Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I couldn't help but notice in Episode 2 that the 'demons' only attacked those who attacked them first. Notice how the big yellow one waited for that train to go past before he sliced that bridge.

Odds on a miscommunication-based conflict?

The ostrichbots also didn't care about civilians.

I'm also saying they are from Mars, just because of the girl wanting to go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I like how the little sister speaks in an old timey way for Kennosuke and how mixing foods together is an unbearable sin to him.

They are tiny seemingly inconsequential details that shows just how far back he's from.

It's because it looks like poop :ssh:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

OK, hands up now, did anyone fail to predict that twist at the end? :v:

Wonder if we've got a Macross situation here? You know, Earth humans being a backwater offshoot of a galaxy-spanning civilisation.

I say we're going to Mars :colbert:

What's interesting is that they know the mecha, but aren't phased that it has been a few hundred years since it has fallen into human hands.
That cryostasis from episode one might be much more common.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Deploying your robots by firing them out of a railgun :black101:

It's a GAUS(S) gun.
A tardis one on top of that.

Those weird blocks sticking out of the back and rear end of the robots are missing on the Headless and Yellow Crab mecha, btw.
I guess that's the gravity control mechanism?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

If Kennosuke was really a samurai, he wouldn't have recognized the blue hair dude. Everything indicates that this is the first time this particular group of aliens have visited earth. Different people were in the advance party. I guess it is vaguely possible that all of them are brainwashed samurai, and that the bunch in orbit have also been in stasis but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Like, why go through all that extra trouble if they were already present when the macguffin blew up?

Kennosuke being an alien doesn't explain them being identical to humans. Blue-haired guy was convinced only aliens can control the robots, but it seems the nano-machine fuckery is what makes it possible since that's the only difference. So only blue-haired guy's wrong statement about the technology and Kennosuke having seen him/his doppelganger before is speaking for Kennosuke being an alien.
The aliens are also abducting people for unknown reasons. So maybe people got abducted during Kennosuke's time, as during the flashback, the aliens were already active. Those people got sent back, then the princess somehow got the Black Relic and the invasion blew up.
It takes some time to travel back and forth, so that's why they only show up now.

As for the potty mouth:
He didn't refer to the guns as "Pussy", but "Lovers".

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

So all Efidolg knights have red pupils.
This speaks for them being clones/brainwashed as the "new" character introduced this week doesn't have them in earlier iterations.
It also suggests that Kennosuke is just the way he is.

Translation notes:
The chemical explosives are actually supposed to be sodium metal. Going full Youtube viral!

Also the explanation text before the preview:
"Because it has a lot of legs, this one is called Spider... this isn't the time to give explanations! Kennosuke!"

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

its 26 episodes man

also where the hell are the gg subs, 2 weeks behind now!

So the last two episodes I saw weren't subbed by gg? That explains why pottymouth has been so tame with his expletives.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Everything is getting ready for the showdown and we get a hint at what's the deal with Alien Yukihime.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Zel is a cool dude and surprisingly handsome.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

So who do you think's eventually going to off Mirasa? She seems to have racked up a ridiculously huge list of people with grudges against her.

She'll probably get herself killed since she's pretty the only one left bearing a grudge.
There was also a surprising amount of death flags. I hope it overloaded the system.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

What a serene penultimate episode. It looks like they are setting up a sequel?
Yukina still has to go to Mars.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

also we still gotta resolve the plot point on why yukina is a clone of yukihime and has an irresistible compulsion to go to spaaaace

~Nanomachines~

Really, Yukihime might have survived and she might be Yukina's grandmother or something similar.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

PA Works, you are better working on season two :argh:

Waiting for more feedback once Netflix releases the last thirteen episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

They were high school girls in the first episode, doesn't count

Yukina and Kennosuke will stay at highschool age forever thanks to nanomachines.

• Locked thread