Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

movies are cool :yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ATUzDepmjo

written, produced, and directed by the virtuoso william girdler (grizzly, the day of the animals, three on a meat hook), the manitou was the final nutty chapter in his short career before his chopper was struck down from the sky by an angry god

tony curtis parties (in a mystic robe)

the story comes from a novel by graham masterson about a malevolent indian shaman reborn from a ladys neck (its pretty cool)

its not a tumor

eventually an honest to goodness medicine man shows up to combat dark forces and these tactics run the gamut from a magic circle to chucking a typewriter at a midget during a snowstorm in a surgery ward

it all moves along at a fairly quick pace, the cast is cool (theres burgess meredith playing his most doddering role ever), and it ends with a topless laser space battle

your god wont help you. nothing in your christian world will help. not prayers, not holy water, not the weight of a thousand of your churches

what oscars are made of

so gbs what are your favorite movies because movies are rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
My big fat Greek wedding

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
13th warrior

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
hooray, a thread i can seriouspost in:

Dial M for Murder (1954) - Alfred HItchcock's finest work imo. Not much to be said. Just watch it.

The Night of the Hunter (1955) - Robert Mitchum as a murderous religious zealot. A bit dry, a bit slow to get started, but an intense movie nonetheless with fantastic cinematography.

Zardoz (1974) - Sean Connery plays Zardoz, an iconoclast who soon finds himself thrust into a totally different world beyond what he could imagine. The nature of humanity is discussed at length.

Logan's Run (1976) - More dystopian 70's sci-fi. A must watch.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - Jeff Goldblum's first speaking role. Also has Donald Sutherland as an uptight health inspector and Leonard Nimoy as a pop-psychologist. Love it

Children of Men (2006) - One of the few modern dystopian films that isn't lovely. I guess I have a thing for bleak timelines.

The Mist (2007) - An ending so dramatic and heart-wrenching that Stephen King considers it superior to his own.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Hackers

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Lifeforce is a cool movie because it's a movie about vampires from space with bangin' tits destroying the world by having sex with people and making Patrick Stewart spew blood sideways from all his holes

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Some Like it Hot.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Granmas Boy

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Look who's talking

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Guy Mann posted:

Lifeforce is a cool movie because it's a movie about vampires from space with bangin' tits destroying the world by having sex with people and making Patrick Stewart spew blood sideways from all his holes

yeah it is

hackers and zardoz and dial m and 13th warrior and '78 snatchers good times

night of the hunter is cool too

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 16, 2016

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the world according to garp

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Baby geniuses

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Wizard of oz

:aaa:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

dad gay. so what posted:

is that like dorf

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ5Q0CHQ0EU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i have an emotional attachment to:

wild at heart

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

dad gay. so what posted:

john lithgow as a tranny linebacker is my favorite role of his

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Hotel for dogs

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Reservoir Dogs
Blade Runner
Mary Poppins

Not necessarily in that order.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

JiveHonky posted:

Hotel for dogs

I had to watch snow dogs on a plane

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

spend 20 mins sometime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11p0y9z1XOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

13th warrior

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Children of Men (2006) - One of the few modern dystopian films that isn't lovely. I guess I have a thing for bleak timelines.

City of God
The Science of Sleep

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
holy farking schite how coud i 4get they live. too many b33rs

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Blazing Saddles

Anything else by Mel Brooks.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i liked superbad (:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Reservoir Dogs
Blade Runner
Mary Poppins

Not necessarily in that order.

Blade Runner is a horrible movie. Throw away all the parts where you are seeing a futurists Los Angeles from really high camera angles, and all you're left with is a movie about a lovely cop who gets lucky by chasing around a bunch dumbass fake humans in wanna be New York. Like when he fights the gymnastic woman. She could have killed him at any point, but noooo, she lets the cop go at one point and then runs to the opposite side of a building, and then takes a running start to kill him, but she gets shot instead.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I seen it

I cooked it

In tribute to my movie bruvva

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Swallowtail butterfly. Sympathy for Mr vengeance. The host. Ichi the killer. Battle Royale. My sassy girl. Memories of murder. I saw the devil. Delicatessen. Iron monkey. Ping pong. And welcome to dongmokgol

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Blade Runner is a horrible movie. Throw away all the parts where you are seeing a futurists Los Angeles from really high camera angles, and all you're left with is a movie about a lovely cop who gets lucky by chasing around a bunch dumbass fake humans in wanna be New York. Like when he fights the gymnastic woman. She could have killed him at any point, but noooo, she lets the cop go at one point and then runs to the opposite side of a building, and then takes a running start to kill him, but she gets shot instead.

im reading this in youtube voice with lots of jump cuts

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

What bad movies do you like there Siskel

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

im gaye posted:

*click gear
*x2 speed.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
I got one word for you:

Tarantino

Tarantino

Tarantino

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

im gaye posted:

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea
Everyone in this thread seems to be forgetting A Boy and His Dog.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Deus Rex Machina posted:

Everyone in this thread seems to be forgetting A Boy and His Dog.

boy and his dog is good and the king wastelander reminds me of the villain in street trash, which also rules

heres the best scene in street trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwTuf7p9pFU

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
street trash is that one with the hobos that get poisoned or mutated or somethin right

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

street trash is that one with the hobos that get poisoned or mutated or somethin right

tenafly viper, the magic melt malt

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

i like lots of movies, tarantino flix are always cool but one of my faves is akira because lmao have you ever loving done psychedelic drugs and watched that poo poo?? holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

JiveHonky posted:

Look who's talking

look who's talking too

• Locked thread