Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

staberind posted:

Can you prove conclusively if necking a bottle of vodka makes your rads go down?

That's easy to do, so that definately goes on the list.

But disappointing that no one suggested actual cool stuff, like spray painting SomethingAwful.com on the reactor block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

That gas mask on a bare face looks like it'd provide a heap of protection against radiation.

against breathing in radioactive material, yeah.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Onkel Hedwig posted:

But disappointing that no one suggested actual cool stuff, like spray painting "MODS KNEW" on the reactor block.

fixed that for you

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
get out of here, op. that isnt a video game reference. i just want you to go away and not come back.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
MELT THE CORE, DOOBIE

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Take some plutonium home so you can make your own reactor. Free power for 50,000 years

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me
Danke, Gorbi!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
smoke a doob in the freedom base

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Onkel Hedwig posted:

But disappointing that no one suggested actual cool stuff, like spray painting SomethingAwful.com on the reactor block.
carve a butt plug out of the elephant's foot.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Get captured and spend four years in a torture prison for ultimate goon cred (credibility) imho OP

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Onkel Hedwig posted:

paint something awful on the reactor block.....but here is the twist......do it with your dingdong OP! :stare:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Carry a printer to the reactor block but here is the twist........you just print out pictres of Doobies Dog House......with your dingdong OP! :stare:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ask the guide if you can gently caress the sarcophagus

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Get so heavily irradiated so hard that you mutate into a real life dickbutt. Then use it to so those things betawars just posted.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Bring me back a few artifacts OP. Just don't get killed by anomalies and bloodsuckers.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
OP, congratulations on dying from a random-rear end cancer at the age of 47 you'll never attribute to your 2016 trip to the exclusion zone, but to "bad luck" instead.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Steal iodine tablets, put them in an unmarked mason jar and give them to trick or treating kids in America for the next halloween

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Blather incessantly about how everything is great in America to your Ukrainian guides and watch them seethe because they're being paid $280 a month to maintain a healthy green glow on their dicks

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Make sure to mention that it was a 'real-life' computer game experience that made you want to visit Pripyat. AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN PIRATE THE GODDAMN GAME

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Radiotourism is the dumbest idea conceived by a western man. Caro at least has verifiable torture marks to reminisce about, while you will only end up with a radioactive dick (PROTIP: your dick won't gain super powers as it's a failure either way, radioactive or not)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Every time you gently caress from now on, you'll be legally required to shove a dosimeter up your wookie's rear end

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Use a lot of computer game lingo on the site and quantify your experience in obscure / obsolete measurement units

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
if you dont teabag the elephant foot i will be incredibly disappointed

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Ask your guides to pass you a loaded AK in case you get zerg rushed by a bunch of radioactive creepers or something. Act confused when they grow indignant on you

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

fyodor posted:

Take a selfie with the elephant's foot.

This mufucka right here:

iirc the picture looks like that because the radiation was so intense that it damaged the film

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Whoa.....way to win GBS's heart right here :f5: ....hope youre paying attention OP!

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000
I want you to re-enact this video in front of the Pripyat reactor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqDXlfASMM

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

corium, more like boreium :rolleyes:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
please etch my forums name into Pripyat

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
In this thread I get real mad about someone going to Pripyat as a tourist but ignore the fact that I live in a city with a coal power plant.

Grrr radiation is dumb don't expose yourself to it if you can help it
*breathes deeply*

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
At the best opportunity, run off from the group and go to the scary parts of town. The one with the skulls on signs, that tells you its spooky.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
Take pictures of any other Ukrainian town and post them side by side and see if anybody can tell the difference.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

"lookatme internet, I'm like a 7565th twit to take a selfie with ChAES in the background"

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

I want you to re-enact this video in front of the Pripyat reactor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqDXlfASMM

cheeky breeky blaubseeahh

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

KakerMix posted:

In this thread I get real mad about someone going to Pripyat as a tourist but ignore the fact that I live in a city with a coal power plant.

Grrr radiation is dumb don't expose yourself to it if you can help it
*breathes deeply*

In this thread I get really stupid and believe it's super cool to pay a buncha money to travel to the radioactive exclusion zone around Chernobyl. I think it's even cooler to pay a buncha Ukrainians some more money to go into that radioactive exclusion zone where contamination still shows up all over the place and prolly will for a couple hundred years. But nothing is as cool as taking pictures of the worst areas of the disaster site with nothing more than a shiny suit, skullcap, and cheap respirator.

gently caress yeah bro Stalker was the godamn best!

E: jokes aside, I'm betting shinyguy is a scientist or something, but holy hell that gear is scary as gently caress. I've seen plenty of guys get crapped up around cleaner, functioning reactors wearing double sets of full protective clothing and PAPH on their heads.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 16, 2016

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Honky Dong Country posted:

In this thread I get really stupid and believe it's super cool to pay a buncha money to travel to the radioactive exclusion zone around Chernobyl. I think it's even cooler to pay a buncha Ukrainians some more money to go into that radioactive exclusion zone where contamination still shows up all over the place and prolly will for a couple hundred years. But nothing is as cool as taking pictures of the worst areas of the disaster site with nothing more than a shiny suit, skullcap, and cheap respirator.

gently caress yeah bro Stalker was the godamn best!

you seem really uptight, you should consider changing careers to something less stressful

like, when you see someone lighting up a cigarette do you run screaming "NOOOOOOOOOO!" and slap it out of their hands?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Klyith posted:

you seem really uptight, you should consider changing careers to something less stressful

like, when you see someone lighting up a cigarette do you run screaming "NOOOOOOOOOO!" and slap it out of their hands?

I smoke like a house on fire. But going into any RCA without reason much less compensation is like a firefighter hanging out in a bonfire for giggles.

My job is dangerous but it's like any heavy industry job just with the added danger of radiation. As long as nobody is being a huge loving moron you'll prolly not die from an industrial accident. The radiation is just plain gonna happen. A radworker on average has about an 8% increase in cancer risk. There's a reason it pays well. I know several people that work only about 3-4 months out of the year and then do whatever the gently caress they want the rest of the time.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 16, 2016

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

fyodor posted:

Take a selfie with the elephant's foot.

This mufucka right here:

This will kill you after 5 minutes

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Honky Dong Country posted:

I smoke like a house on fire. But going into any RCA without reason much less compensation is like a firefighter hanging out in a bonfire for giggles.

My job is dangerous but it's like any heavy industry job just with the added danger of radiation. As long as nobody is being a huge loving moron you'll prolly not die from an industrial accident. The radiation is just plain gonna happen. A radworker on average has about an 8% increase in cancer risk. There's a reason it pays well.
out of curiosity, how is the death rate from cancer for you guys compared to general population? on the one hand increased exposure means more risk, but I would suspect that you guys get checked for cancer a lot more often too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AHH FUGH posted:

This will kill you after 5 minutes

not as bad as your posts, ive only been looking at them for a few seconds and i already feel like dying

• Locked thread