Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

It has to be intentional that the logos spell out FAG. Right guys?

Right?

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Elsa posted:

It looks like a copy of a copy of something the tattoo artist saw one time in a magazine, a victim of lost in translation.

I could have sworn this was an actual thing that existed and was just badly translated by the artist, but apparently it's just a couple of very prolific stock drawings. I did find this one though, which would be a pretty :3: tattoo if done by someone competent.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

The only Chad I know is about 5'2" and got his head photoshopped onto things for several months straight after he got a promotion at work. He was pretty cool, just a huge nerd, which doesn't seem right for a Chad.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

fullroundaction posted:

It's probably a semi-famous person she met's signature.

My friend tattooed over where Samwise Didier (the Blizzard artist) signed her arm one time, but she's covered in tattoos, she worked at Blizzard for almost a decade, and Samwise is pretty awesome, so nobody I know has ever given her poo poo for it. That could be because our circles are full of people who would think it was awesome rather than dumb, but still.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Nah, not really. New and changing are the new art styles that people are coming up with, e.g. new school(Kelly Doty), Psycho Trad(Geary Morrill plug cause :swoon:) and other stylistic newcomers, like the hardcore stippling that Ildo does(https://www.instagram.com/ildo_tattoo/).

Watercolour tattoos have been around for awhile now, I certainly wouldn't classify them as "cutting edge."

Isn't Kelly Doty a goon (was?) or was that someone else? That style is hauntingly familiar. I know we had a couple of really good artists in the good tattoo thread that I can't find anymore, including someone who was related to one of the big names. Years have dulled my memory, sorry.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Internet Wizard posted:

Yes, she is, and you're probably thinking of Ed Hardy's son.

That's the one, thanks. :v:

e: dumb question

TheKennedys has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Jan 11, 2017

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

sweeperbravo posted:

the artist was really bad

I think it's this one

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

It came from facebook:

I have a friend who is very fond of the term "vanilla bean basic bitch" and it seems to fit. Even if it's "ironic" it's still stupid. The linework is okay at least, except for whatever the gently caress that arrow fletching is supposed to be about

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

strangemusic posted:

Nah that's hilarious.

Tagging the aforementioned friend in it led to an extended argument between several people about whether or not it was funny and whether he was himself incredibly basic for not thinking so (yes, and also yes)

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Cuazl posted:

[...]a boss from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest?

Mystic Quest owned, fight me :colbert:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

From a facebook vegan-mockery page:

There's a lot of "oh, it would be so pretty if it didn't say VEGAN" comments but even as someone with no tattoos the linework is dodgy at best and those leaves are awful

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

ricketyvickyt posted:

What a waste of prime real estate:

It's THFC for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

I'm glad you said that because I legit had no idea, my best guess was a badly misspelled "thicc"

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

The shark/whale battleships are loving rad :kimchi:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

hoo boy. Completely unironic, reposted to a facebook rageposting group as a "what the gently caress I am ashamed to know this person". The comments on the original are almost completely blissfully naive about the...uh...I hesitate to use the word "quality"

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

nerve posted:

e: lol it looks like theres some weed between the passenger seat and the center console thing

nah, no stoner with two brain cells to rub together keeps weed outside some kind of container

oh wait

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

I would really like that little Peter Pan outline on dumb scratcher girl if it was, y'know, competently done

I love Peter Pan though

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Hasn't that happened to Kelly Doty enough times that she's actually bothered to call out a few people, or is that one of the other goon artists I'm thinking of?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

The entire DuckTales theme song in comic sans as a tramp stamp

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

The Bloop posted:

not even close

A little closer to Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates' Peter Pan, but still no

I will fight about Peter Pan and the Pirates (it was v bad but I loved the hell out of it because I love Peter Pan in general and I was ten). Tim Curry Hook makes it entirely worthwhile.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

Also who is going to give a poo poo about White Claw in six months to a year. It's pickle Rick all over again.

It's nasty too, give me a Mike's or a Smirnoff smash if I'm drinking fruity gas station stuff, those are at least strong. My friend likes them, I have no idea why

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Memento posted:

cross postin' from the military idiots thread

That is not an improvement over the ratty faded Road Runner and that's a really low bar

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

once again q!=e

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Like you wouldn't overlook some bad tattoos, I know I have

huge thundercats logo across the chest, which still pops into my head occasionally and makes me question the life choices that led to that relationship

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

What is her number? Asking for a friend.

*his

:v:

e: and these days he looks exactly like you'd expect for a 40-year-old Gamer who got a thundercats chest piece 20 years ago

TheKennedys has a new favorite as of 15:44 on Oct 12, 2019

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

The Quora rabbit hole from this led to a shitload of "IS IT TRUE SWEDEN IS COLLAPSING BECAUSE MUSLIMS" questions with answers that were, comfortingly, almost entirely Swedish people recognizing them as alt-right trolls and/or morons and dunking on the concept of Sweden as a country even becoming religious, let alone Muslim

e: not really thread relevant but it was a nice change from the usual comments on literally anything so

TheKennedys has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Feb 18, 2020

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

It's okay to be nervy going near the Long Man. It's basically the landscape saying "I've got a great big tonker"

like three other threads I read are on a Pratchett derail, no apologies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

whypick1 posted:

:agreed:

The line work is just...sad.

many things in this picture are sad