Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Kuromukuro feels more character driven show than plot/mecha driven show. It's working now, Samurai-kun and the MC are playing off each other well. I mean, huge events are occurring, we have some kind of alien invasion, and civilians are getting abducted, and it's all being played as no big deal. Instead, all the focus is on Kennosuke being a fish out of water from being warped forward in time.

I'm enjoying the show a great deal now, but there are just some things that don't sit right with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
this show is really fun

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
MC is swole as hell and got in the robot: no

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
While lots of this episode worked extremely well, it also felt like the storytelling fell apart at points. Like the survival of the two filmers, are we supposed to think they walked all the way, and didn't bum a ride or something? There was no good indication of the amount of time that passed, for a moment, I thought there was going to be a twist where they were sucked forward in time by the explosion. Also, when Yukina returned home, there was a big gap in time where she and her uncle were both home, why didn't he contact the mother, just to let her know that she's safe?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
god drat are they really bad at internal security

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
giant curry onigiri

holy gently caress i gotta try dat

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
yeh they're totally building up ken as a amnesiac infiltrator, and he's going to get reactivated at some point

alien lady is going to turn up as an infiltrator on their own. and holy crap, security is lax, there should be no civilians within several miles. surely the aliens can tap and decode something as elementary as video feeds

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
its got some kind of power field within it that cuts through ordinary materials and reprograms smart materials to deactivate

disable that and its probably a blunt stick

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Thematically, this show is less about cool robofights and the existential threat of alien invasions, and more about asking yourself "how do you find meaning in your life". Which explains all the episodes of the characters loving around with little care in the world, and the casual victory over the aliens a few eps ago, and here: the actual emotional climax of the show.

The final scenes were very cute.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
also we still gotta resolve the plot point on why yukina is a clone of yukihime and has an irresistible compulsion to go to spaaaace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
while i think there are potential stories to be told from zeru's home planet, i also think that enough is said, and further adventures are best left to our imagination

also, the efidolg are a bunch of technobarbarians, give this technology to a bunch of hyperaggressive short-lived apes with clever ideas such as "launch projectiles from as far a range as possible", and they'll kick the rear end of these idiots. whatever algorithm is driving the efidolg expansion is so incompetent that it can't iterate such a design, and must constantly raid planets looking for promising military minds to clone and indoctrinate

and im glad the reverse engineered efidolg technology has successfully stabilised the political situation. also, i think this is the only time ive seen pla troops depicted positively in anim

• Locked thread