Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Heck, gg is also rescuing this show from crappy 4chan subs? Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ha ha

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This show is good and I hope that it continues to be good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There have been a bunch of attempts at making new popular mecha ip's in recent years. It is just that all of those shows have been deeply flawed, dull as dirt or intrinsically terrible. Kuromukuro is a good show with no caveats. Well, so far at least.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Koharu owns. She loves samurai dramas so her first reaction upon meeting a real life samurai is to gently caress with him whenever possible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Curry is brown sludge with unidentifiable chunks in it.

I love how after tasting the spiciest thing of his life he just went for it, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would make logical sense for them to be dead, but narrative sense for them to be alive. normally they would have somehow ended up with the aliens, but the aliens didn't seem to have any source of information about earth. i dunno, maybe a third faction saved them? there is at least one survivor of the original scouting party.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yukina is a teenage girl, meaning she is incredibly self-absorbed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one actually follows the geneva conventions. they are mostly used as an excuse to decry how the other side isn't following them. the pow parts are kind of strange and archaic anyway.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for stuff like curry bread they use curry which has a lot less liquid. the same effect could be achieved by just cooking all the liquid away.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If Kennosuke was really a samurai, he wouldn't have recognized the blue hair dude. Everything indicates that this is the first time this particular group of aliens have visited earth. Different people were in the advance party. I guess it is vaguely possible that all of them are brainwashed samurai, and that the bunch in orbit have also been in stasis but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Like, why go through all that extra trouble if they were already present when the macguffin blew up?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

OddObserver posted:

The aliens don't seem like the sort to come up with an elaborate fake samurai back story.

The aliens didn't. If Kennosuke's memories were altered it was done in order to fight against the advance party.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

esselfortium posted:

What the heck is the deal with the silly masks and armor suits, anyway? They look ridiculous.

Presumably some future plot point will hinge on a secret alien. I don't think one will be the princess or another princess lookalike, though. Fusnarnie barely reacted to Yukina.

Also, it is amazingly dumb how Scully grilled Kennosuke because the unmasked pilots didn't look like his crude drawing of a guy in a mask.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Demicol posted:

Ken's sword was noted as having an "User ID-system", guessing its like the guns in MGS4 in that it wont work for anyone but the person its "registered" to. How can he use the sword if its just stolen tech? It has to be his originally, I'm betting.

The robots produces the swords. He already had one that broke and the robot replaced it. Even if Ken was not the original pilot (I still think he probably was), it would still make a sword for him. It is kind of strange how a robot with two pilots only makes swords for one of them, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I figure it is just a regular sword while locked. Regular swords are completely useless for a civilization that can send out armies of autonomous robots.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Presumably some future plot point will hinge on a secret alien. I don't think one will be the princess or another princess lookalike, though. Fusnarnie barely reacted to Yukina.

Also, it is amazingly dumb how Scully grilled Kennosuke because the unmasked pilots didn't look like his crude drawing of a guy in a mask.

ha, my predictions for this show are even worse than usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my favorite part is how after they demonstrated how competent and knowledgeable they were throughout the entire crafting process, they looked like huge goobers when they started chopping things.

• Locked thread