Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Let's just have the source of this creature's genetic material hang outside the body in a little skin sack. If the temperature inside the body is too hot for sperm to form, you would think it would make

more sense to evolve gametes that can stand the heat ? You keep hearing how the human body is some "marvel" of engineering, but it just looks jury-rigged together.

A lady's reproductive organs are just more elegant and streamlined.

Yeah, I have balls on my mind, no big deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason why god designed it that way, op

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It wasn't fair to make men superior to women in every way, so God had to give us an achilles heel.

We wouldn't be where we are today if women couldn't kick men in the nuts is what I'm saying.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
When you get older, you gotta watch out when you sit down!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

outside the body? I think something wrong with you op they should be inside you abdominal cavity

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Blue Train posted:

outside the body? I think something wrong with you op they should be inside you abdominal cavity

Shhh not everyone knows we lizards are in this thread

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

theres an easy solution to that op, its not like your required to keep your balls

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
just cut them off

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
here's a solution for your problems op:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2DybbHGNbw

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Knees are badly designed, the appendix is a random-timer suicide bomb, wisdom teeth are terrible, it's almost like nobody proofread the design documents.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I think you meant to post this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A7gBS3QiqA

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I was doing leg extensions and leg curl super sets today and one of my testicles went up into my body

made me want to throw up!!

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
my low-hangin balls get me a lot of cred at the bar for gay dudes. w/o that id have nothing

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Feels great when they get licked/touched, though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
their design allows for them to be sucked on, OP

suck my drat balls

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
not for too long tho or the sperm will boil

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

rotinaj posted:

Knees are badly designed, the appendix is a random-timer suicide bomb, wisdom teeth are terrible, it's almost like nobody proofread the design documents.

body's like GM in the 70's

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The sooner we are able to create an elegant, efficient 100% bioengineered creature the better. Or I guess we could just decide we've played out our part and let the robots and AI take over.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

rotinaj posted:

more like unintelligent design, amr

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
some african tribesmen sit down and bury their nuts in hot sand as a contraceptive method

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Hogge Wild posted:

some african tribesmen sit down and bury their nuts in hot sand as a contraceptive method

They need to learn about cumming on tits/faces.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Universe Master posted:

They need to learn about cumming on tits/faces.

there's only one sure way:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

I always wonder how people figured stuff like that out. Same with medicinal plants - someone just eats everything to see the effects ?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
It would be great if they were retractable. Sure you want them out there for that someone special to play with. But they're a real hassle most of the time. Plus it would be a neat thing only men could do, really make up for not giving birth I think.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

AKA Pseudonym posted:

It would be great if they were retractable. Sure you want them out there for that someone special to play with. But they're a real hassle most of the time. Plus it would be a neat thing only men could do, really make up for not giving birth I think.

i wonder if wolverine can do that

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Yours aren't?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
And why 2 instead of one bigger ball ? Like a goose egg or something

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
one ball for the left ovary, another for the right. if the left sperm meets the left egg (HER left, not yours!), you get a girl, if they cross, you get a boy

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It is great that a thread like this continues to exist while my thread about eating rear end was closed

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Balls are proof that either intelligent design doesn't exist or that if there is a god or gods that they are rather discordant in nature.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

facebook jihad posted:

It is great that a thread like this continues to exist while my thread about eating rear end was closed

This is a serious discussion about anatomy & evolution.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Decebal posted:

I want to kick you in the balls

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Wha'd you expect from a design-by-committee project?

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Decebal posted:

Balls are hilarious in terms of evolution, it's like nature just gave up. It's not just humans with exterior balls, it's other mammals too, so it occurred quite a while back. But you get life figuring out how to run all its array of functions at a regular temperature, getting enzymes that fold right to eat glucose or signal neurons or whatever, it must have taken millions of years of critters dying to get it just right. It's just making sperm that has to be a little bit colder.

Probably a point in favour of intelligent design, it's just the sort of thing some capricious god would do.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Actually it's because semen is produced optimally at a lower body temperature than that of the rest of the regular body so it makes sense to distend it from the rest of the body you loving idiots. It's not that weird.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

facebook jihad posted:

Actually it's because semen is produced optimally at a lower body temperature than that of the rest of the regular body so it makes sense to distend it from the rest of the body you loving idiots. It's not that weird.

I know that, but wouldn't it make more sense to evolve sperm than can be produced at body-temperature ? I guess that was harder to achieve over the millions of years. So hard apparently that hanging balls from your body was preferable.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Decebal posted:

I know that, but wouldn't it make more sense to evolve sperm than can be produced at body-temperature ? I guess that was harder to achieve over the millions of years. So hard apparently that hanging balls from your body was preferable.

Yeah, exactly. So presumably, for some reason, having super vulnerable balls doesn't have a significant detriment to an organism's fitness and ability to pass on its genetics. Ok there are some really niche reasons why, like maybe you can still help your siblings' kids survive even after having your own balls crushed, so some quarter of your genome survives. And in some societies eunuchs gained enough social status and wealth to elevate their family, again helping the nieces and nephews out. Still doesn't explain the evolution of it though.

You can do anything with enzymes! Temperature be damned, mix up the amino acids a bit to make it fold slightly differently. It'll get it right in a thousand generations. I refuse to believe that mammals just "have" to have the balls at a lower temperature.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The ladies need something else to play with to keep them interested. Like a cat playing with a bell toy.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The neat evolutionary trick of the ballsack is that it can maintain optimal conditions for sperm production in a wide range of climates, if it's too warm it will droop down to get more air cooling while if it's too cold it will shrivel up and force the gonads back inside the body to heat them up.

God probably spent ages fondling all sorts of different balls to come up with such a brilliant design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

error1 posted:

The neat evolutionary trick of the ballsack is that it can maintain optimal conditions for sperm production in a wide range of climates, if it's too warm it will droop down to get more air cooling while if it's too cold it will shrivel up and force the gonads back inside the body to heat them up.

God probably spent ages fondling all sorts of different balls to come up with such a brilliant design.

I never really thought about god's purpose for humanity like that. He probably created all life just to develop the optimal design for him to gently caress. Honestly, being hosed in the rear end by god for all eternity is probably better than singing His praises...unless "singing His praises" is innuendo, which would explain why tongues are so flexible, and why lips are so soft.

Also total bullshit on the wide range of climates stuff. We're mammals! And more than that - we're humans! Our ability to control our body temperature is inherently among the best of any creature, and that's only partially to do with technology. (We sweat a lot.)

• Locked thread