Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I think you confused Shards for Shroud of the Avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

DUNT 4GEHT 2 FLAAHP UR ARRMAZ
Not released yet
Alpha / Beta
Live
Dying

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Put Darkfall RoA and Darkfall New Dawn under Dead on Arrival

The game has failed twice now and basically you have two commercial servers under licensing deals. If the game ever had a viable community, now it's split under two different visions and the differences will only divide people more, if these things ever launch at all.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 26, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Just going to leave this steaming pile right here:
http://shadowbaneemulator.com/

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Put Darkfall RoA and Darkfall New Dawn under Dead on Arrival

The game has failed twice now and basically you have two commercial servers under licensing deals. If the game ever had a viable community, now it's split under two different visions and the differences will only divide people more, if these things ever launch at all.

Well there is a (small) playerbase for this niche, and those people will stick to the Darkfall franchise because there is simply no alternative.
Name me one Fantasy Full Loot FPS MMORPG Sandbox that is good and has no Mortal or Darkfall in its name.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

kibato posted:

Well there is a (small) playerbase for this niche, and those people will stick to the Darkfall franchise because there is simply no alternative.
Name me one Fantasy Full Loot FPS MMORPG Sandbox that is good and has no Mortal or Darkfall in its name.

UO

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

I said come in! posted:

Bring back Star Wars Galaxies.

I hope this will one day happen :(

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

This one I've been alpha testing for a while and got really high hopes for. I've chatted up the devs a bunch and they're cool people, respond well to community feedback, and have some of the best design methodologies I've seen in MMOs. It's a full loot PvP game made explicitly to be accessible for people with day jobs. That means low grind, death that isn't crippling, with soft caps and catchup mechanics so you don't have to make it a second job. The devs have been consistently working on newbie/solo player QoL stuff and antizerg mechanics. Everything is friendly fire, and all your attacks are skillshots or AoEs, which leads to a lot of hilarity. It also means big zerg fights tend to quickly break up into a bunch of localized scirmishes and battle lines to keep from hitting allies, which makes them a lot more engaging imo. The combat itself is twitchy, hectic, and engaging, with a lot of build diversity. Gear is more about min-maxing your statline than gaining a strict numerical advantage over someone, so having it get looted isn't that big of a deal. I spent a lot of time running around naked dieing a bunch and having a blast.

Game doesn't have enough content to support a goon community yet, but I'll be trying to wrangle one when it hits beta, which should be later this year sometime.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 28, 2016

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Havent tried any official servers since 2006, was dead then, should be deader now. Last I checked UO Roleplay was a decent shard to play because they don't bot.

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

...is not a FPS

@Pavlov, yeah I've also played in a past alpha test and it was a lot of fun.

But my heart wants a Darkfall like experience with First-Person view and manual aiming.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kibato posted:

...is not a FPS

@Pavlov, yeah I've also played in a past alpha test and it was a lot of fun.

But my heart wants a Darkfall like experience with First-Person view and manual aiming.

If you didn't say fantasy I would have suggested Face of Mankind. That was loads of bad game fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQkBegE7WuU

If you were willing to settle for third person, Gloria Victis is pretty fun M&B-esque combat.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I updated the OP.

Did not include any of the Darkfalls because of the splintered community. If anyone wants to try to justify their inclusion, feel free.

Das Tal sounds neat. Mortal Online does too (never played it), but I feel like I'm falling victim to some scam by saying that.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Diet Crack posted:

I think you confused Shards for Shroud of the Avatar.

Did I?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Oh I thought we were literally listing bad games.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Diet Crack posted:

Oh I thought we were literally listing bad games.

Not on purpose, just seems to be a trend

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Look, another lovely cash grab game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8F0amn3BRE

If being a clone escaping through the woods naked sounds appealing, this may be the game for you

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Looks like Ultima Online with more bikini chicks. I mean it could turn out okay but I really doubt it. Also what's with all the bikinis?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Morglon posted:

Looks like Ultima Online with more bikini chicks. I mean it could turn out okay but I really doubt it. Also what's with all the bikinis?

you see, this game is set in medieval san diego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Ruggan posted:

Look, another lovely cash grab game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8F0amn3BRE

If being a clone escaping through the woods naked sounds appealing, this may be the game for you

Never heard of this. Interesting.

quote:

User-owned custom servers. Every player will be able to create and customize his own world.
Goddamn it.

• Locked thread