Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009
Show is a lot of fun. I very much appreciated that the UN team defeated a robot using their reverse-engineered mecha while Mr Samurai was still trapped in a black cube and conventional military forces apparently defeated another offscreen. Always nice to see conventional forces actually achieve something without relying exclusely on the protagonist's folded steel space katana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009
Third episode was a lot of fun overall. Once again, the peripheral members of the cast are actually competent and the authorities are taking care of business, while the protagonists are fun to watch. I also loved the scenes with the monk talking Tokisada down.

The boob grab scene was very disappointing, though. Hopefully she will get her revenge one of these days.

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

yeah that's what i meant. basically I didn't want to count the Gundams and Macrosses and...uh...Evangelion?

...actually there haven't been that many really high profile mecha shows in recent years, have there? So far the two most notable franchises of the 2010s behind those three (and Evangelion only had arguably its weakest movie yet for the decade) has legitimately been Fafner in the Azure and Aquarion and I don't know what to think about that.

i mean sure Valvrave and Cross Ange garnered attention but I'd argue that their reception perhaps spells that we will not be seeing much of them again

You're excluding Knights of Sidona (a good show) and the various Muv Luv spinoffs (less so) off the top of my head. After that you can argue about what constitutes high profile I guess but there have been no shortage of mecha shows in recent years.

• Locked thread