Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh my god

the first two episodes of this show failed to grab me at all but i gave episode 3 a watch last night and really loved it and episode 4 is already loving perfect

e; ok i just saw a small animal riding on a roomba this show is officially perfect

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Not a lot of action this week, but pieces of the larger plot keep assembling.

I'm glad that Kenosuke and the ferret have made friends. :3:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm glad to see Kennousuke adapt to the posting lyfe so quickly.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"Learn 2 speak normal Japanese wwwwwwww"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It was a pretty :mrapig: thing to post.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

As soon as he responded to one of his posting adversaries with "Kill yourself," he had truly acclimated to the modern world.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
While lots of this episode worked extremely well, it also felt like the storytelling fell apart at points. Like the survival of the two filmers, are we supposed to think they walked all the way, and didn't bum a ride or something? There was no good indication of the amount of time that passed, for a moment, I thought there was going to be a twist where they were sucked forward in time by the explosion. Also, when Yukina returned home, there was a big gap in time where she and her uncle were both home, why didn't he contact the mother, just to let her know that she's safe?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Dramatic tension and a dash of plot induced stupidity.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Like the survival of the two filmers, are we supposed to think they walked all the way, and didn't bum a ride or something?

It was evacuated for miles right? And I doubt they wanted to ask the military.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yukina is a teenage girl, meaning she is incredibly self-absorbed.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Picked up this series after seeing some gifs/webms, and it's pretty good! The ferret riding the roomba had me sold.

Kennosuke is a pretty cool dude.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
I like how they've presented Yukina's reluctance to pilot with Ken. Not wanting to murder other 'humans' and be murdered in a giant murdering mech are pretty good reasons.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Well that was a pretty good resolution to the reluctant-pilot subplot. Yukina gets over her tantrum by realizing this stupid fucker is gonna suicide the first chance he gets without her watching him, and Ken gets it beat in his skull that he has responsibilities to others even if his clan was wiped out, though at this rate he's due for a freakout when Yukina gets hurt. Action is amazing as always, the military actually makes a difference, and I love the new dynamite on a stick method of dealing with the Dullahans.

Kensuke's stream is probably the highest rated drama in the country at this point.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Where can I find this?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

Where can I find this?

Fansubs only at the moment, so search nyaa.

Netflix will eventually have it... once all 24ish episodes are complete.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
alternatively, horriblesubs hosts the gg releases on their site

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i wish the 2 friends would have stayed dead, anyway

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Geology saves the day again.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Davincie posted:

i wish the 2 friends would have stayed dead, anyway

I had a vibe about Yukina this whole time where "She's kind of like Shinji if Shinji didn't belong in a trash can" and this bit here cemented that poo poo for me

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

OnimaruXLR posted:

I had a vibe about Yukina this whole time where "She's kind of like Shinji if Shinji didn't belong in a trash can" and this bit here cemented that poo poo for me

This whole show is bizarroverse Evangelion and I'm loving it.

e: and I really like Eva itself

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
evangelion is about people with horrible issues that they ultimately never manage to work past and are utterly ruined as human beings for it as even more horrible, hosed up stuff happens to them that only pushes their issues even deeper until they're beyond helping

this is a show about some people who have some personal issues and flaws but are eventually able to work past them for each other's sake and then send giant robots out to fight moon robots and then a silly samurai man gets adorably confused by modern technology and culture but even though he feels out of place and like his reason for living has long since passed, he has people around him who care about him and are working to make sure he understands he still has a place in the world and people who love him

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

mulder and scully eh

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Davincie posted:

mulder and scully eh

vindication at last, eh mulder?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
god drat are they really bad at internal security

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah, really. Why the heck didn't they bother giving this guy a shock collar? Kennosuke is still stuck wearing his.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Plot based stupidity.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Phobophilia posted:

"Man crushes own hand and wrist and takes out 4 armed guards in 5 seconds" is not something most security people are prepared to deal with.

He was also marking where the security cameras were the whole time so he could avoid them long enough for his giant robot to show up.

None of this excuses not giving him a shock collar though, yeah.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
The only thing I can think of as an in universe explanation would be that he is considered a POW and there are rules about treatment of POWs that make shock collars off limits, Kennosuke is just a dude so they can do what they want to him.

Also here's hoping Bandana Boy and Camera Creep end up piloting a captured robot. :laugh:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
and now those two further reinforce the fact that they are Literally Toji and Kensuke from Eva by how Literally Toji is trying to get into a giant robot

don't do it, Actually Toji died from that D:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The only thing I can think of as an in universe explanation would be that he is considered a POW and there are rules about treatment of POWs that make shock collars off limits, Kennosuke is just a dude so they can do what they want to him.

Also here's hoping Bandana Boy and Camera Creep end up piloting a captured robot. :laugh:

Efidolg: The secret signatory of the Geneva Conventions. :v:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

paragon1 posted:

Efidolg: The secret signatory of the Geneva Conventions. :v:

I thought the way that worked was that you are supposed to follow those rules regardless of whether the opponent is a signatory or not?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I thought the way that worked was that you are supposed to follow those rules regardless of whether the opponent is a signatory or not?

I'm not an expert on international military law and Google isn't yielding any reliable answers thought some people seem to think "Yes, up until the other side violates them."

Though this guy is also not a uniformed member of any recognized nations military, so I think he might technically be a stateless terrorist and/or criminal.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one actually follows the geneva conventions. they are mostly used as an excuse to decry how the other side isn't following them. the pow parts are kind of strange and archaic anyway.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Also, considering the guy was able to crush his own goddamn hand without even flinching, its pretty likely a shock collar would have had no effect on him.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Yeah, Kensuke is an actual human being while this guy appears to be a body-snatching alien. The effects probably wouldn't be the same.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 14, 2016

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

paragon1 posted:

"Man crushes own hand and wrist and takes out 4 armed guards in 5 seconds" is not something most security people are prepared to deal with.

He was also marking where the security cameras were the whole time so he could avoid them long enough for his giant robot to show up.

None of this excuses not giving him a shock collar though, yeah.

Avoiding security cameras? Well maybe after he breaks out, but then I'm puzzled that 1) they'd walk him along a route that doesn't have full coverage, and 2) they don't have someone remotely watching the feed for such a high-risk "guest".
Also have some of the guards walk a distance away dammit. Everyone clustered up makes it so much easier to take them all out.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in the new episode the base personnel was still stunningly incompetent, giant onigiri

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
giant curry onigiri

holy gently caress i gotta try dat

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

That onigiri was the true star of this episode, holy gently caress, Koharu is some sort of onigiri savant to make a monstrosity like that and not have it just fall to bits. Also gyoza onigiri is amazingly redundant, Koharu best chef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

• Locked thread