either killing them outright or seriously loving them up. It's the whole reason we went with vanguard in the first place. The only downside (as far as I'm concerned) with vanguard is that the targeting can be a bit wonky and it's possible to get yourself stuck on things with no way to get off, resulting in needing to reload the previous save.

Other improvements include being able to order squadmates to position individually as well as binding powers for them to use on command. You're also able to bind 3 powers using a controller instead of the single one in ME. Powers only have 4 levels and if you take a power to level 4 you have the option to "evolve" it - making it do one of two things that provide a different bonus.

Assuming direct control
ME2 gives you a huge squad you can recruit, 12 if you get all the optional/DLC people. Each one will have their own loyalty mission like Wrex did in 1, and like that mission if you choose not to do it (or gently caress it up in a few circumstances) then that squadmate will not be loyal and it can have bad repercussions in the end game. Sometimes this will affect a loyal character so if you don't know what you're doing it's best to consult a walkthrough or wiki. We'll be recruiting everyone and doing their loyalty missions. In addition, if you make bad choices during the last mission people can die, aka sending Thane through the vents.

Drunk off our butts
I decided to try something new and fun (hopefully) for this LP. Each update will have its own themed drink. Your mission should you choose to accept it, will be to make the drink and consume it while watching the video. Sometimes a drinking game will be involved. I will post the ingredients required a couple of days prior to the next episode. There will also be a simplified drink for each update in case you're unable or can't be arsed to get some liquor you might never use again. If you're really cheap or poor and still want to play along then get yourself a 40 for 3 bucks and pound it.

Updates
RIP Butts Shepard 2154-2183 (post)
Veetoriffic (post)
Ship of tools (post)
What a pisshole (post)
The very model of a scientist Salarian (post)
Vorcha merchandise doesn't sell (post)
Rust, dust, and a bust (post)
K/G/B (post)
My favorite store on the Citadel (post)
Jailhouse Rock (post)
Getting the blues (post)
Bone Zone (post)
Just happily drunk (post)
Event Horizon (post)
Whine and cheese party (post)
Everything old is new again (post)
Just need to vent (post)
Migrant Fleet Enema (post)
A great biotic wind (post)
Work is the curse of the drinking class (post)
The family jewels are in Hock (post)
Peas in a pod (post)
2 live crew (post)
Puberty Love (post)
UHC Tuchanka style (post)
Galaxy's greatest dad (post)
Niket in the bud (post)
Make Zakera Ward Great Again (post)
Sidequest cleanup, aisle 6 (post)
Inspectre gadget (post)
Riding the whip on a sick rear end ship (post)
More like Dead Pirate Roberts (post)
Take work to your daughter day (post)
Cerberus Camp for Wayward Children (post)
Harkin back to days of yore (post)
Ina Godda da Vido (post)
Random poo poo (post)
Identify Friend or F- oh gently caress (post)
Quarian kangaroo court (post)
(God)winning the war with the Geth (post)
Going viral (post)
Suicide hotline, please hold (post)
How babby is formed (post)
Another quality Cerberus project (post)
gently caress Cerberus (post)
That's for Mindoir, bitches (post)

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Important things

How to vanguard:

Skoolmunkee's awesome ME2 coloring book. If anyone wants to color some pictures and upload them I'll post them here
http://www.masseffectsaves.com/MESS/ME2ColoringBook.pdf

Skoolmunkee also made a sequel! She said there weren't any good jokes in it but she lied: http://masseffectsaves.com/MESS/MECAB_2.pdf

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 24, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

Oh yes they get so loving butt-hurt about it.

And using the Renegade response is pretty much required.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

RIP Butts Shepard 2154-2183

The Drink
Normandy
2 oz vodka
2 oz Chambord
1 tsp Bacardi 151
Orange Juice
Grenadine

Simple version: Screwdriver

Fill a pint glass with ice. Add vodka and OJ. Stir. Add Chambord and a splash of grenadine. Float Bacardi on top and light. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE SURE THE FIRE IS OUT BEFORE YOU DRINK. Also make sure the glass isn't going to send your lips to the burn unit.

The drinking game
Drink every time there is an explosion. You will be drinking a lot, sorry.

The episode
Don't wanna spoil anything here but SHEPARD DIES. The Normandy is attacked by some strange ship we can't identify and we end up getting spaced because Joker is an idiot who thinks he can pilot a pile of flaming wreckage. The earliest promo materials for the game showed Shep dying and caused a lot of hollering. We wake up some time later to a strange voice telling us to get our rear end in gear because of course poo poo is going down.

After fighting our way through a bazillion robits (not the Geth) we meet the galaxy's blandest squadmate and find out we've been resurrected by Cerberus. Y'know, the guys from the first game who killed an admiral, experimented with husks and Rachni and got our squad killed on Akuze. Apparently they were so impressed with our badassery that they spent several billion space bucks to bring us back from the dead. The head of Cerberus, The Illusive Man (TIM to his friends) wants us to help him out with something. We gotta make it to the shuttle to get the hell off the station.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 10, 2017

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Alexeythegreat posted:

I am still debating whether to drink or not.
If I do, I'll have to make do with a bunch of whisky, but that's close enouh :v:
It's the thought that counts! If you've only got whisky then drink whisky. I suggest mixing it with something though, there are a lot of explosions in the first 10 minutes :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

geonetix posted:

I switched to tequila shots after the intro. There are too many explosions going on. All the time. At least I'll get a good night's sleep now... :downs:
:gonk: Please don't make me add "number of alcohol poisonings during this LP" count to the OP.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next update's ingredients
Gin
Lemon Juice
Simple Syrup
Club Soda

If you don't know how to make simple syrup, put a cup of water and a cup of sugar into a pot and boil until it starts to thicken. See? Simple! (you can also refrigerate the leftovers and it'll keep well for a week)

DeusExMachinima posted:

Glad you posted the vanguard flowchart, SP. Saved me the trouble. :clint:

Also I'm forever sad that they didn't go with the original ammo/heat sink weapons idea they had for ME2, which was to allow a cooldown like in 1 but with the optional choice to reload if you needed more dakka right away.
Yeah, I don't mind the ammo thing but it kind of screws up combat flow since after every encounter you spend 5 minutes running around looking for clips.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Update will be posted tonight. I hope Wednesdays are ok for drinking :ohdear:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z15DhxVSZaM&t=21s

"I think people would drink a lot more liquor, if they thought it was Wednesday all the time."
- George Carlin

:cheers:

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I got some cider, let's do this

grack posted:

There are days that aren't good for drinking?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Every day is ok for whiskey

grimlock_master posted:

Im already drinking beer after a poo poo couple of days at work, so WHO CARES BRING IT ON
I feel I've made a good choice with this LP.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Veetoriffic

The Drink
Missing Tom Colonists
2 parts gin
1 part lemon juice
simple syrup
club soda

Add gin, lemon juice and syrup, top up with club soda

Simple version: Gin & Sprite

No real game, just make it disappear like those colonists.

The Episode
Miranda shows up at the shuttle and pink slips Wilson in a rather extreme manner. Then we go meet TIM who tells us a shitload of colonists are going missing all over the place. We get sent to check it out with no real argument on our part. This is dumb, especially considering our origin where Cerberus is responsible for the death of our unit on Akuze. You don't get any real choice to do this and it's narratively retarded.

Then we go to Freedom's Progress to investigate the most recent disappearance. The mechs have gone bugshit (big surprise) and there are no people around. We run into a familiar face and find out who/what is behind the disappearances, some weird new race known as the Collectors.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 10, 2017

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Judge Tesla posted:

At least they have clothes, Jack is naked from the waist up, aside from some sort of strap over her breasts.
Which is really great if you're out in vacuum, just the little oxygen mask thing on her face. Also the fact that once you gain her loyalty she puts a shirt on.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Not even remotely similar. Jacob's outfit has nothing resembling armour plating except for the weird rear end bits on his shoulders.
He got titty plating too!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SWMadness posted:

Man I'd love to actually learn how to make some cocktails to go along with these videos, but I don't drink enough to justify buying a dozen bottles of poo poo that I'm only going to use once or twice.

SubponticatePoster posted:

There will also be a simplified drink for each update in case you're unable or can't be arsed to get some liquor you might never use again. If you're really cheap or poor and still want to play along then get yourself a 40 for 3 bucks and pound it.
No excuses :colbert:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next update's ingredients:
Vodka
Creme de Cacao
Kahlua
Half and Half
Cocoa Powder

For the lactose intolerant swap the half and half for coffee.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Ship of tools

The Drink
Cerberussian Roulette
1 oz vodka
1 oz Kahlua
1 oz Creme de Cacao
Half and Half
Cocoa Powder

Add liquors to a shaker full of ice and shake well to combine. Pour into glass, add H&H and stir. If you'd like your drink a little more foamy put all the liquids into the shaker. Dust top with cocoa powder.

Simplified drink: coffee and Kahlua

The Drinking Game
Drink every time someone says "Cerberus." Good luck and godspeed :patriot:

The Episode
We update TIM on the status of Freedom's Progress. Seems he kinda knew already what was going on (a bit of a recurring theme for the game). We agree to work with him, not like we get the option to say no. Then he gives us a present, a bigger and improved Normandy. We tour the ship and meet our new crew with a couple of familiar faces inside. Also the ship has a full-on AI which is illegal as gently caress but hey, it's Cerberus. As far as Cerb experiments go EDI is one of the few that doesn't end up killing everyone and everything though technically she does malfunction later.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 10, 2017

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

skoolmunkee posted:

Hi I just recorded with SP. We had a good time. :allears:

The Normandy reveal is the hands-down best moment of the game! I adore that god drat ship, she's so beautiful, and I was devastated when she got blown up at the start of the game. Getting an awesome redesign and lovingly crafted intro, out of nowhere, was when I was sold on this game. :3: pretty spaceboat
I hope in Andromeda we can customize our spaceship like our armor. Because the Pink Ship of Doom needs to happen.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Whiskey (or whisky)
Ginger ale
Orange bitters

A note on the bitters: They can be hard to find if you don't have a decent liquor store and can be a bit expensive. If you're lacking bitters then either pull a long piece of rind from an orange (use a paring knife and don't cut into the white pith part as it tastes lovely) or use a microplane if you don't mind a bit of texture in your drink.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

We're about to get the best Guddam Human Merc, too.

Also, bitters aren't that hard to find at all. Angostura bitters should be in just about every grocery store in the soft drink aisle.
I live in Utah. Grocery stores carry beer and if you're lucky some Mr & Mrs T margarita mix. :saddowns:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

I live in Canada. We can only get liquor at regulated government liquor stores and they make us beg for it like Oliver Twist and his bowl of gruel.
Yeah we have those too, no private liquor stores. And the state ones aren't open after 10 pm, or on Sundays or holidays. We have a local aphorism that goes "buy a fifth on the 3rd for the Fourth (of July)."

skoolmunkee posted:

It's because they've learned the UK's lesson of treating adults like grown-ups and letting them buy whatever and however much liquor they want from every corner shop and grocery store, SOMEHOW results in a country with a very high rate of alcohol abuse.

I think we should come up with some potential thread drink names. I don't really know many drink names but here's a start.

The Illusive Manhattan
Jacqueline Nought and Coke
Mirandarita
White South African
Zaeed's Butt (I don't know what this would be based on, but it would be f i n e )

edit: JOKERBOMB

edit 2: Vanguard wallbanger? OK I will stop now, your turn
I keep thinking of funny drink names when I'm busy doing something else, then I forget them :saddowns: The Illusive Manhattan is really good though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DukeofCA posted:

Emergency Induction Port :colbert:
Well really, you'd have to save that one for 3.

JT Jag posted:

A Sweaty Tali
I hate you so much right now :barf:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

What a pisshole

The Drink
Omegawd
1 oz whiskey
Ginger Ale
Orange Bitters

Combine whiskey and ginger in a rocks glass with ice. Add a dash of bitters. I garnished with an orange but a maraschino cherry would be swell too.

The Drinking Game
Drink every time somebody makes mention of how lovely Omega is.

The Episode
We head on over to Omega, which is a big fuckoff city inside a hollow asteroid. It's basically Mos Eisley. There's lots of stuff to do here in the early game; we can pick up 3 squadmates, there are a couple of vendors and we meet Aria who is more or less the leader (or tyrannical despot, tomato/tohmato) of the place. Aria is voiced by Trinity herself, Carrie-Anne Moss. Her acting is a bit :effort:. I think she was going for disaffected and instead sounded like she was bored with what she was doing. At least she swears so she isn't a total blandface. She's definitely better in 3 and its DLC, Omega. In 2 though she's just sort of there, put forward as some big badass and all she ever does is sit on that couch.

Also we pick up the best guddamn squadmate.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Alexeythegreat posted:

Ah, so that's what happens if Blake is left alive.
I could never resist killing the bitch in 1 :v:
I usually let her go, since she can be talked out of being a crime boss. Also her "look we just smuggle stuff and sell DRM free software, not sell drugs and slaves!" is pretty funny.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Psion posted:

leaving Fist alive leads to a hilarious scene, so it's worthwhile

or at least it's worth looking it up on Youtube even if you let Wrex blast him every time. :v:

e: hey SP what's your capture setup? Meeting Zaeed looked kinda washed out, maybe it's just me but I remembered that hallway being a lot darker.
Yes, we watched it in this video :colbert: Running AVermedia HD capture right off the PS3. I can try turning the gamma down a bit if it looks lovely.

grack posted:

YOU CAN'T TELL ME TO DO

*passes out face down and pantsless on the front lawn again*
Oh please, like you don't do this without the LP.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ratchild13 posted:

SubPonticate, has anyone mentioned you sometimes sound like and have similar mannerisms as Pam from Archer? Liking the LP so far, thanks for showing this off!
No, is this a good or bad thing? :haw: Glad you're liking it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Alexeythegreat posted:

It's good, as long as no cocaine is involved :v:
I work for the gubmint. The only coke I get is out of a can. Speaking of which:

Next update's ingredients
Kirsch
Cola

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

geonetix posted:

Well if anything this thread drains my bank account and fills my liquor cabinet :D.

Will we do fine wines for Mass Effect 3?
If by "fine wines" you mean Boone's Farm, then maybe.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Poil posted:

What the heck can you do with that besides just mixing them? Heat one and drop in the other as ice cubes?
Nothing. You mix it and drink it. You said you don't drink though, so I'm guessing you've never had that particular beverage. It's tasty! Also Kirsch runs about 100 proof so it will gently caress your poo poo right up.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The very model of a scientist Salarian

The Drink
Jokah Cola
Kirsch
Cola

You put the loving booze in the mixer and you drink it. Not complicated. Kirsch is cherry liqueur so it's cherry coke that fucks you up. It's unsophisticated and a bit trashy, much like Omega.

Simple version: I don't know how much more simple you can make it, but if you don't have Kirsch then put whatever booze in some coke.

The drinking game
Drink whenever Skoolmunkee tells a joke.

The Episode
Skoolmunkee saddles up to join me as we head to the quarantined slums to find Dr. Mordin Solus. There's some sort of plague raging through and it doesn't affect humans. Since Omega has no law enforcement (and no real laws for that matter) it's complete anarchy. Their fantastic plan for dealing with an airborne virus is to shut the place up until everyone dies and then presumably let a new group of poor people move in. The zone used to be controlled by the Blue Suns, a [strangely never heard of before this game] powerful group of mercs, but with the plague raging out of control they've lost ground and the vorcha in the area have moved in. Vorcha are inexplicably immune to disease of any sort.

Along the way we save a Batarian, and threaten to kill a couple of humans for looting all the stuff we were probably going to loot anyway. We make it to Mordin's clinic and he agrees to help us if we help to cure the plague. Mordin is one of my favorite characters. He runs at about a thousand miles a minute, even more high strung than most Salarians you run into. He was once with the STG (same group as Kirrahe from ME1) and now is on Omega handing out free healthcare to the poors. You can't make use of any of the upgrades you find until you recruit him, which is why we picked him up first. He effectively plays as an engineer, using tech powers and a pistol or SMG.

Before we can release the cure though, a group of vorcha have decided to shut down the machines and break all the fans so we'll have to take care of that before Mordin joins us.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 1, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DeusExMachinima posted:

SP, you seem to be choosing renegade dialogue alot more lately.
Yeah, it kind of depends on who we're talking to. Renegade in this game is a lot less "let's do stupid evil poo poo for the sake of being stupid and evil" and more "I don't have time for this poo poo." Also we died and are working for a terrorist organization so being a bit less goody-two-shoes feels more appropriate. I'll still be mostly paragon though, there's no way to cheat our score this time around and we need one or the other for some later checks.

e:

Disco Infiva posted:

Skoolmunkee is awesome, I hope she'll be joining you again.
You're in luck! We did all of Mordin's mission together, but I had to split it up so the video wasn't an hour long. She's going to be away for a bit but is free to join me for later videos when she's back.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 1, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Renegade interrupts I always take:

That guy by the window in Thane's recruitment mission
The guy yapping at you in Miranda's loyalty mission
Headbutting Uvenk

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Regalingualius posted:

No, no, not that one.

At the end of the monastery side-mission in 3, a through-and-through Renegade Shep does nothing to stop Samara from offing herself in order to resolve her conflict of code versus love for her daughter... and then shoots said daughter themselves a moment later because they don't want to take the risk of her becoming a Banshee.
Well, I guess technically you can rationalize that second part :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sour apple schnapps
Fireball
Clear soda (this can be Sprite or club depending on your sugar tolerance)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Vorcha merchandise doesn't sell

The Drink
Choke N' Die
1.5 oz sour apple schnapps
1.0 oz Fireball
Clear Soda (see previous post)

The Drinking Game
Drink anytime shutting down machines, breaking fans, or choking and dying is mentioned or actually done.

The Episode
We put cure in air. Finishing up Mordin's recruitment. Just a long combat section interspersed with silly dialogue. I didn't show it off, but if you got people to get to the clinic then they're all hanging out in the lobby. Batarian guy is really nice and promises he won't be so judgmental the next time he meets a human :3: Now that we've got Mordin we can make use of those upgrades we've been picking up.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Also, Mordin's the best squad member in the game purely for the little lines you get when you go to the lab to talk to him and he's too busy to talk.
"implications...unpleasant"

Someone on SA has an avatar of Mordin making the icky face with that caption and it cracks me up everytime I see it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
San Pellegrino Blood Orange soda
Gin
St. Germain

So, St. Germain. This stuff is somewhat expensive and I haven't found it in anything less than a fifth. If it's a pain in the rear end to find or out of your budget, you can leave it out. However we will be using it again and it's classy poo poo, so consider picking up a bottle. The bottle itself is pretty dang cool as well.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Rust, dust, and a bust

The Drink
Bleed Out
2 oz gin
1 oz St. Germain
San Pellegrino Blood Orange Soda

Combine liquors in a shaker with ice, shake to combine. Add to chilled soda

Simplified version: gin and juice

The Drinking Game
Drink every time I light someone on fire with incendiary ammo.

The Episode
Once we recruit a new squad member then we get a short conversation with them back on the ship (DLC characters don't get this) so we have a quick chat with Mordin and gently caress around with the upgrades we've now unlocked.

We're supposed to go to a really lovely planet and find a Krogan warlord named Okeer. We get there and find a bunch of Krogan fighting a bunch of rear end in a top hat mercs. The rear end in a top hat mercs are led by a super rear end in a top hat named Jedore, turns out she wanted a Krogan army and Okeer was supposed to be supplying the troops. He is, but has his own agenda. Also because Jedore is a fuckwit the Krogan Okeer is making just ignore her and go after her other mercs. There is a lot of shooting. When we finally find Okeer it turns out he's trying to make a perfect Krogan soldier who can "ignore" the genophage. He thinks he's succeeded, but before we can haul him off planet Jedore flips out and tries to poison Okeer's tank-bred and the rest of us as well, so we shut her down with extreme prejudice. Okeer dies while we're dicking around with her so we don't get to recruit him, but we take along his prototype soldier in a can.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 13, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Should be fixed now, sorry 'bout that.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

You don't pick up Archangel on Omega first? Interesting.
I prefer having a heavy hitter for that "go off and close the doors section" to leave with him and I'm rotating out people as we acquire them. Zaeed's already seen double duty.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

That makes sense. Grunt is fun to have around, especially when he does his little charge animation and knocks people over.

It does mean, though, that we'll have to wait for another update to see just how bugfuck crazy one of Butts' former squadmates went in two years.
Actually, it'll be a few updates, just FYI. Once I have the first few squadmates recruited I'll start taking votes for who people want on missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

You know the answer to this.

Bro Squad 2.0.
Not specific enough :colbert: Because there are 5 bros to choose from.

• Locked thread